Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Healing advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[DoK] Healing advice

Post#1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:25 pm

For those of us not running the meta of DPS healers, what tactics/masteries/renown should I be picking up as I level. Also is the shield worth it or should I just stick with a chalice?

Ads
Twyxx

Re: [DoK] Healing advice

Post#2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:05 pm

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
AP tactic can also be used in place of self-absorb tactic.
For renown, I grab reduced chance to be crit, dodge/disrupt, then heal crit.

Valarion

Post#3 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:59 am

What Twyxx said.

Take Dark Rites until at least PBAoE heal Khaine's Refreshment. From there you can literally spend the rest of your points into anything, including 1001 dark blessings.

Tactics: Disciple, Khaine's Bounty, group cleanse, AoE detaunt

RR: Futile strikes, Deft Defender, magic crit
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Are there any point to not max out Dark Rites as a healer anymore? Last I heard DoK was pretty much a one Mastery Path class with a couple points you can't really do much with.

Haskr

Post#5 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm

This is quite interesting, I recently switched from warrior priest to dok (level 8 at the moment) and its a mind opener that you really just spec into one tree? 4 mastery points not even used?

Because on wp you could go up the grace tree if you had all from salvation you needed (group hot, group bubble etc.) and pick the group wounds buff wich is a very nice skill to have. On dok there seems really no usefull ability in the right tree to pick, quite astonishing :o

Valarion

Post#6 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:10 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm Are there any point to not max out Dark Rites as a healer anymore? Last I heard DoK was pretty much a one Mastery Path class with a couple points you can't really do much with.
No real point.

Unless you want to see how terrible Devour Essence is.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:12 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm This is quite interesting, I recently switched from warrior priest to dok (level 8 at the moment) and its a mind opener that you really just spec into one tree? 4 mastery points not even used?

Because on wp you could go up the grace tree if you had all from salvation you needed (group hot, group bubble etc.) and pick the group wounds buff wich is a very nice skill to have. On dok there seems really no usefull ability in the right tree to pick, quite astonishing :o
It's 7 point, and the only thing to do with it is boosting covenant damage.

Devour Essence, oh I miss the days of Frozen Fury and Potent Covenant and placing Devour Essence on Haojun and watch him proc everything to death and giving me 60db as a healer in ORVR.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goryak

Post#8 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm This is quite interesting, I recently switched from warrior priest to dok (level 8 at the moment) and its a mind opener that you really just spec into one tree? 4 mastery points not even used?

I wouldn't say exactly that eheh. That is a spec for a rr40 but if you up your rr a bit you can certainly go like this:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 00,5002&t=

Even with rr 40 actually:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 02,5000&t=

M4 is not exactly the quickest thing to reach, so with Pillage Essence you get a nice little boost of Soul Essence and the points in right tree increase your heal from covenant of Vitality which might help you a little little bit if you find yourself solo healing some sc or whatever since your partylings will heal themselves!
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Goryak wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:13 pm

I wouldn't say exactly that eheh. That is a spec for a rr40 but if you up your rr a bit you can certainly go like this:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 00,5002&t=

Even with rr 40 actually:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 02,5000&t=

M4 is not exactly the quickest thing to reach, so with Pillage Essence you get a nice little boost of Soul Essence and the points in right tree increase your heal from covenant of Vitality which might help you a little little bit if you find yourself solo healing some sc or whatever since your partylings will heal themselves!
Wasting a GCD not healing while in melee range and large chance of getting parried when you can just Blood Offering or Essence Lash from safe distance. No thanks
It worked with Transfer Essence coz that actually healed you and group for a fair bit.

vouzou

Post#10 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:44 pm

The bubble from heal tree worth only if you are pugging in SC. Ap tactic is best option for group play.
Khaine's refreshment isn't so good to get it.
So i whould recomend start playing something like this
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4986,9591.

For renown you should focus on Deft defender first futile strikes and heal crit second and rest on parry wounds initiative depending on what stats you have.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg