Recent Topics

Ads

New Player! Picked DoK for my first class!

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tolerance

New Player! Picked DoK for my first class!

Post#1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 am

Hi everyone :)

Just picked this game up for the first time and decided on playing as a DoK. Are there any good beginner guides I can read to help give me an understanding of everything the class is capable of?

I'm playing with a friend (who is also new) that made a BG, so sometimes we will be duo but sometimes solo as well if it matters!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: New Player! Picked DoK for my first class!

Post#2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:24 am

DPS DOK and 2H BG is one of the most lethal melee duos you can run (arguably the top).

It's a very self-sufficient class, capable of doing damage and healing simultaneously. I would suggest that you invest your mastery points into Sacrifice at first, to pick up Devour Essence and improve Rend Soul (and increase your survivability). Renown Points into Parry in the early levels.

Malvane

Post#3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:24 am DPS DOK and 2H BG is one of the most lethal melee duos you can run (arguably the top).

It's a very self-sufficient class, capable of doing damage and healing simultaneously. I would suggest that you invest your mastery points into Sacrifice at first, to pick up Devour Essence and improve Rend Soul (and increase your survivability). Renown Points into Parry in the early levels.
Would you know of gear and builds for Dok (My main on Destro ) and Black Guard (My son's main on Destruction). I would greatly appreciate any beginner pointers and builds, since I haven't played a melee, healing DPS class before.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#4 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 am

Tolerance wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 am Hi everyone :)

Just picked this game up for the first time and decided on playing as a DoK. Are there any good beginner guides I can read to help give me an understanding of everything the class is capable of?

I'm playing with a friend (who is also new) that made a BG, so sometimes we will be duo but sometimes solo as well if it matters!
If you need some low lvl talisman let me know i can provide some for you and for the BG.

*Leave me both name here or in PM on forum. Ill send you some!
]

Tolerance

Post#5 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:03 pm

davispeed wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 am

If you need some low lvl talisman let me know i can provide some for you and for the BG.

I can't send PMs yet I guess, but the name of my DoK is Intolerance!

tictactoeIQ

Post#6 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:34 pm

davispeed wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 am

Im the BG he's duo'd with but we actually ended up swapping classes lmfao, Im now the DoK and my friend is between classes as for the talisman's would be amazing if you sent some our way
My IGN is : Helewynn

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:56 pm

It sounds like there is a chance there will be no dps healers so you may want to rethink your choice

Malvane

Post#8 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:04 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:56 pm It sounds like there is a chance there will be no dps healers so you may want to rethink your choice
What do you mean no dps healers? Don’t tell me this man, as I was just starting to enjoy this class.

Ads
xarax

Post#9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 am

DoK is fine, no need to rethink.

Melee Heal DoK might need some additional tweaks but is playable, also DPS DoK (in duo with Guard tank even better)
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts