Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK vs WP] Comparison

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xarax

[DoK vs WP] Comparison

Post#1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 am

out of boredom i compare the classes a little bit since they are the mirror classes and open it up for discussion.

I know you can't directly compare everything and i might be wrong because the numbers in career builder are wrong and it could look like a "the grass is greener on the other side" but that is not my intention. I mostly play DoK (in all 3 specs)

DoK vs WP
Fell Sacrifice vs Soulfire
  • Fell Sacrifice deals nearly the same dmg but over 24 sec instead of 9 sec
Lacerate vs. Castigation
  • Lacerate deals 76 dmg and 115 over time and reduces Toughness by 75 vs 101 and 115 with 80 Initiative reduction
Consume Strength vs Sigmar's Fist
  • Consume Strength dealing 127 dmg and reduces and buffs strength by 50 vs 164 dmg and 120 strength buff
Soul Rend vs Divine Assault
  • Soul Rend deals 78 dmg per hit vs 102 dmg per hit
Just to name a few, is it a career builder issue or are really all numbers higher?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
TwoBlades

Re: [DoK vs WP] Comparison

Post#2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm

2-h vs 2 swords. You get more slots for talis.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm

TwoBlades wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm 2-h vs 2 swords. You get more slots for talis.
No, each 1hd has 1 slot, a 2hnd has 2 slots

vouzou

Post#4 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:35 pm

i am pretty sure the numbers are incorect
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Wp abilities all hit harder. DoK has dw, faster attacks and more "proc" potential. It evens out.

xarax

Post#6 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:28 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm Wp abilities all hit harder. DoK has dw, faster attacks and more "proc" potential. It evens out.
Might be true for DPS DoKs, but not for melee heal (both use 1h)
vouzou wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:35 pm i am pretty sure the numbers are incorect
I can't compare, do not have a lvl 40 WP. I just took the numbers from Builder
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Snoxx

Post#7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 pm

The entire healing tree is the same for both classes. The available equip is also the same. The only difference between a backline healing DoK and a healing WP are a few differenct tactic options.

Most core melee-skills are identical mirrors:
Rend Soul / Divine Assault
Smite / Essence Lash
Execute / Hammer of Sigmar
and so on ...

Other skills are reverse-mirrors:
For example, WP has a +10% parry buff, DoK has a -10% parry debuff.

The true differences lie in a few specific melee skills, namely:

- WP has Sigmar's Grace, a wounds buff for the entire group. The enemy can remove it, but still very powerful.

- DoK has Pillage Essence instead, a melee skill that gives you 95 Soul Essence in one hit. As a bonus, it's an AP-drain on the enemy (something that lacks WP entirely). This is damn strong.

- DoK has Curse of Khaine, a tactic which is probably the best heal-debuff in the game (once you have the proper gear, renown rank and crit% rate; it's useless on a lowbie DoK).

- WP has the Guilty Soul tactic instead, which is de-facto a dps boost (this seems intended to close the gap between WP 2h-weapon and DoK dual-wield; the latter gives slightly better dps due to more proc chances)

- WP has Sigmar's Shield vs. DoK has Devour Essence. Both serve somewhat the same purpose (healing) but in a completely different way. Sigmar's Shield is a pure defensive skill, whereas Devour Essence can be used as great offensive tool. You can even use Devour Essence to apply your healdebuff on multiple enemies. On the other hand, Devour Essence needs to hit multiple enemies to reach its full healing potential. In a 1vs1 fight, Sigmar's Shield will heal more (but does no damage).

- DoK has Covenant of Celerity with a snare-proc. When roaming in oRvR, this is priceless. It's easy to run away from a melee WP, but it's much much harder to run away from a melee DoK (they can spam their ranged ability and use the Covenant as a de-facto ranged snare). The WP mirror is the Prayer of Righteousness and it deals more damage, but the general consensus is that the DoK Covenant is clearly superior because of the snare proc.

Snoxx

Post#8 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:39 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm
TwoBlades wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm 2-h vs 2 swords. You get more slots for talis.
No, each 1hd has 1 slot, a 2hnd has 2 slots
The only possible advantage is: DoK can use same talisman in both 1h weapons.
For example, DoK can slot strength talis in both.

WP has 2hand-weapon with 2 talisman slots, but you can't put two talismans of the same type into it.
Most (melee) WP choose strength+weaponskill or strength+wounds instead.

ajnin420 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm Wp abilities all hit harder. DoK has dw, faster attacks and more "proc" potential. It evens out.
WP abilities do not hit harder.
Only the autoattacks hit harder.
DoK autoattacks hit more often.
The dps (translate: damage-per-second) is identical.

But the game favours dual-wield users because of more proc chances.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#9 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Snoxx wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:39 pm
WP abilities do not hit harder.
Only the autoattacks hit harder.
abilties damage depends on weapon dps ( not speed ) , and 2h weapon has more dps than 1h weapon
unless it accounts BOTH weapon to calculate ability damage, but dont think so

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 pm

WP is more bursty.

The initiave debuff + 2hander spikes increases the dps output of the WP somewhere between 100-200dps (around 50% more dmg) more then DoK in the initial engagement compared to Toughness debuff+faster AA including procs from Covenants.

When I did the test the classes ended up at the exactly same dps over something like 2min. When exactly this crossover happened i can't remember.