Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Returning player needs help

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kuroiwashi

[DOK] Returning player needs help

Post#1 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:31 pm

I used to play live a lot and then played RoR like 2-3 years ago, but stop playing due to RL issues. I came back this week, but now im totally lost on what to do, im R40RR35, and not sure if I should just deleted the character and start from 0 or not.

There is a ton of information in the forums that Im lost with, specially one that said that melee doks now have to use a shield? (Im guessing is the chalice) for the transfer essence skill.

Also what quest should i start working first to be able to gear up decently, I remembered doing the epic quest in the live game, but not sure if they are still worth it, I used to do it solo most of it but as a melee dok (currently playing healer till i get back the feel of the game)

I would like to go back playing melee dok, since i loved the class when it came out, but in the live version they nerfed the **** out of it, here Im not sure what to do about it, most my gear is from t3, which i know i need to update.

Another question on the dungeons, in the live version I never did Gunbad, just went to bastion of stairs and the city ones, but aparently Gunbad has lvl 40 gear now, which is the dungeon route to be able to do cities dungeons effectivly, meaning, Gunbad then bastion then cities? or Can i just skip Gunbad for Bastion?

I dont have any issues playing healer spec in general, especialy for dungeons, but not sure where to go with the gear/quest since I came back, I tried to do oRvR and fixing the system specs that kept kicking me out of the game, but then I was lost on what to do since I wasnt sure where to start

Thank you for your time to read and answer

PS: The warbuild links for me are broken for some reason, so that's another thing i cant get my head around on getting them to work

Ads
TwoBlades

Re: [DOK] Returning player needs help

Post#2 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:22 pm

I wouldn't even touch DPS/SnB DoK unless full Oppressor gear. Once ya hit RR40+, ya'll be getting Gen drops from blue rvr bags. Ya really have 3 choices for Gen, I went for the tank spec 'cause ya can also go DPS/SnB with it. Also, gold bags will start giving ya Vanq/Conq gear. Those are fine for healing DoK's to start with. Purple bags would give ya your wpns. Try wearing something with Aid X or something like that, works wonders with Khaine's Refreshment. Try going for armor/wounds/toughness talis, avoid WP.

Here is a simple build for rvr to start ya off: RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

Now, this ok for WB's or solo, not the best 6-man build. Ya can be somewhat in the front lines with Essence Lash and Pillage Essence for ya wouldn't really need to do Blood Offering. Some people use Siphon as M2 but it is hard to beat Focus Mind + Khaine's Embrace when things go south. Once ya start doing forts, switch M4 to Alter Fate.

GL and GH.

PS: Sorry, I can't answer your pve questions for I don't do pve. I think beast lord gear gives ya a dps spec, if ya truly can't wait that long for oppressor.

PS2: Get your disrupt as high as possible with RR points.

Kuroiwashi

Post#3 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Thank you for the reply, i will look start working on some of the things you said, im trying to look for the Beast lord set in the mean time, while i get used to the game.

One other thing, what is a good time for SCs, they been taking for ever to pop, im play mostly around noon CST time, due to work schedule

rektalalchemist

Post#4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:01 pm

new player here.. :)

I cant finde any DOK guides.. like I mean a guide which basically explains me what does what and how to fight etc..

frustrating :(

zak68

Post#5 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:54 am

viewforum.php?f=73
you dived there, read all the dok inherent threads and found "nothing" ? i find it strange since as a completely new player to age of reckoning , at that time it's where i found valuable hints about tree specs and spells/styles usage; yes, as a healing specced dok, i admit that i was granted to skip al that dps reshuffles they implemented,but...c'mon, give it a try.
consider you can always use /advice channel too.