Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc leveling

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tanski

Sorc leveling

Post#1 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:40 am

Hey guys leveling a sorc here and was looking for a build and some advice in terms of pq leveling. Are there any builds that help to farm pqs? Going orvr or sc can be great but is very inconsistent, especially on destro side. Thanks !
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Sorc leveling

Post#2 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:15 am

It's kind of slow at lower levels, because you will probably have down time. I wouldnt try to do an AoE build if you are solo.

Just find the ST rotation for whatever mob you are killing so you can get the kill before it gets to you with minimal backlash. When you hit 23 slot the bathing in blood tactic, it helps a lot. Then when you hit 30 you should be able to chain pull with reckless gathering and bathing in blood.

It's all about managing your Dark Magic, but still killing things before they get to you. Start the fight at the right amount of Dark Magic.

Lots of things work, but I think I start with a doom bolt, Artic blast then whatever curse you want so that when artic blast hits it applies the snare. I found it doesnt really matter. You can try word of pain, but even with the tactic things usually die before it goes off ao I usually use a chillwind. I used Dhar Wind a lot while leveling to help manage dark magic but didnt like to use it at the end of a kill because then you have to waste time and AP getting back to what you like to be at on pull.

For a spec I would just go normal ST sorc spec, so you can do scenarios as you go. Agony up to impending doom or swell of gloom. Then go up calamity towards Hand of Ruin. I would get the two tactics in Calamity, but I dont know if they would help much in PvE.

Tanski

Post#3 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:21 am

Appreciate the help man! I will look for the standard sorc specs but im glad you mentioned bathing in blood because I didnt think of that.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 am

The leveling speed will still be slow and bathing in blood is a trash tactic. If it would stack with itself, then it could be useful but not in it's current form.
Try to find a healer in your leveling range, who wants to get xp too. You both will win in this team.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#5 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:54 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:15 am (...)
Lots of things work, but I think I start with a doom bolt, Artic blast then whatever curse you want so that when artic blast hits it applies the snare. I found it doesnt really matter. You can try word of pain, but even with the tactic things usually die before it goes off ao I usually use a chillwind. I used Dhar Wind a lot while leveling to help manage dark magic but didnt like to use it at the end of a kill because then you have to waste time and AP getting back to what you like to be at on pull.

(...)
Ideally you should not start like that. Doombolt cause the asting time is long, Curse (chillwind in example), then Artic Blast. Cause Artic Blast snare will not applied if the target is running to you,the GCD will make it impossible to coordinate, so it give you more time to kite from range.

That rotation is ideal for PvP though.
Spoiler:

adamthelc

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:54 am
adamthelc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:15 am (...)

(...)
Ideally you should not start like that. Doombolt cause the asting time is long, Curse (chillwind in example), then Artic Blast. Cause Artic Blast snare will not applied if the target is running to you,the GCD will make it impossible to coordinate, so it give you more time to kite from range.

That rotation is ideal for PvP though.
You do it because the cast time is long. Artic blast snare will be applied if the target is running to you. There is no kiting. The thing should die before it gets to you or immediately after.

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 am The leveling speed will still be slow and bathing in blood is a trash tactic. If it would stack with itself, then it could be useful but not in it's current form.
Try to find a healer in your leveling range, who wants to get xp too. You both will win in this team.
Makes me think you have never tried it. Yes its trash compared to an actual healer. There is no need for it to stack with itself if you are killing things one at a time.

If someone is reading this and trying to level a sorc dont listen to the post saying its trash. If you can find a healer and AoE, fine that's better. But bathing in blood reduces down time so much, it's a night and day difference. At least try it and decide its trash yourself.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:14 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 am The leveling speed will still be slow and bathing in blood is a trash tactic. If it would stack with itself, then it could be useful but not in it's current form.
Makes me think you have never tried it. Yes its trash compared to an actual healer. There is no need for it to stack with itself if you are killing things one at a time.

If someone is reading this and trying to level a sorc dont listen to the post saying its trash. If you can find a healer and AoE, fine that's better. But bathing in blood reduces down time so much, it's a night and day difference. At least try it and decide its trash yourself.
It's a low value hot over 9 seconds, you can easily calculate how much hp you gain per second. For leveling, 1 mob at once is considered very slow.
It is better than nothing, yes but I wouldn't suggest anyone to pick such a slow leveling route.

You have to keep your mechanic low to avoid backlash, which deals more damage than the hot heals in 9 sec. But at low mechanic, sorc/bw dmg is subpar.
Efficiency is something different.
Dying is no option.

Aziano

Post#8 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Sulorie, first off, I agree with you...

Duo'ing with a healer would be your best bet by far, but If you truly are solo, and just want to farm some with your low level Sorc, that tactic is better than nothing.

Sure, on my DOK I can grab up half a dozen mobs and mow them down, rinse and repeat ad nauseum. The Sorc, anything more than 2 at a time is probably suicide with the damage she takes, and that's detaunting one while killing the other, one at a time is actually more efficient with the lower level Sorc. I don't know how it is at higher level yet.

I've farmed some PQ"s for an influence item I want with my lower level Sorc waiting for a SC to pop several times, and yes it is excruciatingly slow, but do you have another alternative if you are truly "solo"?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Aziano wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:48 pm do you have another alternative if you are truly "solo"?
Sadly no, efficient pvp or pve isn't possible without healer. :)
Dying is no option.

Pkunk

Post#10 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:08 pm
Aziano wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:48 pm do you have another alternative if you are truly "solo"?
Sadly no, efficient pvp or pve isn't possible without healer. :)
Bullshit.

To the op; slot close quarters tac and just go wild. Anything but champ mobs will die before you do.
Simply spam shattered shadows on groups of mobs. Avoid ranged mobs. If you got room, slot the heal on
kill tac for less downtime. Combine this with quests. Don't do only this, also do rvr in between.

I leveled my sorc this way so I know it works. Solo.