Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] shields

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xumae

[DoK] shields

Post#1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:44 am

I make it a point to inspect almost every dok I see while out in lakes. I don't think I've seen a single shield using dok since I came back to ror. Just wondering how it is, and if it was just a nice idea that never really worked out?
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [DoK] shields

Post#2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:01 am

SnB DoK for all intents and purposes is basically a giant meme, yeah an idea that never worked out i dont play order as much but i have never encountered a shield WP either as destro

if you want to melee DoK DW is far superior honestly

Xumae

Post#3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:01 am SnB DoK for all intents and purposes is basically a giant meme, yeah an idea that never worked out i dont play order as much but i have never encountered a shield WP either as destro

Yeah just a lil annoying u can't use transfer essence because of the damn shield lol
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Rydiak

Post#4 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 am

There is nothing wrong with Sacrifice/Grace DoK/WP. The specs are very difficult to play well though, so most players either avoid them or are terrible at them for a time before deciding to avoid them again.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

adamthelc

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 am

It's not as bad as the majority think it is and has more limitations than its champions might be willing to admit.

With the right set up it can be pretty good in the right situation. Especially in the lakes it can be hard to get it's full value in any circumstance you might find yourself in.

It's a fun change of pace and when it's working well it can be a lot of fun. The issue is why play something that can be good sometimes over a backline dok/wp that can be good all of the time.

I think it's in a pretty good spot for what it is. If it were easy enough for anyone to do well with it in any situation it would probably be too good. I have some tweaks that I wouldnt mind seeing that I think would make it more fun, but balance has to be considered, so I wouldnt go as far as to say they should be made.

Being able to use some of the healing tactics that proc off of direct heals would make it more interesting, but maybe that would be too good? Reducing the amount of GCDs and AP needed to keep all of your buffs up would be nice, but again that would be a buff so it's a balance issue.

My last issue with the spec is not a major issue, just something I noticed. They put a vendor that gives you a shield right in the starting area, but there is not much of a reason to use a shield in T1. It give you a small amount of block and strikethrough, but a DoK will get more defense with DW and a WP will get more strikethrough with a 2H. Both a charm dok/wp and dps DoK/wp will heal for more in T1. Charm because the extra mechanic and Dps because DS/CE will hit harder. Not sure they should make the shield so accessible in T1, seems like a trap choice.

xarax

Post#6 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:28 am

i use it only for pve
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Vance

Post#7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 am

Xumae wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:01 am SnB DoK for all intents and purposes is basically a giant meme, yeah an idea that never worked out i dont play order as much but i have never encountered a shield WP either as destro

Yeah just a lil annoying u can't use transfer essence because of the damn shield lol

Exactly. A Hybrid class was forced into roles now and made it worthless in terms of diversity unfortunately.

Either be a weak dps (in comparison to other mdps) or a cast heal.
Melee Heal is out of the equation now as shield dok does not heal nearly as much as a cast heal and is weaker because he needs to get into the action (and takes guard slot as well then).

It is obvious though why... shield doks do nearly no dmg and therefore don´t heal much with Transfer Essence, which was the anytime skill of every mdok and know only shield doks can use it. Which wouldn´t be a problem if Consume Essence would do more dmg/heal more as it does right now.

And if you don´t use a dmg/heal skill as a mdok (besides Rend Soul for assisted heal) why would you play a mdok in the first place.

Still waiting & hoping on a rework or revert of the mDoK/mWP adjustments to make the class interesting again. No wonder the best mDoK/mWP people left this class (or entirely unfortunately)

Cheers,
Vance
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm

DPS DOK is anything but a 'weak dps', so I don't know how you're playing it, but you must be playing it wrong.

Btw haven't noticed any 'top' mDoK/mWP leaving as there were never that many in the first place.

Ads
orfeask

Post#9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm DPS DOK is anything but a 'weak dps', so I don't know how you're playing it, but you must be playing it wrong.

Btw haven't noticed any 'top' mDoK/mWP leaving as there were never that many in the first place.
They are talking about shield spec not dual weild dps.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:36 pm

orfeask wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm DPS DOK is anything but a 'weak dps', so I don't know how you're playing it, but you must be playing it wrong.

They are talking about shield spec not dual weild dps.
My comment was in response to 'Either be a weak dps (in comparison to other mdps) or a cast heal', which 100% was referring to DPS DOK.