Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] BiS Tanky 2H BG

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panodil

Re: [BG] BiS Tanky 2H BG

Post#11 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 am

2h BG awesome to have one of in WB. Crimson death+wave of scorn.
Would go 3 redeye, 4 vanq and speedproc weapon or defense +10 proc weapon depending on who you are guarding.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Haskr

Post#12 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Lime wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 am For warband play you need a shield to survive and be able to guard someone. The tankiest 2h spec can not reliably guard a dps and survive vs 24+ skilled/geared players regardless of gear as you eat 60% of spells without 30+% block and hold the line. You will get barbecued regardless of what set you use.

What gear setup is tankiest largely depends on what your fighting. For warband play you just want tanks that are full deftard and BG is the worst warband tank as chosen and black orc bring alot more group utility and have morale pumps as snb.
You don't take a 2h BG in a warband for guard and hold the line, you take him as a Crimson Death / Hastened Doom AOE debuffer.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Panodil wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:43 am 2h BG awesome to have one of in WB. Crimson death+wave of scorn.
Would go 3 redeye, 4 vanq and speedproc weapon or defense +10 proc weapon depending on who you are guarding.
This.
For a more offensive build, go with bloodlord set. When picking full set, you can swap avoidable proc weapon for speedproc one.
Sc weapon would give more damage but the procs are imo too good to pass.
Dying is no option.

thefryinallofus

Post#14 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Toggle wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 am
thefryinallofus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 pm
SilentMorbus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 pm and if like me is impossible to get sentinel?

Hi SilentMorbus, I'm an officer from Learn To Play, a very active NA guild. We run regular dungeons and track our member's gear progression. If you play during NA we'd be happy to help you acquire Sentinel from the city dungeons. The only requirement for the guild is being in discord during scheduled guild events if you're in-game. Contact Blackroot, Dettess, or Meatballsub in-game if you'd like an invite. Any member of LTP can invite.
And by in Discord you mean required to join guild WBs, right?

During scheduled events, that's correct. Our philosophy is getting to know other players and learn from them. If the social aspect of playing together with guildies doesn't appeal to you, we're not a good fit. We're called Learn To Play for a reason, and playing with guild-mates is one of the best ways to learn.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

SilentMorbus

Post#15 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:40 pm

ty all for replies,helps me a lot to think a build gear that could fit without pve. i just don't do pve,with the current system is a pain in the ass for lack of decent pve system(aggro,mechanics managment etc). i don't care if it is necessary and it shouldn't be in my opinion. my final goal will be oppressor of course,but whil i get there i think i might run a mix of conq/merc with str talis...maybe try the bonus from ruin if i struggle with survability,but i found out BG is tough with 2h xD.i used to be a snb tank,but i figured out that they are nearly usless with the current system,serves only as guardbot meatshield and htl just to die 3 seconds slower,healer trainig dummies etc...but i am really enjoing rvr with 2h. i feel usefull,i even manage to kill a healer sometimes,and i don't get killed if i am alone try to reach my wb. it's awsome. ty again all for your replies,helps me a lot.

Direbloodykiller

Post#16 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:58 pm

yes, running gunbad, maximum 4(!) times is a real pain in the ass... :roll:

Haskr

Post#17 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:58 pm yes, running gunbad, maximum 4(!) times is a real pain in the ass... :roll:
true that dungeon is really anoying, im glad that im not the only one who sees it that way.

thefryinallofus

Post#18 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:04 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 pm
Direbloodykiller wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:58 pm yes, running gunbad, maximum 4(!) times is a real pain in the ass... :roll:
true that dungeon is really anoying, im glad that im not the only one who sees it that way.

The RNG crap in Gunbad, especially the giant squig boss from mid is really frustrating (Ever had the black squigs stun, then spawn on a sorc or healer?!). If you skip the PQ's and run just bosses, it's way faster and less annoying. Running all the PQ's makes it take forever. City and Bastion are much faster, and feature more challenging mechanics that are more rewarding to master. Gunbad's buggy-ness and rng never feel rewarding to overcome.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

Ads
Direbloodykiller

Post#19 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:39 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 pm
the irony flew right passed you there, i see

Eilhander

Post#20 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Lime wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 am For warband play you need a shield to survive and be able to guard someone. The tankiest 2h spec can not reliably guard a dps and survive vs 24+ skilled/geared players regardless of gear as you eat 60% of spells without 30+% block and hold the line. You will get barbecued regardless of what set you use.

What gear setup is tankiest largely depends on what your fighting. For warband play you just want tanks that are full deftard and BG is the worst warband tank as chosen and black orc bring alot more group utility and have morale pumps as snb.
Agree with the 2H BG "tanky" is not worth, totally disagree with the BG utility on a wb, neither the Chosen or the BO are able to provide the utility a BG can do. Things like unblockable aoe snare, and all the single target buffs/debuffs a BG can bring into the table turn em into the best main assist tank of the whole bg, also combined with a msh is the perfect combo to harrash their backlines.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure