Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] BiS Tanky 2H BG

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jhwieser

[BG] BiS Tanky 2H BG

Post#1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:49 pm

What would yall recommend as best-in-slot for a tanky-as-possible 2H BG. Primarily for WB play, as I know you can kind of get away with anything in scenarios if you're organized.

I imagine it would be a combination of:
- 3 redeye for armor bonus (cloak, boots, shoulders)
- 4 invader (helm, chest, waist, gloves - no shoulders due to 2% block)
- Sc epic weapon (the one with tank stats)
- Gunbad parry gem

for other 3 accessories I'm not sure... impervious winds set? 3x genesis undying?
full armor talis?

Maybe some combination of BL or Sent could work better but I'm less familiar with those sets.
84 BG
4x IB

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [BG] BiS Tanky 2H BG

Post#2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 pm

full sentinel for parry + armor/tough/wound talis.
genesis clock + 2genesis parry + 2gunbad parry or 1gunbad parry + 1genesis( for 2 set of genesis, tough and wound )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

gauripuri

Post#3 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:50 am

Thanks for the information.

SilentMorbus

Post#4 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 pm

and if like me is impossible to get sentinel?

Ototo

Post#5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Join the RoR discord, and form a stable group to run dungeons with comms each week at the same time. You can probably spare 1-3 hours a week of gameplay. Tedious for an RvR player? Sure. Required to get Sentinel? Sure too.
Spoiler:

Haskr

Post#6 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:33 pm

SilentMorbus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 pm and if like me is impossible to get sentinel?
You could try out two piece ruin set, they also have armor bonus on them, it drops from public quests in tier 4 areas.
Or take 5 piece conqueror for the wounds buff, thats also nice!

There is also an epic quest weapon with +25% to parry, dodge and disrupt on defense that doesn't take long to do and makes you a lot tankier.

thefryinallofus

Post#7 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 pm

SilentMorbus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 pm and if like me is impossible to get sentinel?

Hi SilentMorbus, I'm an officer from Learn To Play, a very active NA guild. We run regular dungeons and track our member's gear progression. If you play during NA we'd be happy to help you acquire Sentinel from the city dungeons. The only requirement for the guild is being in discord during scheduled guild events if you're in-game. Contact Blackroot, Dettess, or Meatballsub in-game if you'd like an invite. Any member of LTP can invite.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

Toggle

Post#8 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 am

thefryinallofus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi SilentMorbus, I'm an officer from Learn To Play, a very active NA guild. We run regular dungeons and track our member's gear progression. If you play during NA we'd be happy to help you acquire Sentinel from the city dungeons. The only requirement for the guild is being in discord during scheduled guild events if you're in-game. Contact Blackroot, Dettess, or Meatballsub in-game if you'd like an invite. Any member of LTP can invite.
And by in Discord you mean required to join guild WBs, right?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Goryak

Post#9 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:48 am

Check out des PVE Discord if you are struggling to PVE.

https://discord.gg/GXrfjX5
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Lime

Post#10 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 am

For warband play you need a shield to survive and be able to guard someone. The tankiest 2h spec can not reliably guard a dps and survive vs 24+ skilled/geared players regardless of gear as you eat 60% of spells without 30+% block and hold the line. You will get barbecued regardless of what set you use.

What gear setup is tankiest largely depends on what your fighting. For warband play you just want tanks that are full deftard and BG is the worst warband tank as chosen and black orc bring alot more group utility and have morale pumps as snb.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG