Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Build Help

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
agemennon675

[Black Guard] Build Help

Post#1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:25 am

I am almost 40/40 with my black guard, I mostly play in scenarios, and I played both SnB and 2H while leveling up, and I could only carry as a 2H, mainly become main dps since allies we get are random, so what kind of Renown and Career build should I use as a fresh 40 to be viable in scs ?

I made this: RoR.builders - Black Guard

Thanks !
Last edited by agemennon675 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [Black Guard] Build Help

Post#2 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:30 am

I like the parry tactic over the toughness tactic.

Ototo

Post#3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:49 am

If you are not planning to go further in the mid tree, I would rather move the points to the right branch to get the auto-dispel of detaunts and some increased power in the shield. Also not a big fan of the M3 you picked, but that's up to you as Morales define play styles.
Spoiler:

TreefAM

Post#4 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:39 am

I'm at rr 74 right now and I use 3 different builds depending on the situation at hand

This is my standard Orvr build as a 2h, wave of scorn is pretty good when you're slamming into the flank/back line of a wb because of the slow, the parry tactic is better than anything else you have on the list, I wouldn't take the toughness one from the middle tree for a 2h since you hateful strike but instead murderous wrath.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 11,913,920

This is what I usually go for in scenarios as a 2h (don't even try going as a snb there :D) I exchange my parry and wave of scorn for soul killer and elite training (only because I have nothing else to waste points for right then, and it also gives you a bit of time) Basically what you want to do besides the usual guard bot/punter is tag their healers with mind killer for the outgoing heal debuff, it works pretty well I must say.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 13,911,925

The last one is a snb for Orvr/Forts/City wbs, you need wave of scorn to fight the slayer meta, together with a couple of sticky feets from shamies you'll be able to kite for days. Filled with fury is an amazing skill and you will always want your dark protector to be on a mSH because of the armour buff. I have Khaine's Warding as my m4 because it's OP for pushes, together with high blocking and the usual m4 from other tanks pushing into anything is possible (although we never had enough BGs for every single party to see how good it is at it's peak.
You also want None shall pass because it bumps your block for 50% and the heal debuff tactic because at this point you want it more than the parry one. It's a pretty strong wb build to play as and you can survive tons of punishment. Also this is where the toughness tactic comes in hand because it's super easy to hit that 1k mark.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 16,925,897

Hope this helps you in any way friend. Also I forgot to add anything about morales but you mostly want to have Banish weakness/champions challenge for m1, Distracting bellow for m2 and Raze for m3 for that sweet bombing. Take care :D

Drozen

Post#5 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:47 pm

This is what you run at 40/40 as 2h. 4th tactic you can adjust accordingly to opposition (Rugged or juggernout is solid picks regardless)

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 20,911,913

Later on you pick up Wave of scorn aswell.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

agemennon675

Post#6 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks for the insight everyone ! It looks like I should always get Crimson Death for sure as 2h, How about renown points ? How should I spend my renow points ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Drozen

Post#7 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:53 pm

FS & parry. After that D&D & crit, but that's at higher lvls.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

agemennon675

Post#8 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Drozen wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:53 pm FS & parry. After that D&D & crit, but that's at higher lvls.
What is FS D&D ?

Ads
marisco

Post#9 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:03 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 pm
Drozen wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:53 pm FS & parry. After that D&D & crit, but that's at higher lvls.
What is FS D&D ?
Futile Strikes and Deft Defender.

Your chance to be critted should be minimum 0% below zero is even better if possible. After you grab FS go parry so you can parry guard damage. Your priority should be FS (until at least 0% crit, possibly below) > Reflexes (parry).

Once you are past these two you can grab Deft Defender or just go YOLO and grab melee crit. But thats at higher renown levels.

ashton007

Post#10 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 pm
What is FS D&D ?
Futile strikes and deft defender. I always go 40 to straight into full parry/deft and then start working towards FS tho. Dunno if that's most sufficient or not.