Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Viable DPS?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orpheus66

[DOK] Viable DPS?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:48 pm

With all the patches and changes it is hard for me to figure out what I want to play. The first class I made when I played Warhammer Online was DoK but then I was told you have to heal, so I dropped it and played something else. I've made threads about pretty much every class but now I'm reading DoK was patched to be more viable at DPS, how true is this?

If I wanted to play melee I am trying to decide between Marauder and (now) DoK, what are the advantages and disadvantages between the two?

Ads
marisco

Re: [DOK] Viable DPS?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:01 pm

If you want to focus your playtime on small scale (6v6) and scenarios, sure DPS DoK is alright. It's fine for pve too.

On anything else it's not viable. It's bad on rvr, its bad on forts and bad on city sieges. No serious warband will take a dps DoK over a Marauder or a choppa.

Sirlagsalot

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:20 pm

The nerfs are so bad even at soft cap (1050STR) you struggle to 1v1 anyone but undergeared newbies..........the Dev complete lack of under standing of the class signature tactic's an there willingness to nerf it into the ground make DPS dok unviable without chopper an Blackguard in pve. You can brute force it but whats the god dam point of being geared when every other dps can aoe single target more then you can single target even when you out gear them
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

Sirlagsalot

Post#4 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:22 pm

The nerfs are so bad even at soft cap (1050STR) you struggle to 1v1 anyone but undergeared newbies..........
The Dev complete lack of under standing of the class signature tactic's an there willingness to nerf it into the ground
make DPS dok unviable without chopper an Blackguard in pve.
You can brute force it but whats the god dam point of being geared when every other dps can aoe single target more then you can single target even when you out gear them
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

Ototo

Post#5 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:26 pm

DPS DoK was never a good damage dealer choice. It had a very easily exploitable tactic + skill, and that's all. Now it relies, as always, in sustained damage which is not what kill things. Serious lack of burst means that you are going to struggle with people able to 2x pot on low health or decently high rr players, so you are going to struggle with 3/5 or 2/3 of the playerbase. Pretty much what it always was: a newbie killer and a solo hunter, that curiously needs a full supporting group behind of players that get no renown from newbies and that aren't meant to solo hunt.

Go Marauder, as even as DPS you are expected to toss heals on emergency, and to be constantly switching friendly target to get the buffs yourself and the heals the person requiring them, and given your tone when you speak about healing, I don't think that you are exactly eager to. Marauder will free you from those responsibilities with the group, it's a very good class, has tons of tools, and is probably the most dangerous large scale class at the moment.
Spoiler:

Zxul

Post#6 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:12 pm

Classic dps spec requires 6 bloodlord + sentinel gem (with sentinel gloves or boots +bloodlord back used) for a good setup, once you got this works fine for 6v6.

Very much has burst- thats what you got aa haste/Drowning in Blood/Devour Essence/Execute for (+Universal Confusion on hard targets).

Bad for rvr- no real aoe dmg, no pull, ets.

There are alternative specs which work as well- solo roaming, on my rr77 dok only classes which might give me any trouble are rr80+ fully geared wl/slayer/dps am- and even out of those if I die vs wl or slayer its cause I made some mistake, and vs am its a stalemate.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh