Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] How is Sacrifice these days?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Noan

[DoK] How is Sacrifice these days?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:11 am

Hello everyone,

Just discovered this community and i`m excited to come back to WAR. I`m trying to choose a class and would like to ask some questions. Back in retail, Sacrifice DoK was the most fun i ever had on a MMO, i loved the melee DPS gameplay with positional AoE HPS. I wasn`t able to secure many kills or save someone from a huge burst, but i was always on top of the Damage and Healing meters and felt like i had a nice impact on the game.

Reading a little it seems like Sacrifice is now a shield based spec and i would like to know if this DPS/HPS gameplay still exists and is effective. What do you guys think about the DoK on RoR?

Ads
Rhino898

Re: [DoK] How is Sacrifice these days?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:12 pm

For endgame meta it isn't exactly viable. A lot of people don't think it is good but I have alot of fun with it. Keep in mind there have been changes since live, as in the shield, new/different abilities, etc. Definitely a unique feeling class in the game! Try it out. You can be more tanky than before, albeit with less dps,

Noan

Post#3 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:20 am

Thank you for your answer. I followed your advice and tried the class and unfortunately it isn`t as fun or rewarding as i remembered. In the end i was just back line healing as i didnt feel like the damage or the healing justified the extra complexity and vulnerability.

adamthelc

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 am

what level are you? You dont get your main healing skill until 30.

Noan

Post#5 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:25 am

adamthelc wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 am what level are you? You dont get your main healing skill until 30.
That is a fair point, i only got it to level 15 before i quit out of boredom. The shield felt like it took too much out of my offensive power, so i didn`t feel rewarded to move in melee and turn my DPS into HPS, and as far as the extra survivability goes it felt counter intuitive as playing as a ranged healer felt more safe anyway.

Overall it didn`t feel like the sacrifice DoK i remember and it killed my enthusiasm. Maybe it could get better in the future, but the opinions i got from the community makes it seem like the tree never picks up and it is just a meme.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 am

In situations where it's good, it's a strong spec. It requires 2 things. You need to be able to survive and you need to always have something in melee range. You take the first one away or the second aone away for very long and it doesnt perform well. It's also very AP hungry and doesnt have as much access to self AP gen as other healers, so you need someone to provide that for you.

So there are a lot of situations it doesnt perform well. Whereas a backline DoK can always perform well. So if you were actually trying to be competitive it makes sense to not play something that has such glaring weaknesses.

But in certain situations it can do very well and can be a lot of fun. I wouldnt play it until 30 though. 30-39 in scenarios though, its awesome.

Noan

Post#7 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:16 am

Thank you for your insight. Back when i played WAR i remember sacrifice being good manly on scenarios and small scale pvp, otherwise i just got focused and killed. But doing great DPS and HPS, and having a positional based healing was so fun it was worth it. But with a shield and all the limitations i don`t feel like i can reproduce that gameplay.

Again, thank you for your reply. I`ll be making a more straight forward melee character that can make some plays. Probably will try a Blackguard since they were introduced late and i never got to try them.

RustieBritches

Post#8 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Been Running a sac DOK, and I played a 68 DOK back in retail. Just found ROR myslef and got this DOk to 44 at present. I am pretty full sac spec and then up to the group HOT in Dark Rites. I was a God once I hit 30ish CL during SCs. Blood of my Blood is amazing once you figure it our and Devour essence is baller as well. I run the AOE Consume essence and this does pretty good damage. At 15 you just dont have the tools yet to evaluate.

At 44 it rough. Its not the spec per say but the fact that the gear is crap and you are facing Inv/Sov geared teams. That being said, putting DE on the MT and then doing the other things is fun for me. Just my 2copper.

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:44 am

I've been trying with my 66 dok here in this last week since the buffs. Its a legit healing option in scenarios, thats for sure. Not quite the dual wield damage, but enough to be decent and steal some deathblows while you put out similar healing numbers.

It probably has more potential than that cause I'm still pretty bad at it, tho :)
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

meatcpu

Post#10 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:34 pm

What's the best set at lvl 40? I'm willing to swap to pve for a while if that's what it takes to be viable in SC. I saw in the 2 min video beastlord was good but on the wiki the set has willpower instead of STR and the block is removed. Sentinel looks like what I should aim for but I've heard that I need to be geared better before I can do those dungeons. Running ruin right now and I guess I'll swap to the Dominator Emblem set if I can't find a tankier alternative.