Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bagietson
Posts: 11

Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 am

Heya, so i've just started playing Warhammer Online and started as a DoK but i have no idea what i should build for best, any advices please ?

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 385

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 am

Bagietson wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 am
Heya, so i've just started playing Warhammer Online and started as a DoK but i have no idea what i should build for best, any advices please ?
If you wanna play as a healer (your supossed main role) stick to dark rites tree. what level have atm?

Bagietson
Posts: 11

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm

I'm a level 10 DoK,

emiliorv
Posts: 385

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#4 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm
I'm a level 10 DoK,
at level 10 you dont have any point to spend, not tactics....Train dark rites as soon as get mastery points. For RR points train %heal-crit and futile strikes (lower chance to get crits).
Use Wounds talismans on armor, try to get armor pots and willpower or toughnes pot.
And always use detaunt when a dps is focusing you. Until level 20 you dont have any grp heal, so use soul infusion as a hot and khanine´s invigoration as a quick heal. Restore essence is your worst heal, only use it as life saving. Remember to use your convenants (usually get truned off when you get the bolster buff, remember to turn on when enter rvr area).

At level 21 this spec is OK:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

Bagietson
Posts: 11

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#5 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm
Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm
I'm a level 10 DoK,
at level 10 you dont have any point to spend, not tactics....Train dark rites as soon as get mastery points. For RR points train %heal-crit and futile strikes (lower chance to get crits).
Use Wounds talismans on armor, try to get armor pots and willpower or toughnes pot.
And always use detaunt when a dps is focusing you. Until level 20 you dont have any grp heal, so use soul infusion as a hot and khanine´s invigoration as a quick heal. Restore essence is your worst heal, only use it as life saving. Remember to use your convenants (usually get truned off when you get the bolster buff, remember to turn on when enter rvr area).

At level 21 this spec is OK:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
You are all so helpful i already love this community, but In case of item drops where can i get anything better ? Because in merchants don't have any willpower, wounds or strenght on their armor/weapon. Also mounts would be nice since the beggining mount is moving really slowly around the map

emiliorv
Posts: 385

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 pm

Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm
emiliorv wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm
Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm
I'm a level 10 DoK,
at level 10 you dont have any point to spend, not tactics....Train dark rites as soon as get mastery points. For RR points train %heal-crit and futile strikes (lower chance to get crits).
Use Wounds talismans on armor, try to get armor pots and willpower or toughnes pot.
And always use detaunt when a dps is focusing you. Until level 20 you dont have any grp heal, so use soul infusion as a hot and khanine´s invigoration as a quick heal. Restore essence is your worst heal, only use it as life saving. Remember to use your convenants (usually get truned off when you get the bolster buff, remember to turn on when enter rvr area).

At level 21 this spec is OK:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
You are all so helpful i already love this community, but In case of item drops where can i get anything better ? Because in merchants don't have any willpower, wounds or strenght on their armor/weapon
Go to nordland Open RvR zone => check the war report (icon at your minimap) and port to nordland. That rvr zone is the smaller from the 3 rvr zones of tier 1.
In the warcamp are some renown vendors who sell armor/weapons => you need some RR level to use it, but in less 1h of rvr you will get the RR needed for that. The best rvr armor is bought with medallions (gained in open rvr) and weapons with emblems (gained in scenarios-like battegrounds) => go first to rvr and get some RR, buy green armor from merchant as you can use it. then try to get medallions to get the set (chest and boots).
For talismans you need to get from auction house in invitable city => at wc you have a flight master and can go to city. Look for auction house. also you can ask in chat (general/trade/advice) for any veterans to spare some low level medallions => what is your character name in game?? i will send you some talis/items/gold to help you.

After you get the basic gear and get used to heal in rvr you can try to make some scenarios (better if you find a grp or some friends to queue with), if you queue alone make sure to join only the PUG scenario (actually nordenwatch).

regarding mounts => only after level 16 you can get better mount.

emiliorv
Posts: 385

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#7 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Also, very important....check the addons section and find addons to use => try Viny UI and see if you are comfortable with it...If dont back to your default UI and start to get some addons and to build your own UI...For sure, chage the deafult UI for a better UI is really huge upgrade....mostly in case of healers...

Check the addon forum and see the UI thatppl are using:
viewforum.php?f=66

User avatar
empmoz
Posts: 59

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Your main stats are wounds, willpower and initiative. You also get a passive armor boost ability at lvl 14, so don't forget to turn that on. Use a chalice + sword, shield or dual wield isnt very good unless you are a frontline fighter, which isn't viable at low levels for dok.

Ads
Bagietson
Posts: 11

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#9 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 pm
Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm
emiliorv wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 pm


at level 10 you dont have any point to spend, not tactics....Train dark rites as soon as get mastery points. For RR points train %heal-crit and futile strikes (lower chance to get crits).
Use Wounds talismans on armor, try to get armor pots and willpower or toughnes pot.
And always use detaunt when a dps is focusing you. Until level 20 you dont have any grp heal, so use soul infusion as a hot and khanine´s invigoration as a quick heal. Restore essence is your worst heal, only use it as life saving. Remember to use your convenants (usually get truned off when you get the bolster buff, remember to turn on when enter rvr area).

At level 21 this spec is OK:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
You are all so helpful i already love this community, but In case of item drops where can i get anything better ? Because in merchants don't have any willpower, wounds or strenght on their armor/weapon
Go to nordland Open RvR zone => check the war report (icon at your minimap) and port to nordland. That rvr zone is the smaller from the 3 rvr zones of tier 1.
In the warcamp are some renown vendors who sell armor/weapons => you need some RR level to use it, but in less 1h of rvr you will get the RR needed for that. The best rvr armor is bought with medallions (gained in open rvr) and weapons with emblems (gained in scenarios-like battegrounds) => go first to rvr and get some RR, buy green armor from merchant as you can use it. then try to get medallions to get the set (chest and boots).
For talismans you need to get from auction house in invitable city => at wc you have a flight master and can go to city. Look for auction house. also you can ask in chat (general/trade/advice) for any veterans to spare some low level medallions => what is your character name in game?? i will send you some talis/items/gold to help you.

After you get the basic gear and get used to heal in rvr you can try to make some scenarios (better if you find a grp or some friends to queue with), if you queue alone make sure to join only the PUG scenario (actually nordenwatch).

regarding mounts => only after level 16 you can get better mount.
My name is Bagietron, i think i'm on tier II but i have no idea how to get to the invitable city, i have problems with like 3 high elf minions or like a smaller group of monsters that are 3-4 levels below me and it says efortless or easy so i thought i could deal with that but now i don't have aoe skills on DoK i don't even know if he has any tbh

emiliorv
Posts: 385

Re: Any DoK build advices for a begginer ?

Post#10 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 am

Spoiler:
Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm
emiliorv wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 pm
Bagietson wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 pm

You are all so helpful i already love this community, but In case of item drops where can i get anything better ? Because in merchants don't have any willpower, wounds or strenght on their armor/weapon
Go to nordland Open RvR zone => check the war report (icon at your minimap) and port to nordland. That rvr zone is the smaller from the 3 rvr zones of tier 1.
In the warcamp are some renown vendors who sell armor/weapons => you need some RR level to use it, but in less 1h of rvr you will get the RR needed for that. The best rvr armor is bought with medallions (gained in open rvr) and weapons with emblems (gained in scenarios-like battegrounds) => go first to rvr and get some RR, buy green armor from merchant as you can use it. then try to get medallions to get the set (chest and boots).
For talismans you need to get from auction house in invitable city => at wc you have a flight master and can go to city. Look for auction house. also you can ask in chat (general/trade/advice) for any veterans to spare some low level medallions => what is your character name in game?? i will send you some talis/items/gold to help you.

After you get the basic gear and get used to heal in rvr you can try to make some scenarios (better if you find a grp or some friends to queue with), if you queue alone make sure to join only the PUG scenario (actually nordenwatch).

regarding mounts => only after level 16 you can get better mount.
My name is Bagietron, i think i'm on tier II but i have no idea how to get to the invitable city, i have problems with like 3 high elf minions or like a smaller group of monsters that are 3-4 levels below me and it says efortless or easy so i thought i could deal with that but now i don't have aoe skills on DoK i don't even know if he has any tbh
Tier 2 is for level 16+ for pvp/rvr. for PvE its level 11+....but if you are doing only pve is better to stop and start pvp/rvr only, its not a good idea to have your level higher that your RR...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests