Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorcerer]-insane fun

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Borek

[Sorcerer]-insane fun

Post#1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:54 pm

17 hrs and 2851 kills, sadly capped T1, good lord i never enjoyed something that much in my life (sorry ex-GF's but you know it's true lul)...

So good i just had to delete another of my Order gimps so i could replace with another Sorceress.

I know all the hype is for BW's on the "other" side and i can't say what this class will be like geared and max level, but it's hilarious in T1 for sure and for anyone with even remotely competent positioning skills it's literally a warband wrecker at times.

I even forgot to spend any renown on my 1st one so sacrificed some dps...

Any experienced Sorcs able to give some perspective for 40/40 play and some suggested builds? It's Proving difficult to decide what skills to base my build on atm as i am still low and lacking many of the skills and abilities, i think i want to focus on AoE more than single target, but i can't really decide if i should avoid the Calamity line or not, the Chillwind Debuff tactic seems really useful, but with cleanses and people having strong disrupt totals on many classes at end game is it worth going that route when it's only single target? Plus of course it's tactic which means 1 less for something else potentially more useful...

This is what i came up with for an initial build attempt, would appreciate some feedback.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5429,5399

Ads
Mikler

Re: [Sorcerer]-insane fun

Post#2 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am

I agree Sorc is great fun!

In terms of builds, I would use different builds in certain circumstances. The single target build is best for scenarios/roaming, and the AoE build is best for running with warbands or city instances. Ice Spikes is key for both!

Single-target build at RR 40:

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Single-target build at RR 70:

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

This build works well because the Spirit Resistance debuff from the Shadow of Disaster tactic will make your spirit damage abilities hit a lot harder. If the rotation is timed correctly with Chillwind > WoP > Arctic Blast > Gloomburst > Hand of Ruin or Impending Doom, a squishy target could drop almost instantly. To takedown a healer, use Stricken Voices somewhere in the rotation. Also, Ice Spikes is very important to use frequently (can be used as a cleanse buffer, plus has very high damage output with Chilling Gusts). If you aren’t 40, I would start off going into Calamity and getting tactic 3.

AoE build at RR 40:

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

AoE build at RR 70:

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

The AoE build is trickier in that there isn’t an exact rotation, and the abilities you’ll use depend on the situation. Generally, I think it’s good to get Ice Spikes and Gloom of Night on your targets, although GoN less so (can be cleansed whereas Ice Spikes is applied to each target). It’s also best not to use Shattered Shadows in most cases and especially not on shield tanks (block) or healers (disrupt). If a tank blocks your Shattered Shadows or a healer disrupts it, it will not hit any targets. There is also a good chance the target will move out of your line of sight or range while using Shattered Shadows (I’m sure you dealt with this in T1). This is why I usually prioritize Ice Spikes and spam Pit of Shades and Infernal Wave in warband play, or Disastrous Cascade given the rare circumstance. You are guaranteed to at least hit some targets.

With both builds, you’ll always want to keep your Dark Magic at 100 of course, unless you are out of AP and want to use Reckless Gathering.

I hope you’ll find this helpful and happy hunting!
Defeldar
80+: Sorc, Magus, Choppa, DoK, Shaman, Zealot, Bright Wizard, White Lion, Slayer, Archmage, Warrior Priest
70+: Runepriest, Engineer, Squig Herder
60+: Witch Elf, Blackguard, Shadow Warrior

Borek

Post#3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 am

thanks for the reply, yeah there wasn't an immediately obvious option for AoE spec, i mean Destruction path obviously, but i couldn't decide whether to go with Calamity for the tactics since i already had a bunch picked out. Gloom of night does seem nice though and is another AoE to add to the mix so i think at least some in that tree is probably worth it.

Lots to think about :D

Atum

Post#4 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:19 am

Hi,

sorry noob question- how can i see the used rr-skills when i click on the link for the build?

Grock

Post#5 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:33 am

Mikler wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am I agree Sorc is great fun!

In terms of builds, I would use different builds in certain circumstances. The single target build is best for scenarios/roaming, and the AoE build is best for running with warbands or city instances. Ice Spikes is key for both!

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

This build works well because the Spirit Resistance debuff from the Shadow of Disaster tactic will make your spirit damage abilities hit a lot harder. If the rotation is timed correctly with Chillwind > WoP > Arctic Blast > Gloomburst > Hand of Ruin or Impending Doom, a squishy target could drop almost instantly. To takedown a healer, use Stricken Voices somewhere in the rotation. Also, Ice Spikes is very important to use frequently (can be used as a cleanse buffer, plus has very high damage output with Chilling Gusts). If you aren’t 40, I would start off going into Calamity and getting tactic 3.
Why Chilling Gusts instead of Swell of Gloom though?

btw if you have both HoR and ID i suppose you can wait for second tick of HoR and interrupt it with ID for a bit extra punch to secure a kill if the target survived the original burst
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Atum

Post#6 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:46 am

i am playing BW and the skills are the same, therefor my question about the rotation here:

1) we dont use doomcast in the rota? so instead we are using the 2s spell arctic blast?
2) we want to hit with spells just in time as WoP ends, right? as WoP has 10sec before it does its damage, we need 2x Gloomburst in the rota, or? Or do i use the rota as it is written and after gloomburst i just channel Hand of Ruin until WoP's 10s are gone? I mean, the idea is to do a spike-dmg

Mikler

Post#7 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 pm

Atum wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:19 am Hi,

sorry noob question- how can i see the used rr-skills when i click on the link for the build?
There isn't a way to see the RR skills through that link, but I like to go full magic crit (Focused Power) and then invest the rest into Futile Strikes.
Defeldar
80+: Sorc, Magus, Choppa, DoK, Shaman, Zealot, Bright Wizard, White Lion, Slayer, Archmage, Warrior Priest

Mikler

Post#8 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:33 am
Mikler wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am I agree Sorc is great fun!

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Why Chilling Gusts instead of Swell of Gloom though?

btw if you have both HoR and ID i suppose you can wait for second tick of HoR and interrupt it with ID for a bit extra punch to secure a kill if the target survived the original burst
I've tried Swell of Gloom. You could use it, but it's very painful in terms of backlash. It would be better if it could crit (then again neither can Chilling Gusts or any tactic). Getting Swell of Gloom would also mean you couldn't get Absorb Vitality, which can act as a nice little DoT/HoT to counteract backlashes.

And your suggestion to use ID after the second tick of HoR is a good idea.
Defeldar

Ads
Mikler

Post#9 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Atum wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:46 am i am playing BW and the skills are the same, therefor my question about the rotation here:

1) we dont use doomcast in the rota? so instead we are using the 2s spell arctic blast?
2) we want to hit with spells just in time as WoP ends, right? as WoP has 10sec before it does its damage, we need 2x Gloomburst in the rota, or? Or do i use the rota as it is written and after gloomburst i just channel Hand of Ruin until WoP's 10s are gone? I mean, the idea is to do a spike-dmg
You could use Doombolt; I prefer not to for a few reasons. Arctic Blast is less cast time, meaning less chance of LoS or going out or your range, or being setback by melee. It also does spirit damage which goes nice with the spirit debuff from the Shadow of Disaster tactic. Doombolt does corporeal damage. The added snare is also always helpful.

And for WoP, if you have the third tactic up in Calamity (Vision of Domination) the duration until WoP explodes is reduced to 5 seconds while the damage is increased, as opposed to the normal 10 seconds. BWs can take this tactic as well. This would allow you to potentially hit the target with a tick of Chillwind, WoP, Arctic Blast, Gloomburst, and Impending Doom in the same second or perhaps the next second, but you do need the Vision of Domination tactic to make this work.
Defeldar

Borek

Post#10 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:38 pm

I have been using WoP more for the willpower debuff than the damage tbh, in T1 it seems to help me land more spells w/o disrupts if i can stick it on an extending tank. I mean it's not like i'm gonna be killing them usually, but it's a nice way to build dark magic levels and if i drop AOE on them and they run back whilst i am casting they often walk into range of squishies when it's finished casting and it get to do like 6k damage to a ball of nubs, so disrupts on the tank are annoying as the AE doesn't trigger on anyone else :P

I'm finding i have 2 goals when nuking peeps, forcing them to move out of range as they are being targeted and therefore helping my WB to push more, or actually killing people, and doing the former helps the latter as it keeps my DM high/max. Real battle is the positioning, i been alternating DoK and Sorc over the last few days and some Sorcs just stand in range and expect to get healed whilst being forcused by enemies, extremely annoying...i try not to be that Sorc when i play mine, with so-so success haha