Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Proc Questions (Covenants & CoK)

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
malorn

[DoK] Proc Questions (Covenants & CoK)

Post#1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 pm

Hello, I'm new back to this game after not having played it since retail launch, and enjoying it so far! I had a few questions that I wasn't able to find answers through a few minutes of searching web or forums, and hoping some folks here might know them.

Covenant Procs for CoC and CoV

1) Are these procs normalized into a procs-per-minute rate, or based purely on weapon hits? For Example, do you get more procs for dual wielding vs 1h + chalice or the same?

2) Are there any internal cooldowns between procs?

3) Does Khaine's blessing cause more Covenant procs?

4) Can covenants or Curse of Khaine proc off dot ticks?

5) Does Curse of Khaine have an internal cooldown or a PPM mechanic, or does it always trigger on every crit?

6) Can proc damage crit, or trigger other procs?

Thanks, and sorry if this was posted somewhere before.

Ads
enzoneon

Re: [DoK] Proc Questions (Covenants & CoK)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:01 am

To add to your questions:

7) how are this procs scaling with STR?

Vayra

Post#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:30 am

1) More hits == more procs.
2) There might be a small (1-2s) internal cooldown per target, but I'm not 100% sure.
3) more hits == more procs.
4) No, procs cannot proc anything.
5) Triggers on every crit, same with Khaine's Blessing.
6) No, and no.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Zxul

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm

enzoneon wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:01 am To add to your questions:

They don't, however they also ignore toughness.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

enzoneon

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm

So they are scaling only with attack speed?

Vayra

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

enzoneon wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:29 pm

He's saying proc damage only scales with level. So the deeper you spec into the tree, the more damage it does per hit. How often it procs is fixed (20% chance, 35% with tactic).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

enzoneon

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Vayra wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

He's saying proc damage only scales with level. So the deeper you spec into the tree, the more damage it does per hit. How often it procs is fixed (20% chance, 35% with tactic).
This is the covenant proc. And what about the others listed in the original post? If their damage doesn't scale with gear aren't they irrelevant at some point? If true how fast is this point reached?

Vayra

Post#8 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:52 pm

enzoneon wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:37 pm
Vayra wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm
This is the covenant proc. And what about the others listed in the original post? If their damage doesn't scale with gear aren't they irrelevant at some point? If true how fast is this point reached?
He only listed covenants for damaging proc. Weapon procs are fixed and don't scale at all. Other procs like Khaine's Imbuement are like covenants and only scale with level.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
malorn

Post#9 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:16 am

Vayra wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:30 am 1) More hits == more procs.
2) There might be a small (1-2s) internal cooldown per target, but I'm not 100% sure.
3) more hits == more procs.
4) No, procs cannot proc anything.
5) Triggers on every crit, same with Khaine's Blessing.
6) No, and no.
TY! I did some of my own simple and very rough testing just to see if some simple empirical data would hold and with covenant procs on DK and blessing procs on a warrior priest. For warrior priest, auto attack a dummy with a 2h I saw as few as 3 procs in a minute and at most 6. When I switched to 1h spamming abilities I got as high as 11. A DK with Khaine's Embrace and spamming cleave I got reliably 17, but it was a lowbie with not high crit so that probably scales up a lot more. When I just auto attacked with KB I got as many as 11, while DW w/ abilities varied but went as high as 16. I also equipped two equal speed swords and just auto-attacked to see if I ever got a double proc (indicating that both weapons proc'd). I ended up seeing a back-to-back double proc, so I had 4 straight hits that all proc'd, which seemed conclusive that the offhand hits also proc the covenant.

I saw as many as 4 consecutive hits, so and overall it was rather spiky, so it doesn't appear to be any internal cooldowns, or normalization. All of that explained just by RNG. This is really bad for warrior priests, especially with DKs having the extra 15% proc rate tactic. Dual wielding is far superior to 2h for getting procs from covenant/blessings. Even a 1h hammer was better.

And some thoughts on it... I admit I'm a little disappointed. It's so obvious that the two would be mismatched on that aspect that normalization should be a given....but...nope! They did really rush WAR out the door, was probably a low priority to address, if they even realized this was how it worked. I suppose it might have been intentional but it's just so very lopsided with the tactic that its hard to believe and rushed release + overlooked discrepancy seems more plausible to me. With CoV, due to higher proc rate it is providing both more damage and more healing than Prayer of Devotion. However, that's only for the WP/DK, all the teammates would get procs based on whatever they were using, so from a team-impact it's not that big, but individually it's quite significant.

Zxul

Post#10 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:19 am

Cov and dps prayer had ICD of 1 sec, for dok/wp and as far as I'm aware per target as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh