Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] Gearing Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fiaryn

[Blackguard] Gearing Advice

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:32 pm

So as someone closing in on 40, I'm looking for a bit of advice on what exactly I should be looking for in terms of gearing goals. I've seen the guides that articulate the basics of what armor set is from what RR bracket, what the PvE progression is like (Redeye->Sentinel->Bloodlord), but I also see a lot of competing information without much explanation. BG should use Sentinel, BG should use Oppressor, BG should be using Bloodlord and ignoring Sov/Alt Sov etc.

I was hoping someone might be able to weigh in on the math of the class, because at the moment it's a little overwhelming. Information like, what kind of benchmarks of Strength/Initiative/etc, what sort of talismans BG use, that kind of information that might make it easier to parse what gear I should be using on my own would be great.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: [Blackguard] Gearing Advice

Post#2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 pm

Sword and board or 2h?
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

CountTalabecland

Re: [Blackguard] Gearing Advice

Post#3 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:21 am

Well if you’re only at just about rank 40, then Ruin, red eye, and Beastlord are all PvE sets you can get without stepping into ORvR or being rr50 and you can make yourself tanky as hell with it.

You can also grab the winds impervious set for additional tankiness.

If you’re going to go 2h it gets more complicated. If you have a SnB, put toughness talis on until you have 800-900 with pots/buffs. Any spare tali slots are best used for wounds then. Renown points should be sunk in defensive/anti-crit abilities.

Probably be easier for ppl to give advice if you posted your build/stats.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.