Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Vanquisher Vs Onslaught

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
emiliorv
Suspended

[DOK] Vanquisher Vs Onslaught

Post#1 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Well, as title said...i want to know some feedback for DoKs who really used the 2 sets and wich one fells better.
(order players use mirrors)

My DoK atm is using Vanquisher, but regarding the procs i feel that really are a bit useless:
-10% chance to get 15 SE over 3 secs => really hard to notice like a proc that gives 5 SE/sec...sure it brings some help, but...
- 5% chance to reduce build times by 25% => well castimes are 1 sec to grp heal and 0.5 secs for Khaine´s invigoration => really hard to notice a 25% reduction with this short castimes, and anyways global cooldown is 1 sec so you if you want to chain groupheals you must wait 1 sec...

Onslaugh in paper is a lower tier set but (forget the stat/armor diferences):
-10% chance to get 45 SE over 3 secs => same proc that vanquisher but x3 increase
-No reduce cast times => anyways useless to DoK

Could some DoK who tsted the 2 sets bring some real feedback about this?? is really noticeable the x3 SE proc??

NOTE: Regarding Vanquisher set for other healers => Shaman and zealot get a really nice reduction for cast time:
-Grp heal => goes from 2.5 secs to 1.8 secs = 0.7 secs reduction
-ST great heal => goes from 2 secs to 1.5 = 0.5 secs reduction
For sure is not gamebreaking (5% chance to proc) but at least is a noticeable help when chain heals...but totally useless for DoK.

(order players use mirrors)

Ads
R3xz

Re: [DOK] Vanquisher Vs Onslaught

Post#2 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:29 pm

I've recieved feedbacks from experienced doks noting that Onslaught is either equal to or at times even better than vanq/invader. Some even went on to skip using the invader set and went from Onslaught straight into Sov. I'm still missing two pieces from a complete set but I hope to get it done soon so I can confirm their assestment.

What I was told is that I will hardly ever have SE issue with the set, since DoK does a crazy amount of aoe heals. Combine that with Fueled Action tactic, pillage essence and essence lash, you'd only use Blood Offering on the toughest of fights.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:24 pm

R3xz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:29 pm I've recieved feedbacks from experienced doks noting that Onslaught is either equal to or at times even better than vanq/invader. Some even went on to skip using the invader set and went from Onslaught straight into Sov. I'm still missing two pieces from a complete set but I hope to get it done soon so I can confirm their assestment.

What I was told is that I will hardly ever have SE issue with the set, since DoK does a crazy amount of aoe heals. Combine that with Fueled Action tactic, pillage essence and essence lash, you'd only use Blood Offering on the toughest of fights.
Thx for info. Vanq procs seems like a bit useless for DoK (or at least not noticeable), just the opposite that for others healers.

crazyturkme

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:44 am

Ons gear is a must for dok. My alt dok is rr70 with ons vanq invader sets but i use 4 ons / 2vanq (chest belt for crit reduce).

Without ons dok is not playable. Both in pve pvp i never use essence gain ability. When i wear invader i had to stop and push that damn soul essence ability.

Long to short when u wear 4 piece ons you start having fun. Otherwise its trash until sov.
Never give up ! Get up and fight ! Only you can save the World !

Twyxx

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:48 am

Onslaught is a good alternative to vanquisher and is especially great if you have resource management issues. However, before sovereign gear I preferred invader for the proc on the last set bonus.

jtj5002

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:10 am

Onslaught can be good for people with resource management issues or doks with more of a backline playing style. I know some WP are pretty successful with it. I prefer to go as tanky as possible and run fueled actions. It will give you more than enough souls. I suggest just wait for invaders as armor talis are quite expensive for temporary gears.
Once you get 7 pc invader/2 pc Sov, you can either go full sov if you like the onslaught proc or 5 pc sov with ranked chest/belt/boots for 4% crit reduction/2% heal crit.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 am

Spoiler:
jtj5002 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:10 am Onslaught can be good for people with resource management issues or doks with more of a backline playing style. I know some WP are pretty successful with it. I prefer to go as tanky as possible and run fueled actions. It will give you more than enough souls. I suggest just wait for invaders as armor talis are quite expensive for temporary gears.
Once you get 7 pc invader/2 pc Sov, you can either go full sov if you like the onslaught proc or 5 pc sov with ranked chest/belt/boots for 4% crit reduction/2% heal crit.
Not sure how hard is to get full Onslaught, i will try if see some Ch22 going up...for temp sets i use wounds talis instead of armor (less mitigation but close to +2k hp is not bad).
Im having some SE issues under high pressure, for sure im not a pro player and still much L2P issues. I try to stay at mid range to spam SL but (again L2P) some bad positioning and sometimes get focussed/killed....So, im looking if changing to Ons could be more "permisive" to errors while improve my gameplay.

Atm im running this build:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

In some situations change M2 to siphon and M3 to stagger
In some situations change Terrifing aura to Fueled actions: in keep/fort siege where Terrifing aura really its close to useless

But in normal gameplay (mostly ORVR) really not sure what tactic drop to slot fueled actions:
-Efficient patching: is a must have
-K.Bounty+Terryfing aura: life savers
-Discipline: boost like +10% healing output

Zxul

Post#8 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 am -Efficient patching: is a must have
Speaking of- from personal experience Efficient Patching in rvr is pretty overrated.

What Efficient Patching will realistically remove in rvr most of the time is engi's Acid Bomb. Problem is:
-most of its effect is corp debuff, and in any given time each team member is likely to have a few more of those running on him since order really likes playing engies, and since engies really like to spam it- so the debuff stays.
-since engies like to spam it, same engi is very likely to renew it on target in a short while anyway- while same engi couldn't have more then 1 Acid Bomb running on target as it is.

So all in all you end up wasting SE and GCD, while removing a little fluff dmg if any.

The picture might be different in scs, but I don't do those.

Efficient Patching was lot more useful back on live, where bws were mostly speccing single target and not aoe, making it worth it cleansing on CD.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Vayra

Post#9 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:10 am

Efficient patching is still pretty useful in RvR imo as it will on most casts remove at least 1 dot from someone in your group. Doesn't matter if it takes a stacked debuff off a few people, it's still good value if it hits 1 or more dots.

I normally wouldn't run Fueled Actions myself, my normal setup is Discipline, KB, TA and either Efficient Patching, Restored Motivation or Bound by Blood depending on if I want to boost my group or focus on my own survivability. Mostly EP unless I'm running with my guild who are AP-hungry bastards and no zealot for ritual.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 am

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am
emiliorv wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 am -Efficient patching: is a must have
Speaking of- from personal experience Efficient Patching in rvr is pretty overrated.

What Efficient Patching will realistically remove in rvr most of the time is engi's Acid Bomb. Problem is:
-most of its effect is corp debuff, and in any given time each team member is likely to have a few more of those running on him since order really likes playing engies, and since engies really like to spam it- so the debuff stays.
-since engies like to spam it, same engi is very likely to renew it on target in a short while anyway- while same engi couldn't have more then 1 Acid Bomb running on target as it is.

So all in all you end up wasting SE and GCD, while removing a little fluff dmg if any.

The picture might be different in scs, but I don't do those.

Efficient Patching was lot more useful back on live, where bws were mostly speccing single target and not aoe, making it worth it cleansing on CD.
Thx for info, really usefull.
Im trying to get my grp fully cleansed always, but when real damage comes cleanse goes to second line priority, and when i see a huge debuff (mostly shatter limbs) is deep behind much others and really cant cleanse in time.....but feel like im dropping a (potentially) good tool if i drop this tactic...maybe its a psicologic thing...