Recent Topics

Ads

SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aceboltz

Re: SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Post#31 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 am

I was talking about the dps classes that are actually good/useful in warband, group play and endgame.

Ads
StrongUn

Post#32 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:45 am

Aceboltz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 am I was talking about the dps classes that are actually good/useful in warband, group play and endgame.
DD Shamman can also be played as healer, so it can be super good and usefull for warbands

reistahlen

Post#33 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Sooooo... Are we actually saying that:
- As stated in the other topic, Magus is becoming subpar.
- In this thread, Sorc has also a hard time.
- And no need to speak about ranged SH.

So the only viable ranged DPS for Destruction is the Shaman?

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 pm

reistahlen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:08 pm Sooooo... Are we actually saying that:
- As stated in the other topic, Magus is becoming subpar.
- In this thread, Sorc has also a hard time.
- And no need to speak about ranged SH.

So the only viable ranged DPS for Destruction is the Shaman?
Its not viable. Ranged struggle at end game as melee train is much stronger. Sorc is best bet as they do have good burst and a good aoe spec for city.

xruptor

Post#35 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:21 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:07 pm unfortunately sorc is the bad copy of BW atm: you got no healdebuff and most your ST spells got cooldown (apart 3 sec cast doombolt but good luck using it)
Really? I thought they were supposed to be very similar. I played both and they seem like it, but maybe it's the higher up spells that I don't have access to that sets them apart. Can anyone list what makes a BW more superior than a Sorc? Like the spells mirrors and differences? I could have sworn BW had cooldown on their spells, but I'd have to go back and check. I'm currently leveling up a Sorc and I'm just curious to understand what the major differences are between the two classes.

Naelar

Post#36 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:23 pm

The above mentioned heal debuff is a big one. BW also get a cleanse, while sorcerer doesn't.

notre

Post#37 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:53 pm

xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:21 pm Really? I thought they were supposed to be very similar. I played both and they seem like it, but maybe it's the higher up spells that I don't have access to that sets them apart. Can anyone list what makes a BW more superior than a Sorc? Like the spells mirrors and differences? I could have sworn BW had cooldown on their spells, but I'd have to go back and check. I'm currently leveling up a Sorc and I'm just curious to understand what the major differences are between the two classes.
BW can do AoE on the walk Sorc can't, almost all the skills are 3 sec cast or 6 sec channeled.

Habilities:
BW (ST) 13 point Fireball Barrage ("free" AoE wich hits around 900/1k, 13 sec cooldown, built in the rotation )
Sorc (ST)13 point Shades of death (still ST, just around 700 damage in total, 5 sec cooldown, useless in the rotation for ST unless you are in party)

BW core Cauterize (removes EVERY dot, hex, curse aillment; 10 sec cooldown, gives HIGH survival)
Sorc core Shround of Darkness (gives 378 resis for 20 sec, 60 sec cooldown, one time use on fights)

BW Stop,Drop & roll (ranged KD)
Sorc Absorb vitality (a little self healdepending on the damage done)

BW Playing with fire (Heal debuff, instant, 30 sec cooldown)
Sorc Gloom of night (Aoe, 3 sec cast, 10 sec cooldown)

Tactics:
BW Flasfire (almost instant fireball)
Sorc Maniac Obsession (reduces cooldown on that skill)

There are more, but for me those make a huge difference.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

xruptor

Post#38 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm

notre wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:53 pm
xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:21 pm Really? I thought they were supposed to be very similar. I played both and they seem like it, but maybe it's the higher up spells that I don't have access to that sets them apart. Can anyone list what makes a BW more superior than a Sorc? Like the spells mirrors and differences? I could have sworn BW had cooldown on their spells, but I'd have to go back and check. I'm currently leveling up a Sorc and I'm just curious to understand what the major differences are between the two classes.
BW can do AoE on the walk Sorc can't, almost all the skills are 3 sec cast or 6 sec channeled.

Habilities:
BW (ST) 13 point Fireball Barrage ("free" AoE wich hits around 900/1k, 13 sec cooldown, built in the rotation )
Sorc (ST)13 point Shades of death (still ST, just around 700 damage in total, 5 sec cooldown, useless in the rotation for ST unless you are in party)

BW core Cauterize (removes EVERY dot, hex, curse aillment; 10 sec cooldown, gives HIGH survival)
Sorc core Shround of Darkness (gives 378 resis for 20 sec, 60 sec cooldown, one time use on fights)

BW Stop,Drop & roll (ranged KD)
Sorc Absorb vitality (a little self healdepending on the damage done)

BW Playing with fire (Heal debuff, instant, 30 sec cooldown)
Sorc Gloom of night (Aoe, 3 sec cast, 10 sec cooldown)

Tactics:
BW Flasfire (almost instant fireball)
Sorc Maniac Obsession (reduces cooldown on that skill)

There are more, but for me those make a huge difference.
WOWzers.... That's just ludicrous looking at that list. I didn't think it was THAT BAD. I was doing fine on the Sorc and figured I had somewhat the same advantage and yet different skills as a BW, but didn't think the differences were this vastly inferior to the BW. That means that Sorc is close to complete trash next to it's counterpart. I supposed they wanted the Sorc to be more Single-target but it completely fell flat compared to the BW.

I wouldn't want the two classes to be EXACT mirrors, that would be boring as hell. But I'd figure the Sorc toolset would at least compliment or be somewhat on par with what the BW has to offer, while having different abilities from each other. I suppose it's an odd sort of system to balance out.

Does that mean the Sorc is good at anything then? This seems like a huge oversight by the original devs of the game. With the long casting timers according to your list on the Sorc side I don't know what they were thinking. What a complete shame. Although it's technically an Alt I was having fun on him, oh well, I suppose I'll just never be on par with a BW higher up.
Last edited by xruptor on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#39 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Sorc was better ST before whiiiine gave BWs a VoD mirror (AOR).

Obsession nerf (AOR) and now in IW cooldown nerf (ROR). To be fair Sorc gained the damage morale which was dissapointing by itself (mirroring).

GoN used to proc afaik back in the days (Slayer ID mirror). EoP 5s cd nerf (WHs cry) and lifetap nerf (could have multiple ticking) killed solo play.

Biggest difference tho is order having more anti kite == RIP sorc

Wb play: sorc still ok (aka 1.. 2 ... aoe on my spot)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

xruptor

Post#40 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Bozzax wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:36 pm Sorc was better ST before whiiiine gave BWs a VoP mirror (AOR).

Obsession nerf (AOR) and now in IW cooldown nerf (ROR). To be fair Sorc gained the damage morale which was dissapointing by itself (mirroring).

GoN used to proc afaik back in the days (Slayer ID mirror). EoP 5s cd nerf (WHs cry) and lifetap nerf (could have multiple ticking) killed solo play.

Biggest difference tho is order having more anti kite == RIP sorc

Wb play: sorc still ok
VoP mirror? Not sure what you mean.

Thanks for the responses though, kinda sheds a light at the current state of Sorc vs BW. Doesn't exactly make me feel any better, but it does kinda hamper the fact that Sorc seems at least on paper inferior to BW. That isn't to say I'm sure a really good Sorc player can do very well.