Recent Topics

Ads

SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
raistomen

SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:36 pm

1. Deleting some classes, healers tend to be a lot harder because of wisdom...and that leaves me with not many targets other than non tank DPS. SHould i focus DPS first then since I am doing magic damage?
2. If white lion gets on me , I am dead. Considering they have leap, I am dead. Leap AND knockdown, oh you better believe I am dead. Root only lasts so long, disarm, best I can do is the detaunt. how can I not evaporate in front of the 500 white lions in every sc.

Ads
Esmeralda

Re: SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:38 pm

raistomen wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:36 pm how can I not evaporate in front of the 500 white lions in every sc.
you can't, embrace your fate

TreefAM

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:41 pm

get a tank to guard you, if you are just quing up solo, tell other dps that you will be assisting on them, if you're not using swift assist, make a macro /assist name and melt the same targets they are attacking.
Generally you shouldn't be able to kill healers solo, but if you pay attention to their hp and your silence you might be able to burst them down.
don't bother with the root, when you see a wl moving towards you, be ready to dissarm them asap, they're pretty obvious when they're getting ready to pounce.
Also what build are you playing with, don't bother with aoe nonsense in scs.

raistomen

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:50 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:41 pm get a tank to guard you, if you are just quing up solo, tell other dps that you will be assisting on them, if you're not using swift assist, make a macro /assist name and melt the same targets they are attacking.
Generally you shouldn't be able to kill healers solo, but if you pay attention to their hp and your silence you might be able to burst them down.
don't bother with the root, when you see a wl moving towards you, be ready to dissarm them asap, they're pretty obvious when they're getting ready to pounce.
Also what build are you playing with, don't bother with aoe nonsense in scs.
i feel like we are last on the guard list, with mele dps being first and healers second.

do WL do like , some big animation when the yare about to pounce? I just asssume if they are getting close its about to happen, but even then thteir leion can pounce/KD me.

I am using the single target spec with the spirit resist debuff.

TreefAM

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Healers should only guarded if they're under pressure.
And to your question, no, but you see them shuffling at the edge of a fight waiting for a chance to jump, bad wls just yolo jump and get melted, so if they have a wl, mark him and keep an eye on that pounce.

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:07 pm

unfortunately sorc is the bad copy of BW atm: you got no healdebuff and most your ST spells got cooldown (apart 3 sec cast doombolt but good luck using it)

2. If white lion gets on me , I am dead. Considering they have leap, I am dead. Leap AND knockdown, oh you better believe I am dead. Root only lasts so long, disarm, best I can do is the detaunt. how can I not evaporate in front of the 500 white lions in every sc.

this will always happen no matter your gear. Once a melee target you, you are dead meat indipendently of guard and / or punt. one solution i found is using scenario gear (which gives s more survivability compared to rvr one) and socket some int and thoughness. with this setup i can tank him a little longer while i hope a healer turn on me and start spam healing.
Sorc dies even with 2 guards on due to the high WL burst and low defense we got,. On the other side our backlash damage is not mitigable nor absorbable so you basically kill yourself while a WL target you. Try using Armor /wounds poitions. unfortunately there is not much more you can do. WL just counter you. simple fact.

Tabelrel

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:29 pm

With the White Lion , just don't feel bad about it, there is nothing you are most probably doing wrong just accept 6/7 out of 10 you are going to die especially to a White Lion with a pet and you get knocked down. You can be in full sovereign and still die to a lesser geared WL. With a WL you need to control the fight and stay well out of pounce range, and hopefully not become their easy target. If you do become their target then if you have time and have even noticed that fact then maybe you get the chance to de-taunt the pet/disarm the WL, dot them up, hopefully a tank or healer has become aware you need help then maybe you have a chance to use some of your direct damage spells or flee. That's a lot of maybe's and perfect co-ordination on your part to survive of course. Its just the way and the offset to the fact that normally you get to stand in the battlefield and melt everything else :)
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Naelar

Post#8 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Doesn't seem like you're doing much wrong at all. You will have trouble killing healers 1v1, and WL are going to shred you if they get on you. It comes with being a sorcerer.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#9 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Naelar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:24 pm Doesn't seem like you're doing much wrong at all. You will have trouble killing healers 1v1, and WL are going to shred you if they get on you. It comes with being a sorcerer.
to simplify further the sentence: Trash class play it only in warband with friends aoe specced or stay away from it. (hope being clear 8-) :roll: )

Starx

Post#10 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 am

If you get the detaunt off before you get KD'ed and you are running at least cheap 1500 double pots you shouldnt die to a whitelion unless you healers are nonexistant or terrible, in which case it doesn't really matter what class you are on or against you are gonna die.

White lion doesn't have healdebuff, it just a class that excels at punishing shitty pug groups which is why its such a bogeyman. BW/Sorc are up there as well as classes that i'd consider pug stompers.