Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] PvE shield spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vayra

Re: [DOK] PvE shield spec

Post#11 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 am

For BB/BE if I don't need group cleanse (usually have another DoK healer in my group) I run:

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

I usually run 6/7p Bloodlord, I spec renown almost entirely on mcrit/str with a few points in wounds/ws. You pretty much require a guard on non-boss pulls due to the extreme aggro you get from aoe damage + healing. On boss pulls a dps can take guard instead.
dalen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am Also Drowning in Blood requires dual wield, so no point in taking that skill in shield spec.
Is it possible to remove the dual wield/shield requirement for abilities? The patch notes a while back mentioned wanting us to spec more offensive to increase healing output (when you changed TE healing values). A good way of encouraging that would be to let us play sacrifice with dual wield for more damage (and thus more healing) or with shield for more defense (and less damage/healing), and likewise play Torture with dual wield for max damage, or a shield for a bit of defense.

Also, Rend Soul needs looking at, it deals way too little damage. It's supposed to be a single target burst heal, but each tick of healing is about the same or less than a non-crit TE hit. On live RS would heal for 1500-2k a tick on crits in PvE.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 am For BB/BE if I don't need group cleanse (usually have another DoK healer in my group) I run:

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

I usually run 6/7p Bloodlord, I spec renown almost entirely on mcrit/str with a few points in wounds/ws. You pretty much require a guard on non-boss pulls due to the extreme aggro you get from aoe damage + healing. On boss pulls a dps can take guard instead.
dalen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am Also Drowning in Blood requires dual wield, so no point in taking that skill in shield spec.
Is it possible to remove the dual wield/shield requirement for abilities? The patch notes a while back mentioned wanting us to spec more offensive to increase healing output (when you changed TE healing values). A good way of encouraging that would be to let us play sacrifice with dual wield for more damage (and thus more healing) or with shield for more defense (and less damage/healing), and likewise play Torture with dual wield for max damage, or a shield for a bit of defense.

Also, Rend Soul needs looking at, it deals way too little damage. It's supposed to be a single target burst heal, but each tick of healing is about the same or less than a non-crit TE hit. On live RS would heal for 1500-2k a tick on crits in PvE.
Thx for reply.
Regarding your build => why dont drop 1 point in torture and get the M4 of sacrifice?? i know that M4 is hard to fill but...
I assume you slot STR talismans?
Regarding gameplay => assume that soul ward is useless (or dont worth the +10% parry/dodge/disrupt)....blood of my blood is used frecuently to heal grp??

Thx in advance

Vayra

Post#13 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:16 pm Thx for reply.
Regarding your build => why dont drop 1 point in torture and get the M4 of sacrifice?? i know that M4 is hard to fill but...
Regarding gameplay => assume that soul ward is useless (or dont worth the +10% parry/dodge/disrupt)....blood of my blood is used frecuently to heal grp??

Thx in advance
Str talis, yeah. Running 7p bloodlord I have 825 str (+30 mp), 355 ws, 29% melee crit, 25.4% armor pen and +5% dmg from Bloodlord weapon unbuffed. If I use pots I use toughness + mcrit liniment usually.
Need to upgrade a few talismans to 23/24 from 19/20 which should give me ~15 more str.

For PvE I don't really need an M4, I wouldn't mind taking it, but honestly I'd use it so rarely that the extra damage on Cleave Soul/Lacerate/Flay from 1 more level is likely to provide more overall damage over a dungeon run.

I don't use blood of my blood either. My healing is entirely from CE/TE/DE. Blood of my blood might be useful, I've just never had a need to use it to heal. I don't even know if it is affected by DF/MI heal reduction.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ekundu01

Post#14 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Blood of my blood is only effected by points in the tree. You can't mitigate the damage it does but also healing is not diminished by your damage tactics. You can cancel it early with another skill or jumping, it also can be used on the move so in fights where you have to move but your group needs some heals it is nice.

As far a soul ward goes i always take that because some bosses do have ranged attacks that it will work on. Like the SH boss from left gunbad or the shaman from right i also think it works on the stick from right boss. The bonus defense is very nice for the group but also the instant root/snare immunity/break while using it can be a life saver. You also can cancel this early by jumping or using a skill if you don't want to waste a bunch of soul essence doing the full channel.

This is just my personal preference though.
Trismack

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:16 pm Thx for reply.

Thx in advance
Str talis, yeah. Running 7p bloodlord I have 825 str (+30 mp), 355 ws, 29% melee crit, 25.4% armor pen and +5% dmg from Bloodlord weapon unbuffed. If I use pots I use toughness + mcrit liniment usually.
Need to upgrade a few talismans to 23/24 from 19/20 which should give me ~15 more str.

For PvE I don't really need an M4, I wouldn't mind taking it, but honestly I'd use it so rarely that the extra damage on Cleave Soul/Lacerate/Flay from 1 more level is likely to provide more overall damage over a dungeon run.
I don't use blood of my blood either. My healing is entirely from CE/TE/DE. Blood of my blood might be useful, I've just never had a need to use it to heal. I don't even know if it is affected by DF/MI heal reduction.
Thx again.
Blood of my Blood must work like a lifetap for your own heath => so wont be affected by heal debuffs and also cant crit and dont grow up with stats.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm Blood of my blood is only effected by points in the tree. You can't mitigate the damage it does but also healing is not diminished by your damage tactics. You can cancel it early with another skill or jumping, it also can be used on the move so in fights where you have to move but your group needs some heals it is nice.

As far a soul ward goes i always take that because some bosses do have ranged attacks that it will work on. Like the SH boss from left gunbad or the shaman from right i also think it works on the stick from right boss. The bonus defense is very nice for the group but also the instant root/snare immunity/break while using it can be a life saver. You also can cancel this early by jumping or using a skill if you don't want to waste a bunch of soul essence doing the full channel.

This is just my personal preference though.
Thx for feedback.
Nice to know that soul ward could have some utility, was so strange that one ability too over on the mastery was totally useless. Maybe its more "usable" in pvp that pve but well, its only 1 point in the main tree of the spec.