[sorc]Melee solo roaming.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[sorc]Melee solo roaming.

Post#1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Out of curiosity, did anyone tried recently the sorc version of magus tank build?

Say something like this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5394,5401

Toughness based, epic quest or city staff with heal proc, Grasping Darkness to replace magus toughness tactic, Black Horror for init debuff, followed by Doombolt spam at melee range with CQ and Frozen Touch dmg proc/absorb triggering off 75% of them? Sorc even gets a free thorns dmg with Daemonic Chill on top.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [sorc]Melee solo roaming.

Post#2 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:56 pm Out of curiosity, did anyone tried recently the sorc version of magus tank build?

Say something like this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5394,5401

Toughness based, epic quest or city staff with heal proc, Grasping Darkness to replace magus toughness tactic, Black Horror for init debuff, followed by Doombolt spam at melee range with CQ and Frozen Touch dmg proc/absorb triggering off 75% of them? Sorc even gets a free thorns dmg with Daemonic Chill on top.
Tapping the dark tactic works on self procs?? => the tactic explanation talks of "allies procs"...

doxifera

Post#3 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 pm

In such a build you will die faster from backlash than from the enemy:)
Unless you merge it with Dhar Wind, but then there will be no damage.

Zxul

Post#4 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:21 pm Tapping the dark tactic works on self procs?? => the tactic explanation talks of "allies procs"...
As far as I'm aware yes.
doxifera wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 pm In such a build you will die faster from backlash than from the enemy:)
Unless you merge it with Dhar Wind, but then there will be no damage.
It doesn't takes that many Doombolts to the face to kill someone.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Foofmonger

Post#5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 pm

It looks like a terrible build, but why don't you try it out if you want to see how it performs? (Objectively speaking, I'd wager it won't work but hey doesn't hurt to test).

I would be very surprised if anyone else has tried this build and/or runs it, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a response.

Zxul

Post#6 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 pm It looks like a terrible build, but why don't you try it out if you want to see how it performs? (Objectively speaking, I'd wager it won't work but hey doesn't hurt to test).

I would be very surprised if anyone else has tried this build and/or runs it, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a response.
My first toon on live was a sorc. Actually used something similar in t3 and it worked, problem started with solo roaming in t4. Of cause, it was also on a low rr/unequipped toon going vs sov, and back then I didn't really knew how to spec.

adamthelc

Post#7 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:27 am

Tapping the Dark works for yourself and its a nice tactic. It doesn't really turn you into a tank, especially if you are unsupported and I think it works better with an AoE build. It works really well with Disastrous Cascade.

Still you will be able to get some kills with CQ DB spam. TtD might let you live an extra gcd or 2 against a melee if they aren't that great, they don't chunk your health in a KD and you don't get disrupted a bunch.

Would be a noticeably worse spec against other ranged though.

But regardless of how good the build is or isn't, it should definitely have ID.

Hood

Post#8 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:41 am

Huh? I thought only Magus got the epic quest weapon with the heal proc, am I wrong?

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Hood wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:41 am Huh? I thought only Magus got the epic quest weapon with the heal proc, am I wrong?
Sorc gets same one.

Hood

Post#10 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:46 pm

@Zxul : Demonsoul says chaos only, does dark elves get a weapon with the same proc effect then?