Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Loathing and Anguish update

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tiamath

[BG] Loathing and Anguish update

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello,
since Ironbreakers got few tweaks, maybe BG's will have one or two also.
Ill put some modest of mine.
None Shall Pass - some CC immunity or reduction in chance to be stunned/knocked down.
FoF - additive crit reduction instead of multiplicative.
Antidetaunt - also working against Challange damage reduction.
Selfheal, also healing guardee at some degree?

Any other ideas folks?
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ads
Zxul

Re: [BG] Loathing and Anguish update

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Personal opinion that DE racial tactics need change- my DE toons are the only one where I'm not using at least one racial tactic, while on chosen for example I'm using two.

Maybe change Bathing in Blood into lifetap proc.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Tiamath

Post#3 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:41 am

Hello,
that would be quite an advancement to overal racial playstyle. In fact if Dark Blessings tactic might affect it could be some degree of power. Spirit resist tactic if could breach the soft cap it could be a thing too.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:51 am

Unless you're playing the solo build, BGs don't really have any space for other tactics in 2h wb/sc specs or in their snb specs.

Tiamath

Post#5 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:17 am

Thats the point, in terms of meta there are no alternatives. Some utility update to wider group play is more than welcome.

witc0m

Post#6 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Tiamath wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:36 pm Hello,
None Shall Pass - some CC immunity or reduction in chance to be stunned/knocked down.

Any other ideas folks?
If you think the minuscule Ironbreaker tweaks warrant Black Guard being buffed, I'd be happy to lay out all the ways that Blackguard is already significantly better than the Ironbreaker...

Freakgod

Post#7 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm

witc0m wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm [quote=Tiamath post_id=430487 time=<a href="tel:1596717392">1596717392</a> user_id=11954]
Hello,

Any other ideas folks?
If you think the minuscule Ironbreaker tweaks warrant Black Guard being buffed, I'd be happy to lay out all the ways that Blackguard is already significantly better than the Ironbreaker...
[/quote]

I would be interested in learning why the Blackguard is significantly better.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Freakgod wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 pm
witc0m wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm
Tiamath wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:36 pm Hello,

Any other ideas folks?
I would be interested in learning why the Blackguard is significantly better.
Blackguard a few years ago had a lot of attention and work done on it, IB at the time did not. Not everything needs to be touched at the same time. The classes aren't perfect mirrors.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Freakgod

Post#9 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:26 pm

I was looking for insight not trolling. Let me rephrase, I have a BG lvl 40 and in conquer gear SnB for all comparison purposes. I have recently started playing order and have not settled in in a tank. What differences should / could I expect to see between these two tanks. BG vs IB.

Rapzel

Post#10 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Freakgod wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:26 pm I was looking for insight not trolling. Let me rephrase, I have a BG lvl 40 and in conquer gear SnB for all comparison purposes. I have recently started playing order and have not settled in in a tank. What differences should / could I expect to see between these two tanks. BG vs IB.
Blackguard is really strong, probably the best 2h tank in the game (people still argue if KotBS or BG is the best 2h tank), IB is okay (I don't think there's any bad tanks in the game, because of their core abilities).
BG hits like a truck, and brings great buffs and debuffs and the furthest punt in the game.
IB is a little bit tankier, has some really good party buffs (parry + init and crit + str buff) and decent offensive debuffs, but doesn't hit as hard and the mastery trees are whack.
The punt on the IB is just a joke, it's as far as Chosen's with tactic, your target just doesn't fly as high up.

Biggest core difference when it comes to their mechanics is that IB needs to slot a tactic to gain grudges while hitting stuff.

IB lacks any spammable AoE, which doesn't matter that much as they lack any proper Chance on Hit (like the wounds debuff on bg, only one is a +25 ap on crit for group) but makes AoE tanking more difficult imho.

Blackguard overall has more avoidance (and a really strange magic resistance tactic), but IB has more mitigation through some excellent tactics and the halved cc tactic is top tier.
As SnB my opinion is that BG outshines IB, but a guard is a guard in the game, and if you want to play IB play it.