Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] AoE Builds Discussion

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sighy

Re: [Sorc] AoE Builds Discussion

Post#31 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 pm I would prefer GoN/Chilling Gusts over ID any day. I rarely have any trouble keeping Dark Magic or energy up while running in warbands.
I'd say that ID is mainly useful, when you are starting off 0, because you were mounted or smth.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#32 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Chilling Gust is not worth it, and it's also too far up the tree.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer
Is the build I go for when going for AoE.
Often if I have a choppa in the party I'll replace Piecing Shadows with Infernal Gift to further boost them.
Mind you, I don't do forts and this is just for orvr roaming/cities.
When close range bombing I pop two rounds out Surging Pain and then go back to 100 with ID so I can be ready for my next cascades channel.

Bozzax

Post#33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Merry Xmas
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Arthem

Post#34 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:59 am

Caduceus wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 pm I would prefer GoN/Chilling Gusts over ID any day. I rarely have any trouble keeping Dark Magic or energy up while running in warbands.
It gives you more ST pressure, allows you to build 50 dm at the drop of a hat, and boosts frozen touch damage with points in that tree. The options in the middle tree are real fluff.

Arthem

Post#35 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:08 am

empmoz wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:04 pm Sorc is such a mess of a class; the aoe abilities are either too close range or too long cast time. The single target spec is great though, but sucks in orvr.

Are there any high RR sorcs that have tips for an effective rvr build?
If you want to bomb at long range you will be less effective. But you slot glorious carnage and bomb with focused mind. You'll mostly be stealing kills from others.

geezereur

Post#36 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:17 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm Hey all,

Having recently experimented with some AoE builds, I'd like to share another one with you. Versatile RvR AoE Build (requires +2 Alt Sov Bonus)

Utilizing the +2 points in the Path of Destruction that Alt Sov gives, this build seeks to combine short and long range spells and tactics into a versatile setup for RvR.

- Combining Gloom of Night and Chilling Gusts gives the ability to seriously backload AoE damage for big RvR clashes or funnel fights.
- Disastrous Cascade can be used in offensive situations for close-range burst.
- Neverending Agony makes the Sorc more effective on the move and at close range with shorter IW cooldown, while also making Pit of Shades castable on cooldown.
- Paralyzing Nightmares as cherry ontop, to be used to seal the fate of many Order in offensive situations.

The 7-piece Alt Sov bonus synergizes greatly with this build. The combination of Gloom of Night and IW will mean you're constantly spreading slows in an AoE. Combining it with Pit of Shades and Triumphant Blasting during keep defenses can also be particularly nasty.

In short, this build provides high damage potential at both short and long range. When combined with Paralyzing Nightmares, Triumphant Blasting (during defense sieges) and the 7-piece Alt Sov bonus it also turns into somewhat of a debilitating monster, capable of controlling large groups of enemies.

Does the slow from alt sov works with dot ticks?

Caduceus

Post#37 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:03 pm

geezereur wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:17 pm

Does the slow from alt sov works with dot ticks?

Gloom of Night, yes. Ice Spikes, no.

And all the other direct-damage AoE spells, yes.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Asherdoom

Post#38 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:42 am

black horror 3 sec cast time seems a waste of time and efforts.
I tested some runs and honestly i came up with this: (i am rr52)

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

The basic idea is: Gloom make less damage than black horror but is 1 sec less cast time (and dmg difference is not that big deal). Destro tree is self explanartory: i get Cascade to make cascade+surging wombo combo. in agony tree i take Echo because most of the time you aoe a tank/tanks will be affected too especially if they hold the line a disrupt is almost guaranteed which make me proc Echo to damage a healer/ranged/mnelee dps even more. once i get to level 70+ RR i will go up till ID to increse a little more the burst.

Ads
Elvicof

Post#39 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:50 am

Asherdoom wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:42 am black horror 3 sec cast time seems a waste of time and efforts.
I tested some runs and honestly i came up with this: (i am rr52)

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

The basic idea is: Gloom make less damage than black horror but is 1 sec less cast time (and dmg difference is not that big deal). Destro tree is self explanartory: i get Cascade to make cascade+surging wombo combo. in agony tree i take Echo because most of the time you aoe a tank/tanks will be affected too especially if they hold the line a disrupt is almost guaranteed which make me proc Echo to damage a healer/ranged/mnelee dps even more. once i get to level 70+ RR i will go up till ID to increse a little more the burst.

Better of leaving Gloom and Echo alone. Go straight for ID to build DM. If you wanna build around GoN then you should go for Chilling gust aswell.

Speccing into 3 tree isnt utilizing your points very well
Moonlapse and VII

Asherdoom

Post#40 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:20 pm

what about this spec?
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

I noticed that FT with thactics proc almost for sure aka perma shield on ya and especially during aoe help a lot in survivability. Ofc i place this spec as I am already at 1050 in so no need for additional int tactic. basically you play typical aoe spec but instead of having backlash damage from trait you replace with a shield (which i noticed stack for example with shaman shields)