Recent Topics

Ads

WE- Ruthless Assault spec.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

WE- Ruthless Assault spec.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:48 pm

Something which I noticed testing- since during Ruthless Assault channel your finisher is applied nonstop, Bleeding Edge 50% armor ignore tactic actually gets applied for 3 sec channel's duration, +3 sec after it ends. It takes 7.5 sec to build 5 finisher points, so with using Ruthless Assault as finisher you get 50% armor ignore for 6 sec out of every 10.5 sec. Add Pierce Armor which ignores armor as is, and out of 10.5 sec 6 sec you ignore 50% armor, 1.5 sec you ignore 100% armor, so only 3 sec when you have to deal with a full armor. +you get ws buff from Pierce Armor for another 8% or so armor pen, +you can use epic quest/city dungeon offhand with 800 armor debuff proc.

Did anyone experiment with it/tried builds based about?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
sogeou

Re: WE- Ruthless Assault spec.

Post#2 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:01 pm

It is not 50% armor ignore. It adds 50% to your armor Pen. So if you have 20% armor pen, it add 50% of that 20%. Which equals a poopy 30%. Which currently armor pen is not working very well.

Zxul

Post#3 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:15 pm

sogeou wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:01 pm It is not 50% armor ignore. It adds 50% to your armor Pen. So if you have 20% armor pen, it add 50% of that 20%. Which equals a poopy 30%. Which currently armor pen is not working very well.
To clarify- was it tested? Also, with ws buff from Pierce Armor WE should easily be at 30%+ base armor pen, with Bleeding Edge it should still put you at 50% or so, and then you got 800 armor debuff from offhand.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

sogeou

Post#4 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:46 pm

30% + 15%= 45% Will be your total of armor pen. 45% armor pen does not work as such. It really only hits as half of that value. I have tested armor pen with almost all classes. I had 70% armor pen vs a target with 75% armor. No gear to stop armor pen and most I was able to bypass was 50% of their 75% armor. So the way it feels like is they have 75% armor you by pass 50% of it which is 37.5 bypass.

Krima

Post#5 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Its better pop EOIP and ignore 50% of the victims armor and slot % dmg tactics.
Bleeding edge its so BAD. It only makes you get 50% of whatever your weaponskill is.
Is worth stacking WS on WEs? No, we already have PA + AW.. why stack ws for armor pens when WEs already have 2 skills that ignores armor ? Suffering build all corp dmg.. AA dmg? meh.
Why I see so many Witch elfs sloting bleeding edge, and when I inspect their gear they all STR + Crit build?? and gear without WS :roll: Someone pls help these poor
Bleeding edge looks good for WHs, to get high pen on all their Bal Ticks while they abso/trail by pain spam.

Lets forget bleeding edge and bring back:
old Sharpened Edge: All of your Frenzies will now reduce the victim's armor by 75% for 3 seconds
OP? yes!! instead of deleting it why not balance?

reduce the victim's armor by 50% for 3 seconds
reduce the victim's armor by 40% for 3 seconds
reduce the victim's armor by 30% for 3 seconds

Mirroring tactics its bad because WH/WE are not 100% mirror.
Bleeding edge looks good for WHs and worthless for WEs

Old sharpened Edge if balanced could be OK for WEs and be OP for WHs (abso spam, flowing accusitions).
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Zxul

Post#6 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:57 pm

sogeou wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:46 pm 30% + 15%= 45% Will be your total of armor pen. 45% armor pen does not work as such. It really only hits as half of that value. I have tested armor pen with almost all classes. I had 70% armor pen vs a target with 75% armor. No gear to stop armor pen and most I was able to bypass was 50% of their 75% armor. So the way it feels like is they have 75% armor you by pass 50% of it which is 37.5 bypass.
What was their toughness? Is it possible that the extra mitigation came from it?
Last edited by Zxul on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wachlarz

Post#7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Bleeding Edge if i correctly understand work after u use frenzy for next 3 sec, so next attack when END Ruthless assult

Zxul

Post#8 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:51 pm

wachlarz wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 pm Bleeding Edge if i correctly understand work after u use frenzy for next 3 sec, so next attack when END Ruthless assult
The way Ruthless Assault works is that it hits 6 times over 3 sec, so (tested) after first hit rest enjoy Bleeding Edge pen, then after last hit you still got 3 more sec of pen (in other words, each Ruthless Assault hit resets the timer).

Ads
ctosterhout

Post#9 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 am

I know this is an old thread, but I just used Bleeding Edge and checked .getstats.

Getsats shows "Armor Penetration 50" after using Bleeding Edge.
Bleeding Edge is exactly the same as Elixir of Insane Power. It increases armor penetration "to" 50%, not "by" 50%.

We have 2 skills in this tree with the same effect that doesn't stack. (Elixir of Insane Power and Bleeding Edge)
And, we have 3 skills in this tree with a similar effect that doesn't stack. (Pierce Armor (+weap skill), Elixir of Insane Power, and Bleeding Edge)

jughurta69

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 am

Krima all time I never saw you post positive

Personally in my eyes you always exaggerate while bringing everything back to your gameplay

WE have more burst than WH yes

WH can have more sustain than WH yes