Recent Topics

Ads

[WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
teiloh

Re: [WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Post#21 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 am

Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 am
teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 am
Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am

So how about that bombastic armor debuff - can WE have it too?
Why would WE get a buff just because WH get a buff? The WH needs it far more. If anything, the ranged finishers should be de-mirrored from WE, but have the ICD on Kisses removed again so it they can double proc.
Hahaha. "Equality for me, but not for thee."
You are falsely presuming a steady state of balance. The WE is the stronger class, so it stands to reason that it would be fair for them to get nothing while the WH gets a little bit of something. Destro certainly does not need any buffs to its AOE melee zerg, in fact, it needs a few adjustments downward.

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am

teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 am
Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 am
teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 am

Why would WE get a buff just because WH get a buff? The WH needs it far more. If anything, the ranged finishers should be de-mirrored from WE, but have the ICD on Kisses removed again so it they can double proc.
Hahaha. "Equality for me, but not for thee."
You are falsely presuming a steady state of balance. The WE is the stronger class, so it stands to reason that it would be fair for them to get nothing while the WH gets a little bit of something. Destro certainly does not need any buffs to its AOE melee zerg, in fact, it needs a few adjustments downward.
AoE melee zerg

Witch Elf

Wat?

Krima

Post#23 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:43 am

Already removed it from my BAR.. I used to run treacherous assault together with EOS, to apply 2 openers on same target. After pounce, it just messes my position and doesnt feel smoth at all.
So for me, its actually a nerf to the class. Try pounce on monted target it does not do dmg, since its linked do TA and once you land target its gone. So very hard to dismount players. Also, for high ping players, its not possible to pre-spam TA opener, since it cast from range now :roll:

I really dont mind just buffing the WH and dont give anything to the witch elf. and vice versa
Historically if you read patch notes.. WE and WH are linked to eachother on changes ! why ?

Ideal case here is to revert TA to what it was before. No changes.. no pounce.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Aezron

Post#24 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Krima wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:43 am Already removed it from my BAR.. I used to run treacherous assault together with EOS, to apply 2 openers on same target. After pounce, it just messes my position and doesnt feel smoth at all.
So for me, its actually a nerf to the class. Try pounce on monted target it does not do dmg, since its linked do TA and once you land target its gone. So very hard to dismount players. Also, for high ping players, its not possible to pre-spam TA opener, since it cast from range now :roll:

I really dont mind just buffing the WH and dont give anything to the witch elf. and vice versa
Historically if you read patch notes.. WE and WH are linked to eachother on changes ! why ?

Ideal case here is to revert TA to what it was before. No changes.. no pounce.
Yeah this 100%, I can't even use the TA opener anymore after the change.. it just messes everything up.
I would want the pounce removed until they find a better spot for it/a better change to WE. This change is not it.

Luranni

Post#25 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:18 pm

It does have some niche uses (jumping across gaps, holes and up to engis perching on stuff, getting unstuck etc) and is also funny. But I agree that on a straight approach it's basically useless. What about making it another opener or ability in its own right so TA users can have the original back as a compromise? I'd be sad to see it outright deleted.

soldude

Post#26 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:57 am

im use that punce only in Path of Carnage. After jump press on your knees! But that position after jump looks like ping - one year (my 60-70ms). Not useable for another knock like heart seeker. imho

JUNDIE

Post#27 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 am

Dislike the change. Some fun testing it out is about its extent into usefulness... It has been said before but the keys are:

1) Nobody needs a closer from stealth, if you cant get close while invisible... it is your own fault
2) If you think using the Elixir to stealth is a great setup to pounce... you are ignorant, elixir has a speed buff... why would you need invisibility, insane speed and a pounce?
3) TA is now unusable compared to before the change since you pounce no matter what (even if you are next to the victim already.) So now the TA opener takes 2 seconds to complete animation and lands 1 GCD behind the victim. Which again shows that Enfeebling > TA even with change
4) If a gap closer is needed.... it is after you open and the victim is running away... thus a finisher with pounce would make hardcore sense

A stack-able armor debuff on a commonly used skill is a sexy buff compared to a redundant 2x gap closer (stealth + pounce) on a underused ability (who uses TA over Enfeebling???) . Now WHs using double parry mechanics with this armor debuff are seen smoking destro tanks 1v1 all over the lakes

TL:DR....Debuffing armor on a main finisher is just too sexy for both the WE and WH, and the pounce is comically attached to the most useless ability without trolling (think feigned positioning pounce)

Skoll888

Post#28 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:32 am

For me TA is now useless, if the targed moves and thats the case 90% of the time you land always out of meele range.
reverse it pls, because WE lost a sometimes useful skill

Ads
Krima

Post#29 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm

A good idea, its a possibility of a toggle on and off on TA - POUNCE ?

I bet the majority of high lvl witch elf players would leave it off...

The mistake of giving pounce to TA, was actually not that bad. Could you imagined pounce on Enfeebling strike or vehement blades?? It could be much worse.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Xergon

Post#30 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:47 pm

Imho, IF you really want to add Pounce to WE then either:

- it should be something like a 10-15s debuff which allows u to pounce on target WHEN u choice to, not automatically enforced.

- animation should be not the same pounce but maybe more like ASW Shadowstep - direct leap

Current form is very bad for any kind usage than trolling urself :D
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube