Recent Topics

Ads

[WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rumpel

Re: [WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Post#41 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm

I still like pounce. Caught some healers on higher terrain or while they ran away but I'm not using vb (its crap in my opinion) in any rotation and when the enemy is running pounce only works together with oyk but so its really usefull for me. I can ignore collision and jump on higher terrain I normally can't reach that fast without the enemy running away. It's important when to use it then its a good thing. I had some awesome moments with pounce.

At the end I would prefer having it as its own spell, maybe a 4th opener with snare or something. Using it out of stealth is a restriction im ok with cause without it would be to strong in the whole context. But with this restriction I wish the distance would be up to 45 feet.

Something im interested in... what's the experience of order players when got pounce by Witch Elves?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
Sundowner

Post#42 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Rumpel wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm I still like pounce. Caught some healers on higher terrain or while they ran away but I'm not using vb (its crap in my opinion) in any rotation and when the enemy is running pounce only works together with oyk but so its really usefull for me. I can ignore collision and jump on higher terrain I normally can't reach that fast without the enemy running away. It's important when to use it then its a good thing. I had some awesome moments with pounce.

At the end I would prefer having it as its own spell, maybe a 4th opener with snare or something. Using it out of stealth is a restriction im ok with cause without it would be to strong in the whole context. But with this restriction I wish the distance would be up to 45 feet.

Something im interested in... what's the experience of order players when got pounce by Witch Elves?
Did not really experience WE pounce in oRVR, but in ranked it seemed helpful for niche ability it was designed to be. I don't really think WEs needed more mobility, but if devs took this direction with class it probably ok. Most importantly it synergizes better with ST WE than aoe debuff on ST WH, which seems forced to kind of add viability for class, but did not really achieve it.

Rumpel

Post#43 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Sundowner wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:23 pm
Rumpel wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm I still like pounce. Caught some healers on higher terrain or while they ran away but I'm not using vb (its crap in my opinion) in any rotation and when the enemy is running pounce only works together with oyk but so its really usefull for me. I can ignore collision and jump on higher terrain I normally can't reach that fast without the enemy running away. It's important when to use it then its a good thing. I had some awesome moments with pounce.

Did not really experience WE pounce in oRVR, but in ranked it seemed helpful for niche ability it was designed to be. I don't really think WEs needed more mobility, but if devs took this direction with class it probably ok. Most importantly it synergizes better with ST WE than aoe debuff on ST WH, which seems forced to kind of add viability for class, but did not really achieve it.
That's an important point. In my experience pounce is a good thing in scenarios... normal, ranked or city. Its more fitting in group play here. In oRVR when roaming not.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

BarniGrollheimer

Post#44 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 pm

OP pretty much nailed it. For me the most annoying part are:

- Using TA in melee range still activates pounce, and if you are too close I found that you pounce (again, long animation) and end up in front of your target with your back to the target - and you can't turn around until the pounce animation finishes. This is really frustrating as it completely ruins your opener, making TA almost unusable.. even at melee range.

- The pounce requires stealth, meaning it either requires a 2 second channel without being hit by anything (really unlikely in a fight) or the use of Elixir of Shadows (EoS).
Stealthing mid fight using Shadow Prowler (SP) is usually an excercise in futility, as it is so easily interrupted, making the use of pounce in mid-fight using SP not feasible.
If not in mid-fight and successfully in SP, chances are that your victim is unaware that you're approaching. In this case, the pounce doesn't matter as you can just walk close to your target undetected.
If in mid-fight and instead using EoS to access stealth, using pounce is worse than just running to your target. EoS gives a speed boost allowing you to reach your target by running to it, using TA in stealth breaks the speed boost and is actually slower than running to the target.
Barnii Grollheimer - Slayer 40/80
Frostthrone - Bright Wizard 40/75

Krima

Post#45 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Balance Changes

- Treacherous Assault: The 30ft pounce component has been removed from this ability.

-NEW: Shadow Leap: A 30 ft pounce 'opener' core ability that additionally snares your target on landing.
Still a very bad skill..

The worst part is the pounce on it.. I would rather have just the 5 seconds snare. I already unsoloted it.
The question is what TA pounce is trying to accomplish? :?: :?:

Dont want to be rude or anything.. but its feels wasted resources and time. If anyone need help with WE skills.. feel free to PM me in game. I have some good ideas without being OP like WH armordebuff.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#46 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Krima wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:06 pm
Balance Changes

- Treacherous Assault: The 30ft pounce component has been removed from this ability.

-NEW: Shadow Leap: A 30 ft pounce 'opener' core ability that additionally snares your target on landing.
Still a very bad skill..

The worst part is the pounce on it.. I would rather have just the 5 seconds snare. I already unsoloted it.
The question is what TA pounce is trying to accomplish? :?: :?:

Dont want to be rude or anything.. but its feels wasted resources and time. If anyone need help with WE skills.. feel free to PM me in game. I have some good ideas without being OP like WH armordebuff.
It was moved to a separate skill so you can calmly ignore it if you're unable to make any valuable use from it. I assure you there are a great many witch elf players who don't seem to share your dilemma.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Atropik

Post#47 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:16 pm It was moved to a separate skill so you can calmly ignore it if you're unable to make any valuable use from it. I assure you there are a great many witch elf players who don't seem to share your dilemma.
Would like to read any positive feedback on this ability. If anyone of those "great many" could share?
Nicelook | Obey

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#48 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:51 pm

Just give WE an out-of-stealth pounce to with the berserker acrobat nature of the class.

Ads
geezereur

Post#49 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:48 am

Skoll888 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:32 am For me TA is now useless, if the targed moves and thats the case 90% of the time you land always out of meele range.
reverse it pls, because WE lost a sometimes useful skill
same with shadow warriors shadow step

gman4gov

Post#50 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:51 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:48 am In my opinion the we pounce makes the we a overall better class, in city they just shredded our heals, while wh slowly gets a dps support wich is also nice. WE is in a pretty good spot atm, i think the devs did an outstanding job!

on the other hand order needs a little help with some speccs
This is clearly an Order player. The pounce has no intended usage and is purely pointless. Mirror a WH w/the armor debuff. What's so hard about that? -Stabyz