Building DoK

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Idrinth
Addon Developer

Re: Building DoK

Post#11 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Tigersoul78 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:35 pm When you say life taps what skills should I be using? And should I not use my HoTs as much when I have that 20% reduction in healing?
You should have a 40% reduction in healing from two must-have tactics. Your hots are for desperate moments only with that much healdebuff, melee healing wise you are going to use upto three abilities for healing:
- consume essence
- transfer essence
- rend soul
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

Ads
deadlyhat

Re: Building DoK

Post#12 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Your life taps as a Dok are all the abilities you have that deal damage to heal, Consume Essence, Transfer Essence, Soul Rend (Very strong ST Heal you can switch friendly targets while you are channelling this to heal more than one person because 2 ticks is normally enough to burst heal someone) and Devour Essence.
you have your life tap Morals too, Rampaging Siphon (Aka your oh **** button if your group needs big heals quickly need to have at least 4+ enemy players nearby to make it worth casting though), then there is Life's End, Steal Life and Chant of Pain your right tree M4 ability.
All other heals on your Dok are considered casted heals, except absorbs like Soul Shielding, Soul Ward and Divine Protection (M3)
with the talents Divine Fury and Murderous Intent you gain a lot more offensive power at the cost of reduced healing abilities through casted heals so I would not say they are useless because if you cant get close to an enemy for whatever reason they are a backup but they are significantly weaker

But your best option for group healing if you cant get close to an enemy to heal is to Hot yourself up and cast Blood of my Blood for AOE party burst healing.