Recent Topics

Ads

WE state atm

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mruvka

Re: WE state atm

Post#21 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:20 am

You rolled a WE, you know what you signed up for. Especially if you are as big a veteran in MMORPG as you advertise.

You signed up for ganks, ambushing RDPS and lower-level players. Mostly hoping you parry a knockdown against everything else, otherwise you are a walking renown source.

There is no way and no need to make WE more viable in a group than it already is. WE have their roles and it is not in a warband.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:39 am

kikiprecko wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:53 pm

But i just want to know what the DEV's feel about WE do they think its fun to play a Tanky build on a stealth assasin if u want to roam etc. Trying to kill anything with a guard on + detaunt in this game feels like hiting a wall + the recent patch with more crit reduction talents feels amazing i hit for even less now.
A tanky build is for solo roam looking for 1vs1 fights with a better chance to escape, if things go south.
You are not supposed to kill anything guarded with it.
For this you would have to spec and gear offensive and get a tank and heals for yourself.
I don't think I have to say this but if damage is not enough you have to bring more e.g. with assist.
Dying is no option.

sulonzek

Post#23 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:15 am

WE its a 1v1 class.
Forget about any grp utility.. Forget about CITIEs/Forts

Maybe if this topic reaches 20 pages of tears.. WE get a AOE armor debuff. :lol:

sighy

Post#24 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:17 am

This has been discussed many times and in many different threads. TLDR is that WE has an identity crysis, between it's lore counterpart and what Mythic made it. Then also combine it with gamewide alterations to reduce the power creep, which eventually grew to plague live. WE is going to recieve some changes, when the Realm Champion system is implemented, however at current point only thing we know is what has been said, in the QnA.

As far as the team responding to snarky, entitled, sarcastic threads like this... They have no obligation to read this or respond to it, even if they do. And for the record it's currently way less bad than in the direct aftermath of Broad Severing getting nuked, because back then you had no way to earn Royal Crests outside city.

Hamachi

Post#25 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:31 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Hamachi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:04 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 pm copying some of my old ideas just in case this turns into a 20 page buff WE thread (maybe now you need 25 pages to get buffs, who knows)
Spoiler:

Healdebuff Kiss/Bullet is now -75%, completely unique and on a tier higher than other outgoing healdebuffs in game; if healer does not get outside help, their own heals will not be able to keep them alive against WE/Wh dmg

Init Kiss/Bullet has now base value of 80 and scales with mastery up to 120 (vs current 50 to 80), make it actually hurt against classes that have low initial INIT values.

bump AP steal Kiss/Bullet from 20 AP up to 25, not a massive buff

make ST Silence into a 5s Silence and have it only grant immunity for 15-20 sec, normally you just KD targets since Silence is inferior as it allows victim to keep fleeing. Make it worth giving up KD use and use Silence instead when dealing with magic casters/healers - have the ability also fill the role of a "Execute" which has +25% dmg gain and will always crit if target is below 25% HP, dmg compontent will no longer require positional check.

retune melee disarm, up to 5s duration and only giving 15-20sec immunity, it also should be better alternative vs using KD against every target. Duelling a WE/Wh should be painful and challenge for other melee fighters/tanks.

Slice/Razor, grant this ability 25% armor ignore (same as KOTB precision strike has) - it costs more AP than Torment/AW spam, and its located in an "offspec" tree (with WE needing mid for mobility and right for crit and not really needing left tree).

All Elixirs/Relics down to 30 sec cooldown, the class should not need to operate on a 60s cooldown cycle, when other classes do not need to wait 60s before being able to re-engage with their buffs no more on cooldown.

WH - Seekers Triumph tactic - Seekers Blade now has 20s CD but gives you a +30% parry buff for next 10 seconds (10 uptime 20s cd) [having about 70-80% parry should be more than enough based on being able to reach base parry of 50 + 30% from this tactic]

reworking Pierce Armor/Repel Blasphemy:
Ignore targets armor, 10s CD; increase your armor pen by 25% for 10s (instead of old parry/WS buffs to self)

Bleeding Edge/Blessed Blade; remove old effect, new; your critical rate is increased by 3% per finisher point used (from 3 up to 15%) when using a finisher, 5s uptime after using a finisher. [mimics old Frenzied Mayhem, except now you need to use Finisher to get that crit and not avoid using finisher to have crit]

None of these are massively increasing their dmg, but these ideas would boost the value of WE/WH and make them into a severe threat on a battlefield, whether threatening healers with Silences and healdebuffs, or disarming melee or duelling high armor targets.

Especially WH, a light armor, high risk class, should not be considered 4th best melee DPS on order side, which is a joke considering the faction starts with 3 melee classes.

Would hope that the 3 target aoe cap rises to even 6 one day so I can start doing dungeons like a normal dps class.
(base Slice/Razor; MainTarget + 2 targets within 15ft, with tactic you Slice at 6 targets 20ft in front of you without needing target, no dmg change (its 1/4th of choppa/mara/WL/slayer aoe spammer potential that has 34ft effective range and less AP cost and 4x more targets - just let me grind pve like a normal person)

Solo gameplay does not exist as far as balance is concerned, and if solo gameplay mattered DPS healers should not even be allowed to exist. Keeping WE/WH as "least wanted pick" out of spite should also not be the reasoning behind balance.

anyway, back to waiting for all those pre-city /5 messages "looking for WE for city warband" :3
(might have been hallucinations though)
i like some of this ideas :)

Biggest Problem for me is the mostly condition based Skills.
Pounce only in Stealth and pretty Clunky ( no DMG to dismounts target ) no Gab Closer without Stealth except Dagger Snare with very long Casstime. U can point out Shadow Elixir but that sets all other Elixirs on a 60s.
SW has a unconditionial Charge with 20s CD. For a mobile Class we have not that much unique mobility tools. AE is great for disengage or Stagger 2nd Enemy but with perma Snares all over the Place its meh.

SW has a what now

Not Sure, maybe Warbuilder isnt up to date and i missed something.

Sure unconditional was a bit too much but anyway. SW has Charge, Disengage, Melee KD, Ranged KD, AOE Snare and so on. Actually much better Assassin in most Situations :)

Toshutkidup

Post#26 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:53 am

I’m no WE player but IMO the best WE on the server is Aurrek. I recommend you speak to him, he usually streams daily and plays usually solo. Dude takes down people I wouldn’t think a WE can do, and he doesn’t use nerfed buttons.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Manatikik

Post#27 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:41 am

Hamachi wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:31 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Hamachi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:04 pm

i like some of this ideas :)

Biggest Problem for me is the mostly condition based Skills.
Pounce only in Stealth and pretty Clunky ( no DMG to dismounts target ) no Gab Closer without Stealth except Dagger Snare with very long Casstime. U can point out Shadow Elixir but that sets all other Elixirs on a 60s.
SW has a unconditionial Charge with 20s CD. For a mobile Class we have not that much unique mobility tools. AE is great for disengage or Stagger 2nd Enemy but with perma Snares all over the Place its meh.

SW has a what now

Not Sure, maybe Warbuilder isnt up to date and i missed something.

Sure unconditional was a bit too much but anyway. SW has Charge, Disengage, Melee KD, Ranged KD, AOE Snare and so on. Actually much better Assassin in most Situations :)

Oh, wow. You really have no clue what you’re talking about ok
<Montague><Capulet>

kikiprecko

Post#28 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:04 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:09 am A little angry god descended upon us from their high wow arena ratings to let us know that the game we play is simple.

Wanna know devs feelings about WEs? Watch latest q&a - rogues will be addressed, they are on to do list. For more pm any of them, maybe you get response. Otherwise be prepared to be trolled as forums love self-appointed high skilled gurus.
First u tell me to ask clikers how to play , now u are mad that i said that im not retarded and know how to play my class and press all button with no clicking and nerfed buttons. Im not a god and again this game is maybe hard for some of u and complex but its not. Im not a guru or self appointed anything i just want to know how a DEV feels when he plays this amazing class.

Ads
kikiprecko

Post#29 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:07 am

Mruvka wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:20 am You rolled a WE, you know what you signed up for. Especially if you are as big a veteran in MMORPG as you advertise.

You signed up for ganks, ambushing RDPS and lower-level players. Mostly hoping you parry a knockdown against everything else, otherwise you are a walking renown source.

There is no way and no need to make WE more viable in a group than it already is. WE have their roles and it is not in a warband.
Yeah i signed up for being a walking renown source pretty much. There are a few classes that we can take down easy the rest we just have to stay in stealth thats the ganking part and the party/wb part does not exist. Why do u think that no need to make WE more viable for group play?

Krima

Post#30 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:54 am

WE should at least get any sort of grp Utility.

The class is just a strong 1v1 class for years.. and last patch they gave grp utilty to WH and more tools to 1v1 for the WE.. meme skill pounce + snare.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: