Blackguard - Fresh 40 gear?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
biqbox

Blackguard - Fresh 40 gear?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:14 am

So, if you are playing a 2H Blackguard and you start getting closer to rank40.
What would be your first order of business? Mix of Beastlord+Ruin? Straight up full Annihilator?

Should you xp-off and farm as much as you can to go right for Conq?

Weapon get the Epic Quest one, or perhaps a SC weapon?
Jewlry, get Winds Impervious + Gunbad Ruby?

I'm guessing here!

Talk to me people!

Ads
Cultist

Re: Blackguard - Fresh 40 gear?

Post#2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 am

Beastlord + Redeye is what my BG wears, I don't remember the exact combination though.
And t4 epic quest and genesis jewelry (3 pieces) and I'm almost rr60 atm
Oppressor should be optimal at those levels but farming SCs with no bonus is kinda tiring.

guardian747

Post#3 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 am

Mix of Beastlord/Ruin is decent combination to have as you hit 40, but most people would suggest you start of as a SnB as a low RR BG, rather than 2H. Both Conqueror and Vanquisher are great SnB sets, but if you are adamant on going 2H at all cost, you should consider getting some PvE Dungeon gear sooner rather than later. Redeye (Gunbad) has a good armor bonus, Sentinel form BB/BE works great when mixed with Vanquisher and Bloodlord later on will last you a long time till you get your WL/Sov. For the 2H weapon, get the Dragon's End glaive from Annihilation Epic Quest (Reikland). It is a weaker version of the City Dungeon Influence weapon (Memory of Kalgalanos) you will be using the most later on in ORvR. For sc/smallscale, farm scenarios to obtain the Anathema glaive or the Black Veil glaive from City Dungeon Influence which has a speed proc. As for the jewelery, Winds Impervious is a good set to have and you should do the ToK unlock for it as soon as you are able. BiS jewelery for 2H will revolve around 2 Genesis rings, Sentinel Ring and WL/Sov ring, depending on what set combo you go for at the end.

biqbox

Post#4 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I will try and see about doing Gunbad and move onto BB/BE. Are these any challenging dungeons? Or is it just enter and spank?

guardian747

Post#5 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:31 pm

Not really challenging, most of the stuff has been nerfed over the course of years. Just find a group that is willing to walk you through the dungeons once (and explain the mechanics). Otherwise, see if you can find any helpful vids on yt, it will give you a general picture of what to expect.

Tanski

Post#6 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Many paths to choose. You can go beastlord and ruin into gb gear for snb, or transfer vanq into conq for early conq. I wouldnt go 2h until you have the gear for it, bloodlord/sent mix minimum or city gear. Gl m8
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am