Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Shield/DPS how to survive in oRvR?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: [DoK] Shield/DPS how to survive in oRvR?

Post#11 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:56 am

Butzinjo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 am
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am
FrancesJCF wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 am Where does one get the absorb weapon? Thanks in advance for the answer. :)
It is from one t4 epic quests dont remember which one.
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm Trivial blows + Run away from renown + 300 absorb wpn + ap on being hit shield RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
Got all 3 Epics done this WE (unfortunately I´m now CR35/RR32 and don´t have the Emblems/rr for lvl gear :( ).
There is a smal mistake in the quote but thanks anyway.
The Quests u need are: Dark Elves for 300 absorb SHIELD and Chaos for "ap on being hit" WPN.

I would be interested in what talismans u would use.
I´m currently using toughness in armor and str in wpn and sometimes the dmg to heal feels very low.
Not shure if i should go str or wpn-skill instead of tough, atm it´s a gear-problem too.
https://imgur.com/a/X2lULkU That is the wpn im talking about and it's Sentinel shield that has ap proc. Then run away from renown and new absorb on crit tactic. Im always using str talismans. I would advice u to go full Vale-Walker gear it is easy to get and is very nice and u can use 3 beastlord with full vale walker. Vale-walker is new pve set and you need beastlord first (beastlord is good for shield spec).
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Butzinjo

Post#12 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:56 am
Butzinjo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 am
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am

It is from one t4 epic quests dont remember which one.
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm Trivial blows + Run away from renown + 300 absorb wpn + ap on being hit shield RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
Got all 3 Epics done this WE (unfortunately I´m now CR35/RR32 and don´t have the Emblems/rr for lvl gear :( ).
There is a smal mistake in the quote but thanks anyway.
The Quests u need are: Dark Elves for 300 absorb SHIELD and Chaos for "ap on being hit" WPN.

I would be interested in what talismans u would use.
I´m currently using toughness in armor and str in wpn and sometimes the dmg to heal feels very low.
Not shure if i should go str or wpn-skill instead of tough, atm it´s a gear-problem too.
https://imgur.com/a/X2lULkU That is the wpn im talking about and it's Sentinel shield that has ap proc. Then run away from renown and new absorb on crit tactic. Im always using str talismans. I would advice u to go full Vale-Walker gear it is easy to get and is very nice and u can use 3 beastlord with full vale walker. Vale-walker is new pve set and you need beastlord first (beastlord is good for shield spec).

Ah k, sorry, then its my fault. That wpn also comes from the T4-Dark Elves-Epic as the shield (with same proc) does. But shield has str, sword wp and then there is another sword from the Chaos-Epic with str (ap on hit) hence the confusion.

For Beastlord i´m only just lacking the Encounters.
At the moment i would try to get 2 pieces Ruin for +387 Armor and 3 pieces Mercenary for +62 str. and +480 Armor. Then i will try to get Beastlord/VW with CR40 .
Hopefully i can push my RR a little more before hitting 40.

DoK´s name is Akumo

meatcpu

Post#13 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Get VW asap after hitting 40. Then focus on the Sent ring and slot block 6% and throw away the VW ring. After that grind Bloodlord shield and weapons. I'm not sure it's worth breaking up the VW set to combine armor. The HoT on being damaged means even if you're too busy keeping yourself alive you are helping your party.

I've backed off using STR talis and spec'ed defensively with some emphasis on crit from RR points. You can't heal if you are running away. Half the time no one is in range to tap. Ask the tanks in your party to guard and keep them alive at all costs in return. You can shine by purging DoTs, rezzing and staying out of range to channel BoMB and Blood Sacrifice. The class HoT is nice when there is extra time and SE in your rotation.

Here's the build I would recommend for a fresh 40 in RvR:

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

meatcpu

Post#14 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:52 pm

Might be of interest. I've posted a thread asking for some DoK changes. I am going to post more thoughts, but there is an RvR build that Rydiak suggests that the DoK doesn't have good tactics for. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46405

ashton007

Post#15 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm

There’s a certain lvl of predicting you need to do here in order to detaunt before the KD or also one thing I find that helps is to keep my hot up basically 100% full time. The hot usually helps me outlast the burst of a kD, it’s also a lot to do with your gear having low armor value (best gear will make this better) and low wounds. Just tough it out it gets better! Try for block renown and FS3 I think it’s better than TB because most class have low ass crit.

ashton007

Post#16 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Blood lord weapon or shield can get u killed tbh in situations without guard, it reduces toughness and armor by 10% for that 5% damage, for shield dok I would strong urge you to get the anathema weapon with the fortress shield