[DoK] Shield/DPS how to survive in oRvR?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cultist

[DoK] Shield/DPS how to survive in oRvR?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Hey,

Got a DoK with full oppressor (dps) or full sentinel (shield) atm (not to mention vanq for healing) and I'm struggling a lot to survive when disabled, knocked-down, crippled, etc. This without taking into account when "kited to death". I'm lvl 40//6Xrr and having a hard time in oRvR. SCs are OKish I suppose.

How do you survive a KD for example? If I'm disabled I cannot hit which means I cannot heal, ergo instadeath. I found at my level I'm not that squishy with a shield but still... Any advice is welcome.

PS:
Forgot to mention I got like 7.9k HP, 800str, 35% parry, etc.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [DoK] Shield/DPS how to survive in oRvR?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm

Trivial blows + Run away from renown + 300 absorb wpn + ap on being hit shield RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cultist

Post#3 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:44 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm Trivial blows + Run away from renown + 300 absorb wpn + ap on being hit shield RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
Thank you

whitekong92

Post#4 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm Trivial blows + Run away from renown + 300 absorb wpn + ap on being hit shield RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine
why do you thing Trivial Blows is better then FS for Dok?

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:27 pm

whitekong92 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:33 pm
why do you thing Trivial Blows is better then FS for Dok?
WIth the absorb on crit sacrifice ability + 300 absorb wpn + shield with ap proc that makes a bigger difference than most think and 40 % + 10 % from defiance liniment eliminates the chance to be oneshotted and dok's have very low ini. You can invest rest renown in quick escape because and avoidances. You can catch people while casting rend soul and qe procs after cast u have 3-4 seconds 30% speed proc +dmg + heals + run away or towards another enemy.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cultist

Post#6 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:34 pm

@Sinisterror
and what about dual wield (dps) DoK ? Would you still use the same RR? and what would you replace the shield with?
Btw, subjugator shield is another 300 absorb shield.

FrancesJCF

Post#7 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 am

Where does one get the absorb weapon? Thanks in advance for the answer. :)

Sinisterror

Post#8 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am

FrancesJCF wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 am Where does one get the absorb weapon? Thanks in advance for the answer. :)
It is from one t4 epic quests dont remember which one.

Ads
Butzinjo

Post#9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:19 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 am
FrancesJCF wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 am Where does one get the absorb weapon? Thanks in advance for the answer. :)
It is from one t4 epic quests dont remember which one.
Got all 3 Epics done this WE (unfortunately I´m now CR35/RR32 and don´t have the Emblems/rr for lvl gear :( ).
There is a smal mistake in the quote but thanks anyway.
The Quests u need are: Dark Elves for 300 absorb SHIELD and Chaos for "ap on being hit" WPN.

I would be interested in what talismans u would use.
I´m currently using toughness in armor and str in wpn and sometimes the dmg to heal feels very low.
Not shure if i should go str or wpn-skill instead of tough, atm it´s a gear-problem too.

meatcpu

Post#10 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Potions. Detaunt. Defensive specs.

If you can't stand in the center of a melee group, spec more defensively. Done well a shield healer can win any melee 1v1. Ranged opponents are your kryptonite on purpose, but there are several effective single-target anti-kite tricks.

What's your DoK's name?