Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Heart Render Toxin

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jazlizard

[Witch Elf] Heart Render Toxin

Post#1 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am

Is there any actual use case for Heart Render Toxin?

My understanding of how it works is it only reduces the wounds from the max total for 10 seconds. The only scenario I can see this being useful is your target being healed to full during that time, but even then 70ish wounds removal for that short of time doesn't seem useful.

Can someone make a compelling case for this ability?

Ads
Aezron

Re: [Witch Elf] Heart Render Toxin

Post#2 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:21 am

As you say, the wounds debuff is only useful on a fully healed target, and if the target is fully healed after 5 Blood Lust buildings then the fight is usually lost anyway (or it is more useful to use another finisher). So no there is not really any use for HRT sadly.

Lithenir

Post#3 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 am

Well, think of it this way. The 70ish wounds debuff means also that the target is missing 700ish HP + the dmg HRT does.
I like to use this as a headstart when playing SCs and starting on a new target with full blood lust. Maybe it's crap what I am doing, but then I don't play destro very often ^^

Cultist

Post#4 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:26 pm

It's OKish if you open with HRT after a prowling attack and you are quite pumped up on the mid tree spec, it doesn't lower wounds that much with just 2-3 stacks but it helps a little bit.

tunnare

Post#5 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm

It's is good only when u open . First Skil using
Whirling Blades tatic.

Evilest

Post#6 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Finishers are crap.

ToXoS

Post#7 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:30 pm

A wounds debuff as a finisher doesn't make any sense indeed.
Especially this one. It is weak, both in the debuff and the damage output aspect.
I would prefer a decent corporeal 9 sec DoT as this finisher instead of this crap. And it would fit the theme of the suffering tree.

Atropik

Post#8 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 am Well, think of it this way. The 70ish wounds debuff means also that the target is missing 700ish HP + the dmg HRT does.
It also means that if your opponent does not die during the next 10 seconds, he will regain 700 hp when hrt ends xd
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Lithenir

Post#9 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Atropik wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 am Well, think of it this way. The 70ish wounds debuff means also that the target is missing 700ish HP + the dmg HRT does.
It also means that if your opponent does not die during the next 10 seconds, he will regain 700 hp when hrt ends xd
I guess there are ups and downs everywhere. :D

But if your target survives for more then 10 seconds it doesn't really matter if he gets the 700 hp back.

Atropik

Post#10 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 am

Lithenir wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm I guess there are ups and downs everywhere. :D

But if your target survives for more then 10 seconds it doesn't really matter if he gets the 700 hp back.
Exactly! your target has to survive the initial burst and somehow regain the maximum hp, so the cut would make sense. this means fight will automatically last much longer thn 10 sec.

Hrt does not take those hp from you target, it just cuts he maximum amount of it by 700.
Nicelook | Obey