[Witch Elf] Heart Render Toxin

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jazlizard

Re: [Witch Elf] Heart Render Toxin

Post#11 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Would this ability be worthwhile if it targeted toughness instead? or perhaps another stat? And at what value?

Ads
Caduceus

Post#12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Atropik wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 am
Lithenir wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm I guess there are ups and downs everywhere. :D

But if your target survives for more then 10 seconds it doesn't really matter if he gets the 700 hp back.
Exactly! your target has to survive the initial burst and somehow regain the maximum hp, so the cut would make sense. this means fight will automatically last much longer thn 10 sec.

Hrt does not take those hp from you target, it just cuts he maximum amount of it by 700.

Is this true though? I know that wounds buffs actually heal for the same amount. Not sure about wounds debuffs.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Atropik

Post#13 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Jazlizard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm Would this ability be worthwhile if it targeted toughness instead? or perhaps another stat? And at what value?
WE already has toughness and ws debuff as a part of a core ability, and even so WP does not always finds its place in the rotation.

HRT is a finisher, and from what i see - finishers supposed to finish someones life, not to debuff opponent or to buff the WE, that way they would be called buffs or debuffs xd
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#14 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:36 pm Is this true though? I know that wounds buffs actually heal for the same amount. Not sure about wounds debuffs.
What you mean by true? Yes, if wounds debuff ends - youll be given back the amount of HP it cuts. If armor debuff ends, youll be given back armor values it cuts. Same for toughness, ini, str, etc.
Nicelook | Obey

Jazlizard

Post#15 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:02 pm

Atropik wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:06 pm WE already has toughness and ws debuff as a part of a core ability, and even so WP does not always finds its place in the rotation.

HRT is a finisher, and from what i see - finishers supposed to finish someones life, not to debuff opponent or to buff the WE, that way they would be called buffs or debuffs xd
True, I never looked at it from the angle of being a finisher, since it's pretty bad at that, and you're right about Wracking Pains. In what way could this be a unique finisher that might find it's way into rotations?

Atropik

Post#16 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Jazlizard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:02 pm True, I never looked at it from the angle of being a finisher, since it's pretty bad at that, and you're right about Wracking Pains. In what way could this be a unique finisher that might find it's way into rotations?
Extra base damage/extra crit to a wounded enemy/when enemy is below 25%/suffering from ailment - sounds promising. Same goes fo WHs Burn, Heretic!
Nicelook | Obey

Jazlizard

Post#17 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:17 pm

That does sound more of a finisher, and it's something that none of our other abilities have that I know of.