Sorc: tactics

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Spectre013

Sorc: tactics

Post#1 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:53 am

For aoe and single target, which are the best to go?

In aoe better Frozen fury or piercing shadows? And why?

thanks in advance!

Ads
merfp27

Re: Sorc: tactics

Post#2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:18 pm

There’s only one ST spec, since our DD tree remains unviable.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer
You can swap out CG for InT if you need it.

For aoe, it all depends on what you’re doing. If you’re bomb, I’d say take PS. If you’re going to hang out in the back take FF.

Spectre013

Post#3 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:59 pm

thanks gonna test it ! :D

DR4296

Post#4 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:55 pm

merfp27 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:18 pm There’s only one ST spec, since our DD tree remains unviable.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

For aoe, it all depends on what you’re doing. If you’re bomb, I’d say take PS. If you’re going to hang out in the back take FF.

I'm curious as to what your (or any) good rotation is for that build?
I've got a different build for single target... and I tend to try to whip off 5 immediate cast DoTs....and then follow up with the longer cast-timer ones.

Caduceus

Post#5 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm

merfp27 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:18 pm There’s only one ST spec, since our DD tree remains unviable.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

That is a fairly standard build, but it is not the only viable one.

Path of Calamity ST Build is also a great build, which I've had success with in every mode of play, from solo roaming to 6v6 Ranked.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

DR4296

Post#6 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Path of Calamity ST Build is also a great build, which I've had success with in every mode of play, from solo roaming to 6v6 Ranked.
Yes, they're very similar.
I started by playing this one as single target: Path of Calamity Hybrid Build

But once I made it to rougly 40/60, I switched to this one for AOE: Path of Calamity / Destruction AoE Build

However, lately, when I play... Destro is severely outnumbered and PUG groups I join have been small and lacking leadership. So, I thought I'd switch back to a ST build. (Was finding myself in trying more often to "just take out that one guy").

And that's when I recalled seeing the one that was recommended here. Just respec'd into it and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thanks!

(That said, I don't remember using Impending Doom in my original ST rotation. But obviously, there it is, in the build graphic.)

Satirico

Post#7 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Mine:
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Usually I can melt any dps or tank dps with the rotation of this build. However this build is not good for solo roaming, need a healer at least.

DR4296

Post#8 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Satirico wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:33 pm Mine:
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Usually I can melt any dps or tank dps with the rotation of this build. However this build is not good for solo roaming, need a healer at least.

That's probably half my problem lately. I'm probably not giving myself a "big enough of a break" / forgetting that.

Ads
merfp27

Post#9 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:52 am

DR4296 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:55 pm
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

I'm curious as to what your (or any) good rotation is for that build?
I've got a different build for single target... and I tend to try to whip off 5 immediate cast DoTs....and then follow up with the longer cast-timer ones.
The rotation I use is:

Ice spikes> vison of torment > word of pain > chillwind > arctic blast > gloomburst > impending doom > hand of ruin.

Ice spikes and VoT will probably get cleansed(if they don’t great), but
WoP, AB, GB and ID should all hit in the same timestamp. First tick of HoR should finish them off if they’re still up.

merfp27

Post#10 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:35 am

Caduceus wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Oh without a doubt that build can work and I’ve seen your vids, so I know you’ve had great success with it. I’ve never been a big fan of AV, since it’s Corp and GB+SoG is spirit and you’re already debuffing spirit.

I also didn’t mean to suggest that the build I posted was the only and only. I just meant calamity was the only path for ST since there’s really nothing in agony other than ID.