BO or BG 2H

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DokB

Re: BO or BG 2H

Post#11 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:32 am

2h BO is and always will be a meme. You have no utility outside the damage you bring and even then, that doesn’t make up for what you would lose by not bringing a 2h BG. 2h BG can bring the damage, a better armour debuff, wounds debuff/AA+ Haste for self, crimson death, aoe snare, the best punt in the game, crit chance % reducer, AP removal that comes with a nice interrupt, outgoing HD, aoe block/parry reducer.

2h BO brings only slightly better burst damage due to procs from Skullthumper/Loudmouth but you don't really bring anything else, so go with 2h BG since you will be more useful.

SnB BO is better than SnB BG but only because the latter is absolute trash while the former is only slightly less trash due to access to morale pump.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Fritomaster

Re: BO or BG 2H

Post#12 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:38 am

ashton007 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:14 am
Fritomaster wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:24 pm
Noslock wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Cause waaagh spec bo has been nerfed but thats more a s/b issues. If u specced a 2h bo to be a waagh bot u just gimped urself.the only advantages of bg over bo for small scale is the heal debuff (but u have dps who can take care of that) and the useful punt and maybe crimson death. 2h bo is still good if u have the gear
I'm leveling both 2hand BO and IB. People keep telling me IB doesn't do as much damage. But at lvl 30 even on a geared 38 I can kill them in a single cave in.
On my BO I can't even get people under 80% with burst and when I do kill stuff its a squishy solo and takes 20-30 seconds.

Mind you this is pre T4. But I typically run the str sets. I'm curious when BO picks up.
Your BO must be missing tree hit combo, BOs most basic dps ability. IB has the best possible ST burst for any 2h tank.
No I have that with full debuffs and stolen stats. Taunt up I can do about 30/40% of a squishies hp. On my IB when he was the same level I'd either kill them in the 3 second stun or they die on the last tick.

It sure feels like IB has like double the dps. But I asked on the discord and in game and everyone says BO has the highest ST burst. Then I explain all the dot stacks with IB and they still say it doesn't come close.

I'm lvling both so no big deal. Its just a pain man on BO.