Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Oathing each other

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
raraRiley

[Ironbreaker] Oathing each other

Post#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:20 am

I used to play way back when the game was still in alpha and beta. Me and my Brother played double IB and used to Oath each other which was pretty damn strong if not OP. It got patched out pretty quickly.

I only stumbled across RoR 2 days ago and was wondering what the limits on Oath-ing is in this version of the game?

Reguardless of the answer I will be rocking a SnB IB.

Ads
Rebuke

Re: [Ironbreaker] Oathing each other

Post#2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 am

Similar buffs do not stack.

Basically buff stacking has 4 layers in RoR compared to 3 on AoR:

1) Morales;
2) Tactics;
3) Abilities/gear abilities/consumables/career mechanics;
4) Exception: SM Heavens Blade enchant.

TLDR; Oathfriending eachother and using the same abilities results in no gain.

Glorian

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 am

Rebuke wrote: ...
TLDR; Oathfriending eachother and using the same abilities results in no gain.
You will only get the benefit of the strongest of both buffs.

For example you give a 45 Toughness Boost and your IB friend gives a 60 Toughness Boost because he has more mastery in the attack tree of the buff.

In the End the 60 Toughness Boost will stay and the 45 Toughness Boost is wasted.

Karast

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 pm

on launch and pre launch buffs and debuffs used to stack with each other, but that was quickly removed.

right now there are 3 types of buffs and debuffs.

ability - potion
tactic
morale

Now within these some do, and do not stack for various reasons. For example wounds debuff abilities, and tactics do not stack, and some armor buffs like on the RP / Zealot heal count as abilities, rather than tactics so they do not stack with potions.

xanderous

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Wait i never knew this so are you saying there is no point in two tanks guarding or oathfriending each other?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Glorian

Post#6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Guarding = yes
Oathfriend = no. Not if you really go on the oathfriend buffs.

blaqwar

Post#7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Spoiler:
Oathing each other huh? Kinky...
Please stick to the topic.
-StormX2

xanderous

Post#8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 pm

ah ok, i was confusing guarding with oathfriending and forgetting you also apply the buff to yourself which can be overridden if your's is less effective.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Eathisword

Post#9 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Glorian wrote:Guarding = yes
Well, if you run 2 IB as duo, there could definitely be some benefits in oath buffs if both have different specs (as duo, they should). The guy high brotherhood can buff armor by 950, then strength, weapon skill by 115 and corp resist by 370 + the 900 absorb of Runic Shield.

A guy in Stone, can buff toughness by roughly 100 and parry by 25% and spec the rest in vengeance to increase crit by 10%. A single IB cannot realistically do that atm as it requires RR70. And all those buff cannot be kept up by 1 IB even if he could spec them all.

I would believe that knight/IB or SM/IB are stronger duo than 2x IB though.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Glorian

Post#10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Eathisword wrote:
Glorian wrote:Guarding = yes
Well, if you run 2 IB as duo, there could definitely be some benefits in oath buffs if both have different specs (as duo, they should). The guy high brotherhood can buff armor by 950, then strength, weapon skill by 115 and corp resist by 370 + the 900 absorb of Runic Shield.

A guy in Stone, can buff toughness by roughly 100 and parry by 25% and spec the rest in vengeance to increase crit by 10%. A single IB cannot realistically do that atm as it requires RR70. And all those buff cannot be kept up by 1 IB even if he could spec them all.

I would believe that knight/IB or SM/IB are stronger duo than 2x IB though.
Aye, forget what I say and listen to Volgograd. :)