Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer 2H HUGE ASS BURST (i hope) BUILD

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Slayer 2H HUGE ASS BURST (i hope) BUILD

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Id like to convert my slayer to 2h for that awesome crit weapon from the Epic quest.

but dual wield is just sooo gooood

Ads
Azygous

Post#12 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:07 am

Cimba wrote:
Luth wrote:Something to consider when judging on the viability/DPS of 2h (with power through) vs dualwield builds:
Once you reach the red stance, there is no difference between the damage of Spellbreaker and Spine crusher.
Not perfectly true. The base damage and damage scaling is the same of these abilities but if you play Spellbreaker you invest more Mastery Points into it. So Spellbreaker does slightly more damage than Spine Crusher in your standard ID build.

What I always wanted to try was to use a 2H power through build and continuously drop your rage with Flee. To make it work you would need an Ironbreaker who can then feed you AP during your Flee period (with Watch an' Learn). Overall I think this would boost your Spellbreaker damage (since you're ~40-50% of the time in yellow) and would cover some of the weaknesses of 2H build (constantly in red).
It's 552 for spine crusher vs. 572 spellbreaker if you're 40 and don't go beyond spellbreaker or deep wound in the tree. Not a big difference but again, it bypasses bubbles.

Regardless, you lose on Shatter Limb/ID and you'll have to prove you're better than a WL in burst dps , you receive 50% more damage than a WL and if you keep fleeing to dump your rage, you're gimping your damage, not immediately dumping your entire rage and running away from your guard which would may save you from the melee dps but would expose you to the full rdps. The healers would have to deal with 2 squishy slayers with one not bringing much to the table as opposed to an ID/SL slayer or a WL.

It's a fun spec but I'm not sure if dedicated premades would want it.

tionblack

Post#13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Do not wanna play White Lion when i got my badass dwarf slayer but i am a bit disapointed with SOLO capabilities of slayer :(

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Toldavf

Post#14 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:16 am

tionblack wrote:Do not wanna play White Lion when i got my badass dwarf slayer but i am a bit disapointed with SOLO capabilities of slayer :(
Its a class that requires a specific tactic setup and play style. One quick hint don't engage till at least in the yellow.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Specialpatrol

Post#15 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:54 am

By the looks of it, it seems like very classic 21hander build you got there.

We used to run Dual-wielding + 2-handed slayer (with PT slotted) back on live. It was very effective back then - and I don't see why it shouldn't or couldn't be here as well. Targets literally exploded. But it requires a quite tight group, as a Slayer constantly in the red is a quite stressful thing to both heal and guard.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 am

dam power through, wild gambit AND breaking point

you cant get get much more glass cannon than that

I feel you are too fragile, i also suggest you consider push for more as it negates the downsides for 2H weapons slow aa speed

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:06 am

No no breaking point is bad for slayers, ID say useless tier b/c of How squishy you get, if you dont sink a lot of rr points into trivial blows or reduction to be critted. Besides slayer has so many op tactics they can USE, this one is not that great. What i would suggest for Soloing is Get full merc for +1 to giant tree then sink points into trollslayer to Get RoA, rampage and deep wound. Then specc into giants for violent impacts(super Good) and the wounds debuff( you should be able to make this with the extra point from merc armor)

For tactics USE the str and the str/ws and violent impacts and then whatever, ID say the auto attack speed one is great since this is for single target. My 2c

tomato

Post#18 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Azygous wrote:
It's 552 for spine crusher vs. 572 spellbreaker if you're 40 and don't go beyond spellbreaker or deep wound in the tree. Not a big difference but again, it bypasses bubbles.

Regardless, you lose on Shatter Limb/ID and you'll have to prove you're better than a WL in burst dps , you receive 50% more damage than a WL and if you keep fleeing to dump your rage, you're gimping your damage, not immediately dumping your entire rage and running away from your guard which would may save you from the melee dps but would expose you to the full rdps. The healers would have to deal with 2 squishy slayers with one not bringing much to the table as opposed to an ID/SL slayer or a WL.

It's a fun spec but I'm not sure if dedicated premades would want it.
The dmg output increase for going 2-hand sadly isn't high enough to justify your defense beeing non existent.

Take a note, not saying that the dual wield spec makes 2-hand non viable, rather the not high enough dmg increase.
It's not a case of dual wield beeing too strong, but a case of 2-hand beeing to weak.

Same goes for choppa btw., both would need significant dmg increase on their respective 2-hand paths to become viable, which could be hard to "balance". Especially since most people wouldn't realize the drawback of beeing a complete glass cannon, they'd just see the dmg numbers and cry "OP".

Ads
Lileldys

Post#19 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Its not that great. You sacrifice all defenses to a small dps increase.

Once you get focused you are dead, there is no question about it.

With dual wield spec you can sit with with 3k+ armour and high parry and laugh in the face of incoming phys focus.

2h needs a buff, but do you give them more dmg or more survivability?