Recent Topics

Ads

[SLAYER] True guide

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
flatfoot1987

Re: [SLAYER] True guide

Post#11 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Back when I played a slayer in a 6man I used to run this setup. 4th tactic is either Slaughter (AP cost reduction) or Flanking (+15% damage with attacks from behind). RoR.builders - Slayer

When you're in a group and you can afford staying in zerk as long as you want I believe that AA speed increase is essential and it provides some sick results. Inevitable doom is located in AoE tree but I consider it a rather nice single target ability that adds up decent damage when you're spamming instants.

Right now I barely see any solo play option as, well, other more popular MDPS careers either have a way to completely ignore armor or have strong armor debuffs. A slayer/choppa doesn't get to land his damage on the targer so easily. In the end you lose the damage race against the clock and die before your opponent does. It's not always the case but it seems to be really important now that everyone is crazy stacking armor.

We need either defensive sets with some heal/absorb procs or some more advanced itemization that lets you stack serious numbers of weapon skill along with decent strength.

Right now solo/pug play in T4 with choppa/slayer is really frustrating. On live servers there were some random/casual people that paid no attention to a zerking slayer but RoR bunch is different, everyone knows you should hit that one first.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Try cleasing wind 3 lvl, some healing potions and this first healing tactic from skaven spec. Don't go in strenght, min 40% armour penetration from weapon skill is a must. Don't play as tank in first line. Try stay somewhere cloose to your RDPS and healers...or even hide yourself behind them, maybe you don't die so much :)

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 am

Dont die AS much?
Someone is neglecting their oath

Kali14
Banned

Post#14 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:59 am

Against RDPS you have no cheance because they will always focus their attacks on you. It's fault our RDPS because they don't take them down and you easy die from big distance. Invest in dodge/disrupt not work. Like I said try self heal and after weapon skill, your next main stat should be critical hit bonus and next wounds (because +120 strenght = any +40 dmg, Lol)

Slayer is not so bad for solo like most people are talking. Try this "healing spec" . With Rune of Absorption twice I did 20k self heal in SC. Many, many times for 10k. But remember about positioning!

If this all not help use ability "charge" , next "flee", run away to WC and hide yourself behind the guards.

Blasio

Post#15 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Kali14 wrote: Slayer is not so bad for solo like most people are talking. Try this "healing spec" .

Did you miss a link?

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Why would you use AP reduction tactic, lol. Just group with AP batteries =D

Darosh
Banned

Post#17 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Its quite saddening to see this netspeccing trend continue even outside of meta driven competitive games, and gets ever more relevant as time passes - learning classes by trial, error, general observation and own testing of mechanics and such yields the best results...

As to tips: Theres no dynamic damage, get a group.

"A slayer is only as good as his group." - This old saying holds true, especially due to the above.

dantesinfernalhell

Post#18 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 am

tomato wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:slayer guide:
1- get a guard from a tank
-2get a babysit healer
-3 mash buttons random in melee
-????
-profit
*4- still die cause you have no rage management or positioning

sir, my slayer and chop have flawless rage management, 24 7 enraged because tactic that prevents exhaust on use of exhausts! ROCK THAT DMG BONUS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ads
lilsabin

Post#19 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Why would you use AP reduction tactic, lol. Just group with AP batteries =D
What if he wants to solo ?

lilsabin

Post#20 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 am

Kali14 wrote:Against RDPS you have no cheance because they will always focus their attacks on you. It's fault our RDPS because they don't take them down and you easy die from big distance. Invest in dodge/disrupt not work. Like I said try self heal and after weapon skill, your next main stat should be critical hit bonus and next wounds (because +120 strenght = any +40 dmg, Lol)

Slayer is not so bad for solo like most people are talking. Try this "healing spec" . With Rune of Absorption twice I did 20k self heal in SC. Many, many times for 10k. But remember about positioning!

If this all not help use ability "charge" , next "flee", run away to WC and hide yourself behind the guards.

RUNE OF ABSORPTION ? what is that ?