Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
footpatrol2

Re: [Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Post#21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Get the IB to use AoE knockback which is available with powered etchings tactic. The issue thou is RD. RD is a dumpster fire issue on this server and should be removed imo.

You just need to interrupt a couple Razes to decrease the effectiveness of that type of morale bomb. You need to either Juke them or interrupt them via CC. Channeled morale bombs are meh. There is counter-play If RD is removed. Instant damage morale bombs is boss and much better. Even with instant damage morale bombs there is counter-play. Depending on Scale ST is good to use also for the morale drain. All morale is drained upon death. So killing some Tanks will interrupt how many can morale bomb decreasing the effectiveness of a full strength morale bomb. This forces the opposition to either bomb with what they have or wait to bomb to have targets regain morale. This buys you more time.

The issue is everyone is purely focused on AoE in RvR. ST has it's place in RvR for morale draining by killing key specific morale bomb components.

So you need to build tank killer group setups to drain the morale of a m2 raze push.
Incorrect morale gain rates causes massive imbalances in the game.
Not having banner's with their morale gain addition plus unique benefits also causes imbalances.

Dwarves not having access to 30 sec mountain spirit also really really hurts dwarves.
Keep mechanic's that don't increase morale gain also dampen and really hurt dwarves playstyle.

Old Keep mechanic's.
Attacker's would gain morale by attacking the door.
Defender's would gain morale by the keep door being attacked.
This core aspect of the game never changed throughout the life of AoR. It is important that both sides have easy access to morale gain at a keep defense/offense. Dwarves are specifically affected by this.

Ads
Collateral

Post#22 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm

I don't know anything about dwarf abilities really, I was merely suggesting a flashbang granade to interrupt morales, namely raze. Kotbs also has an interrupt he can use, together with taunt. Interrupting HTL won't get you far if your opposition knows what it's doing. Tanks have taunt also, and it's not difficult to see the raze animation if you pay attention. And focusing healers first is always, and I mean ALWAYS, a bad idea. Sure engies can put a decent amount of preasure, but personally I would focus on outputting as much damage as possible on the front line dps.

As for morales, last time I heard, natural morale gain was 10. You can reach m2 in about 30 seconds in zerg fights with ~25 morale gain. But that's virtually impossible with morale drain that destro has if they use marauders. But it's still a fact that order has the most powerful morale drain, solar flare. In keep fights if you rotate it with 2-3 knights, you can win basically every fight. Thankfully I see order actually using it. With 2 ams you can even rotate it with one kotbs. I wouldn't recommend going st in zerg fights. And focusing tanks is just a very poor way of dealing with morales. You will sooner see yourself stomped under the sheer aoe damage than killing enemy tanks, it will very rarely happen if the enemy is at least somewhat capable. One thing you can do is simply avoid the morale dump. When you see damage spiking, spread out, it can literally be that simple, just run away. Now with a 10s cd on bo aoe snare, you won't be perma snared anymore, so it's even easier.

Glorian

Post#23 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Is the raze animation equal on all tanks?

Collateral

Post#24 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Yes it is. They all spin like a ballerina.

Glorian

Post#25 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 pm

What is RD Foot is talking about? Doesn't ring a bell.

Update:
And by the way this is the ultimate engi guide thread. Don't talk me about kotbs or am combinations. I need here dwarf solutions. ;)

Asherdoom

Post#26 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:27 pm

keg after nerf is useless. forcing 3 engi to run keg will greatly reduce overall rangd damage in an already unbalanced enviroment. jkeg will never save lifes tick max 300 with WP buff and cannons deal between 800 to 1k so lol at this.

strafing run save my lifes a lot of time in comparison.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Glorian wrote:What is RD Foot is talking about? Doesn't ring a bell.

Update:
And by the way this is the ultimate engi guide thread. Don't talk me about kotbs or am combinations. I need here dwarf solutions. ;)
Resolute defense, lesti
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Glorian

Post#28 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Asherdoom wrote:keg after nerf is useless. forcing 3 engi to run keg will greatly reduce overall rangd damage in an already unbalanced enviroment. jkeg will never save lifes tick max 300 with WP buff and cannons deal between 800 to 1k so lol at this.

strafing run save my lifes a lot of time in comparison.
Please watch Bitterstone Sniper three or fourman videos where we keep us alive with kegs without healers and focus fire destros dead.

Also in a Keep Defense you are generating moral if you are healing one in your party that is taking damage. Standard healer procedure.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#29 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:23 am

Ok I've been thinking on your group comps quite a bit Lesti

So You can go 4 and 2. That's 4 sniper built engi's and 2 Runepriests
Or
Go 4 and 2 with 3 Sniper built engi's and 1 dps runepriest and 2 heally runepriests.

You've got option's on how you want to spec your Runepriests.
You could go something like this and take 2 of them.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... :;0:0:0:0:

I only picked 3 tactic slots for your runepriests. The last tactic slot is up to you. You shouldn't be taking Heaps of damage with your sniper group because your a range assist type group and need to kite away or attack in the backwards direction. Your group comp should be drop your pants amazing in a keep defense.

So what does bringing the 2 Runepriests spec'd as above do for you?
Having 2 immolating Grasps tactic's which provides a 100ft snare. It's at a chance of a snare so taking multiple's increases the chances of snaring your assisted target. The dots also provide assisting damage.

You have access to two at 100ft range single target stagger's on a 20 sec cooldown. This allows you to set up targets for your engi's too single target burst down. Extremely useful in a sniper group.

The two Runepriests can also provide a on critical hit a 50% heal debuff on your assisted target at 100ft. It doesn't really matter how hard the critical hit is. The critical could be 2 damage and the heal debuff will go off. This is the reason why I listed the Runic Blasting tactic.

Using 2 Master Rune's of Speed will shave off 0.5 sec's on your gun blasts and snipe's which is a MASSIVE damage increase. This also Shave's off 0.5 sec casts on your runepriests for faster Rune of striking's and hard cast healing. You will burn through AP faster thou. You have option's on how to deal with this. Either you take a 3rd Runepriest built for dps with Master Rune of Fury which even thou it is dps will eat into your overall damage output or you start having sniper built engie's slot in Extra ammo tactic which eats into precious tactic slots.

The Runepriests are there as assisting damage and support for your sniper group. At one time having two runepriests in your group comp also provided you with 100% upkeep on mountain spirit which also has massive synergy with your sniper group comp. Hopefully 30 sec mountain spirit will make a comeback.

3rd runepriest option provides potentially more snare, additional 3rd ST 100ft stagger, AP Master Rune, Higher chance of heal debuff on crit OR switch it all up and go heavy Valaya.

Note:
Spoiler:
You can almost do the exact same group comp with Zealots and Magus's. The difference is no Shaving off hard cast runes and instead of the snare coming from a tactic slot on the runepriest it's coming from the magus m1 Grasping Darkness. The ST 100ft stagger's are there along with the 100ft ST heal debuff's on crits.
These groups shouldn't be taking HEAPS of damage because they are not your frontline. I see this as a really fun RvR/SC group and not a 6v6 group. This allows for your runepriests to fill a support type role then a pure healing type role.

Glorian

Post#30 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

The ST stagger and overall setup is quite interesting. It should work well together with some sniper engineers to get the target down.
Not really a ranged knockdown but snare should work too.
The Sniper Squad has usually the problem that the target realizes it is focused and retreats healing itself.

And yes, this is not a 6vs6 setup. And you don't build a warband with only that setup. But you can use it as a third or fourth group in a warband.