Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] solo play?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foomy44

Re: [Slayer] solo play?

Post#21 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 pm

kmark101 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm The standard problem of the solo Slayer is the same problem of other dwarf classes too: too much physical damage type.

Since everyone is geared to their teeth with armor (too easy to cap), everyone with physical damage type only is at a serious disadvantage with 60%+ mitigations against. It just ruins all skills (like RoA) and turns high risk/high reward type of characters to high risk/tiny reward.

At least a few skills (like dots) should consider different damage types for every class or this unbalance will continue to grow.
FYI the devs don't balance around solo play (balance proposals don't take fights smaller than 6v6 into account)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Grock

Post#22 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 pm
kmark101 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm The standard problem of the solo Slayer is the same problem of other dwarf classes too: too much physical damage type.

Since everyone is geared to their teeth with armor (too easy to cap), everyone with physical damage type only is at a serious disadvantage with 60%+ mitigations against. It just ruins all skills (like RoA) and turns high risk/high reward type of characters to high risk/tiny reward.

At least a few skills (like dots) should consider different damage types for every class or this unbalance will continue to grow.
FYI the devs don't balance around solo play (balance proposals don't take fights smaller than 6v6 into account)
its not like what he said is only true for solo play, physical damage is worse than magical in every environment
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

kmark101

Post#23 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 pm FYI the devs don't balance around solo play (balance proposals don't take fights smaller than 6v6 into account)
It's actually a much bigger problem at group play because it makes a large amount of players weaker by default.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Foomy44

Post#24 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm

kmark101 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:21 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 pm FYI the devs don't balance around solo play (balance proposals don't take fights smaller than 6v6 into account)
It's actually a much bigger problem at group play because it makes a large amount of players weaker by default.
In group play you have access to armor debuffs from your groupmates. Are you really arguing slayers are weak in groups?

Edit: NM, don't wanna get into this and derail the thread.

On topic, Slayer is one of the only classes that absolutely shuts my solo roam 2h choosen down in 1v1, it's dirty.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell

Grock

Post#25 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm On topic, Slayer is one of the only classes that absolutely shuts my solo roam 2h choosen down in 1v1, it's dirty.
I dont know how 2h chosen is played, but i know they can deal quite some damage that goes through parry and armor - backlash, damage aura, bane shield, cleave, do you use those in 2h?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Foomy44

Post#26 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:07 am

Spoiler:
Grock wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm On topic, Slayer is one of the only classes that absolutely shuts my solo roam 2h choosen down in 1v1, it's dirty.
I dont know how 2h chosen is played, but i know they can deal quite some damage that goes through parry and armor - backlash, damage aura, bane shield, cleave, do you use those in 2h?
I haven't fought a bunch of good ones on my chosen so I'm not too experienced at countering them correctly, in most 1v1 I'm relying on parry+regen aura for a good chunk of my staying power and not having that really hurts. My str is really low so I don't use cleave, for damage I try to stick to spirit stuff while debuffing them them for okish dps while I outlast most people. Between constantly channeling Relentless and all the stuff I'm trying to keep up like Suppression, Seeping Wound, ToP, etc. I don't find I have much time for spamming a normal attack, and when I do I usually use Rending Blade for undefendable spirit damage cheaper than cleave. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I honestly don't recall their parry being the main issue, just their ability to ignore mine, and I definitely didn't shut down RoA fast enough which is probably a big reason for my losses.

I'm having pretty good luck against them on my tank SH so far, but being able to just go ranged and kite em down when things get scary is hard to counter for them.

kmark101

Post#27 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm In group play you have access to armor debuffs from your groupmates. Are you really arguing slayers are weak in groups?

On topic, Slayer is one of the only classes that absolutely shuts my solo roam 2h choosen down in 1v1, it's dirty.
The armor debuff is a minimal help since everyone is geared up with armor so high that even with debuff you will notice only a very very little difference (and I mean as little as +10-15 damage per hit... you regen that back passively). Heck, my 100 grudge IB's dot hits Chosens for 8 damage/tic after full debuff... a little higher for slayers... it's not normal, not fun and definitely not balanced. Now if those dots would consider anything else but phyiscal damage type/armor it would be a totally different story.

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm for damage I try to stick to spirit stuff while debuffing them them for okish dps while I outlast most people
See, that is exactly the topic/issue I'm talking about. Classes who doesn't have access to other damage type but phyisical is at a serious disadvantage. You won't kill anything on your Chosen if not for spirit damage either.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

lefze
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 am

kmark101 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am
Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm In group play you have access to armor debuffs from your groupmates. Are you really arguing slayers are weak in groups?

The armor debuff is a minimal help since everyone is geared up with armor so high that even with debuff you will notice only a very very little difference (and I mean as little as +10-15 damage per hit... you regen that back passively). Heck, my 100 grudge IB's dot hits Chosens for 8 damage/tic after full debuff... a little higher for slayers... it's not normal, not fun and definitely not balanced. Now if those dots would consider anything else but phyiscal damage type/armor it would be a totally different story.

Foomy44 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 pm for damage I try to stick to spirit stuff while debuffing them them for okish dps while I outlast most people
See, that is exactly the topic/issue I'm talking about. Classes who doesn't have access to other damage type but phyisical is at a serious disadvantage. You won't kill anything on your Chosen if not for spirit damage either.
Man, you do realize double armor debuff is a thing? For destro even a tripple armor debuff is a thing for the more ballsy parties. It's a HUGE damage increase even against 5k armor for example. And then we have certain classes sitting at about 50% armor pen from WS on top of that, it's really no joke.

A typical DoK at 4kish armor drops down to about 20% mitigation from armor against a dps with 600 WS and double armor debuff. So you know, not quite 10-15 damage per hit.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Wdova

Post#29 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:11 am

Even Slayer has rampage + RoA, its solo potential is bad compared to other classes. It takes 5 seconds to get to yellow, than You can pop rampage and You are back in green, If you use RoA in this green stance it gonna hit like a wet noodle and HP you recover will be verry low, not to mention RoA can be easilly countered, stagger, knockdown, knockback, WE disingage, choppa AOE pull, marauder AOE interupt, tanks taunt. Its CD is 25s so if RoA is interupted You have 3 options: A) Kite 25s until You can use RoA again, B) Drink all of Your damn pots and pray C) die with honor :D

Not to mention that standard speced solo slayer(RoA,ID,rampage) wont kill any descent healer who know what is detaunt skill.

For solo, I would pick other classes.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

CountTalabecland

Post#30 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:09 pm

The only ppl who would ever consider nerfing anything about Slayers has never tried to play one. Like most solo dps players, the ones you tend to get ganked by are the ones who are pushing it to peak performance via BiS gear and tons of experience/knowledge playing the class. If there was a ever a god mode class that ppl can pick up and be amazing with at killing loners, it is certainly not the Slayer.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.