Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] The Workshop (builds, guides, and discussion)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Engineer] The Workshop (builds, guides, and discussion)

Post#461 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 pm

For a tinkerer support / heal engi :

Go full tinkerer tree as you mention lesti , but you really need to team up with a IB :

Ib gives you +444 willpower buff : noticed your heal around 450 with this buff .

Also , team up with ib gives you more pots options : no need to take the usual armor/toughness pots . In can buff you to 900 armor and 100 toughness all the time (which don't stack with your pots) so you can go for spirit pot instead of armor and willpower pots instead of toughness (if you want to heal) or BS pots of you want to dps .

You can also switch between concussive mine tactic (for Castime debuff) when you face casters , but if there's no caster in the other group go for tangling wire tactic . It's really usefull for magnet engi:

-magnet
-self destruction
-barblewire

This way after magnet destro will be stunned for the next 4 sec , then snared with tangling wire .

Don't forget that if you use concussive mine , you won't be able to use self destruction after cause it has the same immune .

Rotation would be

-magnet
-selfdestruction
-landmine
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Glorian

Post#462 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks Skori. I allways mix up the Landmine and self destruct immunities.

I thought the Willpower buff was a typo. :shock:

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#463 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Glorian wrote:Thanks Skori. I allways mix up the Landmine and self destruct immunities.

for landmine, only stun gives immunity, disorient do not have any immune, that's why it's always better to use it after another same type of immunity (like silence or selfdestruction for exemple)

no it's not a typo : i leveled a IB to 40 just to understand and experiment by myself how IB could improves engineer gameplay.

they really work well together

Karast

Post#464 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Glorian wrote:Thanks Skori. I allways mix up the Landmine and self destruct immunities.

for landmine, only stun gives immunity, disorient do not have any immune, that's why it's always better to use it after another same type of immunity (like silence or selfdestruction for exemple)

no it's not a typo : i leveled a IB to 40 just to understand and experiment by myself how IB could improves engineer gameplay.

Watch and Learn, and Told you so are fantastic for an Engi. Add in a good armor debuff letting you trade gun for bomb, and it's a magical combo.

One thing people overlook with landmine is deep tinker it does good dps, and crits hard with M2. It can be used as an offensive interrupt in a lot of situations, especially with the tactic. The bane of engi is that dots break staggers, and detaunt constantly, but if you get comfortable with giving immensities, and use it as a second interrupt it can work well. Landmine - flash bang - knock back. No group heal on a shaman / zealot for 10s.

Glorian

Post#465 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Aye we tested yesterday the Engi-IB combo and it works quite well.
The Oath Friend Buffs help the Grenade or Tinkerer Engie a lot.

Also some more of our recruits are reaching lvl 40 and I'm telling them to get on the DPS Tinkerer for our Warbands. They are like Fireclowns, only that they must stand near their Flame Turret and have their own Corp Debuff.

Glorian

Post#466 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 pm

lastalien wrote:We need new full aoe dps tinkerer WB Bitterstone's :) in RVR at usual prime time. More AOE Eng in RVR!

this spec
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... 3646:3656:

oc wb - 2*2*2, 2 IB, 2 Eng, 2 RP ;)
Please give your builds:

Renown
Talis
Jewels
Set

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#467 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Karast wrote:
Grunbag wrote:

Watch and Learn, and Told you so are fantastic for an Engi. Add in a good armor debuff letting you trade gun for bomb, and it's a magical combo.

One thing people overlook with landmine is deep tinker it does good dps, and crits hard with M2. It can be used as an offensive interrupt in a lot of situations, especially with the tactic. The bane of engi is that dots break staggers, and detaunt constantly, but if you get comfortable with giving immensities, and use it as a second interrupt it can work well. Landmine - flash bang - knock back. No group heal on a shaman / zealot for 10s.
True ! It is good to know ! But I rather use self destruction instead of landmine because with self destruction healer can't move or cast anything for the next 4 second which it's quite long . Unfortunately we have to chose between mine and self destruction .

lastalien

Post#468 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 am

Glorian wrote:
Please give your builds:

Renown
Talis
Jewels
Set
My Eng pretty small. 40/27, but i can use him in this spec. I am exping mostly SW and BW now.
Engineer, about which I spoke and who followed my advice on the spec is Novik (aka Burya, aka Luchs). You can look at him in Armory.
You need cap of BS and max possible WS, and max crit if you have high RR. It is glass cannon with guard and heal (2/2/2).
This eng spec and 2/2/2 party - ideal for keep attack and defence (IMHO). But you need more then 2 eng for good effect. I think it will work well from 2-3 parties - 4-6 eng under guard and heal.
Of course it is desirable that the IB would give 10 crit to the engineer under the guard for more dps (you need more then 40%+ crit under IB at high lvl RR).
This spec is very useful because if you stick together you always have a lot of AP for any of your actions. A lot of AP for better DPS, a lot of AP for your heals.

Skill Rotation : LR + FB + Spam BB, then repeat, Sorry, but you have not time for any other skills for best dps. OC you need magnet before. Only in Flame turret we trust :)
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Ads
Asherdoom

[Engineer] The Workshop (builds, guides, and discussion)

Post#469 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:31 pm

so far eng i grenadier got a sense or is better make support engi with heal+aoe snare? in siege scenarios in open RVR i cannot see the sense of it :O

Glorian

Post#470 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Asherdoom wrote:so far eng i grenadier got a sense or is better make support engi with heal+aoe snare? in siege scenarios in open RVR i cannot see the sense of it :O
What sense you dont see?
A tinkerer in open warfare?

Answer:
A Tinkerer in open warfare has his disadvantage. But as soon as there are there some terrain features you can get more deadly. And in Keep Sieges or defences you really shine.