Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChicagoJoe

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#241 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm

Any love for avalanche? I haven't played with it recently, thinking about its city utility.

Any thoughts on swapping out punishing knock for avalanche for 4th tactic? I run 6 piece def sov in city with 2 piece warlord. Still plenty of survivability but I am working to get that 7th piece for the parry block boost. (Kinda wish I didn't get as many other warlord/off sov pieces for 2H play). I find that when chasing my guarded dps around I get out of range tagging enemy healers with punishing knock.

Since it is cleansible is it really that helpful? I've heard different takes on it.

When I get 7th piece Sov is it worth dropping shield mastery and going 3 tree for crit boost?

Would avalanche proc enough to replace G&M? That could allow for some different build experimentation.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Drozen

Post#242 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:09 pm

For smaller scale game play in Orvr it's a must, if just doing "normal" static wb's prob not as needed.. replaced by TYS then. For city it's not as good either, wish i could have it with that said but there is simply no room for it. Avalanche proc's frequently enough in orvr, city is 50/50 since you need a disrupt for it to work. So depends on what you facing & role.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Drozen

Post#243 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Crenshaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am Guys whats currently BIS for smallscale 2h IB in terms of gear?

I've been missing for over a year, and now when i returned to my Ironbreaker, i noticed steep increase in everyone's surivalibity, or maybe just my damage dealing capabilites diminished over time. It feels like IB hits like wet noodle and im trying to figure out best gear combo to be back in line with others. Currently im almost rr80, and my stats without rugged tactic look like that (RR: 4 parry, 4 dodge/disrupt, 3 FS, 2str, 2 wounds, 1 ini):

Currently im useing 4pc Warlord, 3pc Invader, 3pc Beastlord, 2pc Genesis and Earthshatter. Im working towards scenario and fort twohanders, senti jewel and farm royal crests for...well i dont know now really. Previously i tought that going for 6-7pc Warlord, 2-3pc Sentinel would be way to go but it will net me marginal increase in stats, and ill even lose some. Obviously i didnt test 7pc defensive proc yet on smallscale, and 2 points in masteries would allow me to run either Told ya so! or Avalanche + Punishing Knock, but really i have a feeling that +2masteries would be most noticeable during solo play, couse they allow to run every important skill and still leave 1 flexible masterie for tactic of choice.
For group play tho i feel like 29 masteries would be enough and i should focus much more on strenght, since novadays trying to cc target that is in unconvenient position and can parry is pointless without higher amount of parry striketrough. Also i dunno if its possible anymore to get meaningfull amount of WS without dropping STR to some abysymal level. Maybe 4pc Warlord, 2pc Off Sov, 2pc Sovereign + Fort/SC weapon is the way to go?

Id like to hear your opinions on gearing IB in 2021 to stay relevant as 2h for smallman gameplay.

EDIT: I changed few pieces around and came up with temporary gear solution that works better. 2pc Oppressor, 2pc Invader and 4pc Warlord, this way i have around 570 ws, 760 str, 810 wounds and 260 ini unbuffed. That extra strenght really helps a lot. I also got rid of both Rugged and Ancestral Inheritance permamently for 2h spec. I have enough armor without it anyway and those were dead tactics that didnt add anything to my gameplay, instead now i have 4 flex spots for more intresting tactics to use. For now it seems imo that 4pc warlord, 3pc off sov, 2pc sentinel is the way to go.
Enjoying the 3p Vic + rest WL with Sent jewel & 2x warrior. Good balance of pew pew & tankyness.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber