Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jhwieser

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#221 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:41 pm

hammerhead wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm I've always been surprised by people asking for ready-made builds. This is almost the most enjoyable part of any MMO. It's like buying a movie ticket and not going.
I have fiddled around with the 2H build that I personally will probably end up using, but I like to know the consensus as sometimes I worry I overvalue/undervalue certain things.
84 BG
4x IB

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#222 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm

jhwieser wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:41 pm
hammerhead wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm I've always been surprised by people asking for ready-made builds. This is almost the most enjoyable part of any MMO. It's like buying a movie ticket and not going.
I have fiddled around with the 2H build that I personally will probably end up using, but I like to know the consensus as sometimes I worry I overvalue/undervalue certain things.
I was thinking the same till I actually tried it. Ok, it was only Sentinel set but still it gave me understanding - best what IB can become with 2h is a hammerer - a heavy armored defensive infantry unit with some damaging capabilities. Due to insane amount of parry you will outlast many melees unless they have regeneration but rdps will kill you easily. You have your niche but it is very specific. Although I got best 2h axe for IB and Str armor and Talis I feel like I wasted my time farming them - my Slayer does the job way better.

Long story short - tank is for tanking.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

jhwieser

Post#223 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Anyone have a recommended build for solo roaming on IB? How would this build change if it's an IB + WP duo roam? I love solo roaming on my BG and I have a friend who plays WP and I'm almost 40 on my IB now.

I'm thinking something like this:

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
84 BG
4x IB

NSKaneda

Post#224 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:25 pm

This was my old 2h gobbo hunter build, you need good toughness from gear to run it (at least full sentinel).

This is Linebreaker offensive snb

You can exchange crit tactic for rising anger or armour one to tune it a bit to your playstyle, both work with solo roaming. You can experiment with g&b but you need end game armour to have enough points for everything you need :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

jhwieser

Post#225 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:28 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:25 pm This was my old 2h gobbo hunter build, you need good toughness from gear to run it (at least full sentinel).

You can exchange crit tactic for rising anger or armour one to tune it a bit to your playstyle, both work with solo roaming. You can experiment with g&b but you need end game armour to have enough points for everything you need :)
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I am expecting to need BL, WL, or Sov stuff to really be effective with this. You think the heal debuff is needed if I'm rolling with a WP that will have one?
84 BG
4x IB

Jildaz

Post#226 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Its a different Heal debuff.

Drop the Parry buff, it cost too much grudge for small scale and your dps will highly drop if you constantly buff it.
I guess you will not have to use the self heal with a duo WP.
dont swap crit tactic, its one of the best for offensive build imo.

I'll go https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3742,3768

Switch heal debuff tactic before engaging against healer, outgoing debuff with IB and ingoing debuff with WP stacks, so you'll be able to burst a healer down.

Enjoy the most funny class to play ^^ (but not the most efficient, in a Skill / efficiency ratio)
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

hammerhead

Post#227 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Jildaz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm Its a different Heal debuff.

Drop the Parry buff, it cost too much grudge for small scale and your dps will highly drop if you constantly buff it.
I guess you will not have to use the self heal with a duo WP.
dont swap crit tactic, its one of the best for offensive build imo.

I'll go https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3742,3768

Switch heal debuff tactic before engaging against healer, outgoing debuff with IB and ingoing debuff with WP stacks, so you'll be able to burst a healer down.

Enjoy the most funny class to play ^^ (but not the most efficient, in a Skill / efficiency ratio)
Why switch tactics? You can not take the Touch for a small scale and transfer from RA to DR, since the WP will be a priority target for everyone. Like this

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
(\|)o0(|/)

NSKaneda

Post#228 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:36 pm

jhwieser wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:28 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:25 pm
Spoiler:
This was my old 2h gobbo hunter build, you need good toughness from gear to run it (at least full sentinel).

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I am expecting to need BL, WL, or Sov stuff to really be effective with this. You think the heal debuff is needed if I'm rolling with a WP that will have one?

Heal debuff is always needed on every class, especially for roaming ;)

I keep avalanche for gap closing purposes, learned it the hard way while duelling sorcs, magi and shamans (plus shaman dot is free speed buff and they can't run away from earthshatter - punishing blow - cave-in - grudge born fury combo).
For offensive snb it's the same deal but you can swap Avalanche for extra armour (or +160 toughness if you're still a lowbie).

You can start experimenting with 2h when you get full sentinel (those bonuses really come in handy for 2h builds), for offensive snb it's full conq+ but you can have some fun with 6 Beastlord + 3 conq combo as well.

For low rank this is Warband defensive snb - build your grudges with shield sweep and limit the use of rune-etched axe not to give away free immunities. You can train your behaviour by swapping Powered Etchings for Rugged, it'll give you safe buffer to practice :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Ads
Charon

Post#229 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:42 pm

hmm what do you think about giving "Youz see me bloc dat" tactic version for ib ? I think it would fix a lot of issues with IB.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

NSKaneda

Post#230 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Charon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:42 pm hmm what do you think about giving "Youz see me bloc dat" tactic for ib ? I think it would fix a lot of issues with IB.

My only issue with how IB is right now is the nerf to shield sweep + furious reprisal combo - ppl complained and instead of aoe CD increaser IBs get single target one while Black Orks get to use theirs on everyone 30ft around. Then ofcourse there's Oath Buddy not working with out of party non-selected targets. Rest of IB is working fine in my opinion.