Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Crenshaw

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#231 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am

Guys whats currently BIS for smallscale 2h IB in terms of gear?

I've been missing for over a year, and now when i returned to my Ironbreaker, i noticed steep increase in everyone's surivalibity, or maybe just my damage dealing capabilites diminished over time. It feels like IB hits like wet noodle and im trying to figure out best gear combo to be back in line with others. Currently im almost rr80, and my stats without rugged tactic look like that (RR: 4 parry, 4 dodge/disrupt, 3 FS, 2str, 2 wounds, 1 ini):

Currently im useing 4pc Warlord, 3pc Invader, 3pc Beastlord, 2pc Genesis and Earthshatter. Im working towards scenario and fort twohanders, senti jewel and farm royal crests for...well i dont know now really. Previously i tought that going for 6-7pc Warlord, 2-3pc Sentinel would be way to go but it will net me marginal increase in stats, and ill even lose some. Obviously i didnt test 7pc defensive proc yet on smallscale, and 2 points in masteries would allow me to run either Told ya so! or Avalanche + Punishing Knock, but really i have a feeling that +2masteries would be most noticeable during solo play, couse they allow to run every important skill and still leave 1 flexible masterie for tactic of choice.
For group play tho i feel like 29 masteries would be enough and i should focus much more on strenght, since novadays trying to cc target that is in unconvenient position and can parry is pointless without higher amount of parry striketrough. Also i dunno if its possible anymore to get meaningfull amount of WS without dropping STR to some abysymal level. Maybe 4pc Warlord, 2pc Off Sov, 2pc Sovereign + Fort/SC weapon is the way to go?

Id like to hear your opinions on gearing IB in 2021 to stay relevant as 2h for smallman gameplay.

EDIT: I changed few pieces around and came up with temporary gear solution that works better. 2pc Oppressor, 2pc Invader and 4pc Warlord, this way i have around 570 ws, 760 str, 810 wounds and 260 ini unbuffed. That extra strenght really helps a lot. I also got rid of both Rugged and Ancestral Inheritance permamently for 2h spec. I have enough armor without it anyway and those were dead tactics that didnt add anything to my gameplay, instead now i have 4 flex spots for more intresting tactics to use. For now it seems imo that 4pc warlord, 3pc off sov, 2pc sentinel is the way to go.

Ads
Gothmoq

Post#232 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Did u get any update ?

ashton007

Post#233 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:11 pm

Crenshaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am Guys whats currently BIS for smallscale 2h IB in terms of gear?

I've been missing for over a year, and now when i returned to my Ironbreaker, i noticed steep increase in everyone's surivalibity, or maybe just my damage dealing capabilites diminished over time. It feels like IB hits like wet noodle and im trying to figure out best gear combo to be back in line with others. Currently im almost rr80, and my stats without rugged tactic look like that (RR: 4 parry, 4 dodge/disrupt, 3 FS, 2str, 2 wounds, 1 ini):

Currently im useing 4pc Warlord, 3pc Invader, 3pc Beastlord, 2pc Genesis and Earthshatter. Im working towards scenario and fort twohanders, senti jewel and farm royal crests for...well i dont know now really. Previously i tought that going for 6-7pc Warlord, 2-3pc Sentinel would be way to go but it will net me marginal increase in stats, and ill even lose some. Obviously i didnt test 7pc defensive proc yet on smallscale, and 2 points in masteries would allow me to run either Told ya so! or Avalanche + Punishing Knock, but really i have a feeling that +2masteries would be most noticeable during solo play, couse they allow to run every important skill and still leave 1 flexible masterie for tactic of choice.
For group play tho i feel like 29 masteries would be enough and i should focus much more on strenght, since novadays trying to cc target that is in unconvenient position and can parry is pointless without higher amount of parry striketrough. Also i dunno if its possible anymore to get meaningfull amount of WS without dropping STR to some abysymal level. Maybe 4pc Warlord, 2pc Off Sov, 2pc Sovereign + Fort/SC weapon is the way to go?

Id like to hear your opinions on gearing IB in 2021 to stay relevant as 2h for smallman gameplay.

EDIT: I changed few pieces around and came up with temporary gear solution that works better. 2pc Oppressor, 2pc Invader and 4pc Warlord, this way i have around 570 ws, 760 str, 810 wounds and 260 ini unbuffed. That extra strenght really helps a lot. I also got rid of both Rugged and Ancestral Inheritance permamently for 2h spec. I have enough armor without it anyway and those were dead tactics that didnt add anything to my gameplay, instead now i have 4 flex spots for more intresting tactics to use. For now it seems imo that 4pc warlord, 3pc off sov, 2pc sentinel is the way to go.
That you kregan?!?! if so i saw you yesterday welcome back been long time. i would recommend 5pc warlord 3 pc off sov get the hp regen/parry pieces. get the sent ring with melee power in it too.

ashton007

Post#234 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Crenshaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am Guys whats currently BIS for smallscale 2h IB in terms of gear?

That you kregan?!?! if so i saw you yesterday welcome back been long time. i would recommend 5pc warlord 3 pc off sov get the hp regen/parry pieces. get the sent ring with melee power in it too.

Ramlaen

Post#235 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Crenshaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am Currently im almost rr80, and my stats without rugged tactic look like that (RR: 4 parry, 4 dodge/disrupt, 3 FS, 2str, 2 wounds, 1 ini):
I would honestly consider quick escape 1 instead of the str/wounds/init when you hit 80.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Sinisterror

Post#236 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:35 am

Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Crenshaw wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am Currently im almost rr80, and my stats without rugged tactic look like that (RR: 4 parry, 4 dodge/disrupt, 3 FS, 2str, 2 wounds, 1 ini):
I would honestly consider quick escape 1 instead of the str/wounds/init when you hit 80.
I dont see situation where 10 points spend on 3 stats or getting guick escape is even a choice. QE is very good and procs alot + when you start casting Grudge Born Fury and QE procs, the casting dont stop and you get free movement speed for few seconds while dealing dmg. Always loved this even on live where you had odjira etc still i used this on any char that has the 3 second cast 8 sec cooldown melee skill. Free dmg + free movement speed and it helps surprisingly quite a bit.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Crenshaw

Post#237 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 pm That you kregan?!?! if so i saw you yesterday welcome back been long time. i would recommend 5pc warlord 3 pc off sov get the hp regen/parry pieces. get the sent ring with melee power in it too.
Nah mate, my IB is Mordin, but i also saw Kregan around the rvr lakes lately :)
Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:35 am
I dont see situation where 10 points spend on 3 stats or getting guick escape is even a choice. QE is very good and procs alot + when you start casting Grudge Born Fury and QE procs, the casting dont stop and you get free movement speed for few seconds while dealing dmg. Always loved this even on live where you had odjira etc still i used this on any char that has the 3 second cast 8 sec cooldown melee skill. Free dmg + free movement speed and it helps surprisingly quite a bit.
Yeah the reason i put some points into stats is kinda obvioous - 9 points aint any nice round number. At 80 ill either put those 10 points, as you guys suggested' into quick escape, or will try absolutely diffrent route, more oriented towards solo/duo - hp regen build with off sov and warlord, will see. So far i wanted to know what gear combos do IB use now :)

lordnavar

Post#238 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:22 am

Kregan here.
The prob with 2h Ib and warlord set is that i don't like the weaponskill. Our armor pen debuffs are more than enough. I'm thinking go forward the offensive set with 15% crit damage and 6% more crit. Still in gear im vanquisher and farming invader atm so its gona take a while till i can test the armor sets.

Ads
ashton007

Post#239 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Crenshaw wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm
ashton007 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:12 pm That you kregan?!?! if so i saw you yesterday welcome back been long time. i would recommend 5pc warlord 3 pc off sov get the hp regen/parry pieces. get the sent ring with melee power in it too.
Nah mate, my IB is Mordin, but i also saw Kregan around the rvr lakes lately :)
Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:35 am

Yeah the reason i put some points into stats is kinda obvioous - 9 points aint any nice round number. At 80 ill either put those 10 points, as you guys suggested' into quick escape, or will try absolutely diffrent route, more oriented towards solo/duo - hp regen build with off sov and warlord, will see. So far i wanted to know what gear combos do IB use now :)
Definitely try the5 pc warlord. Biggest complaint I see about ib is that the dog is physical and sucks until late game. Warlord gives hefty armor pen and melee power for some nice dps.

ashton007

Post#240 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm

lordnavar wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:22 am Kregan here.
The prob with 2h Ib and warlord set is that i don't like the weaponskill. Our armor pen debuffs are more than enough. I'm thinking go forward the offensive set with 15% crit damage and 6% more crit. Still in gear im vanquisher and farming invader atm so its gona take a while till i can test the armor sets.
I would consider it brother. Armor values are high now and every heal stacks it.