Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eathisword

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#91 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm

99% of the time I play Grumble'n'mutter spec, with Earthshatter, Runic shield and PK. Then I grab Ancestror's Fury and CI in vengeance. The 1% remaining is 6v6 where i grab the parry instead of G'n'M, which is about 5 games in 2 years.

As for buff management, its just about rotation. I keep armor buff 100%, the rest is situational. Every other ability is always Heavy Blow or Binding Grudge to maximize sustain dps. I cast buff and CC in between those.

A standard rotation look like : Binding Grudge + Guarded Attack + Heavy blow + Inspired attack + heavy blow + Stone breaker + binding grudge + Runic shield + heavy blow +... and so on. I only pop stuff like ancestror's fury when my dps and/or me are going for burst kill. And I try to plan CC 4-5 seconds ahead as to keep maximum pressure.

Edit : use downtime, like when you chase Morfee, to cast stuff like Stubborn as Stone, Runic shield and AF, this way you dont have to lose GCD when you get in melee range (i.e. not against Morfee).

Side tip for G'n'm, always buff with inspiring attack at 100 grudge before casting. That extra 300 willpower equates to nearly 2k more health over 30s. And try to refresh Ancestror's fury during the 30s as it can make the heal crit.

Cheers !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Vajazzle24

Post#92 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Volgograd,

I'm new to the server. Not enough posts to send you a PM so figured I'd post here. I have a 35 IB but only like 30 RR ATM. Just got ruin so going to go SnB until I get some ranks. I run with my girlfriend (RP) and buddy (Slayer) ATM. I've been following your suggestions and have a few questions.

First is as a new player should I go with tome jewelry set since it's easy? If so which? We finished winds impervious but will go a different set of you think it would be better.

Talismans I see you and others run armor. Would this be best approach with someone who is new?

Other than those two I think I have most figured out in terms of temp. Would love to hear your opinions!

-Vajazzlezz
Vajazzle <Montague> 40/48 WL
Vajazzlezz <Montague> 40/35 IB

Equinsu Ocha <Molon Labe> 40/54 WE (currently playing)

Eathisword

Post#93 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Vajazzle24 wrote:Volgograd,

I'm new to the server. Not enough posts to send you a PM so figured I'd post here. I have a 35 IB but only like 30 RR ATM. Just got ruin so going to go SnB until I get some ranks. I run with my girlfriend (RP) and buddy (Slayer) ATM. I've been following your suggestions and have a few questions.

First is as a new player should I go with tome jewelry set since it's easy? If so which? We finished winds impervious but will go a different set of you think it would be better.

Talismans I see you and others run armor. Would this be best approach with someone who is new?

Other than those two I think I have most figured out in terms of temp. Would love to hear your opinions!

-Vajazzlezz
I am not particularly knowledgeable for group spec. Although some things are pretty clear :
1- Winds Impervious set is obviously the best tank jewels if you are not a knight. Resists are KING.
2- Avoidance is the most important thing. Parry or block, dodge and disrupt are best use for all renown points. If you like tryhard 6 man stuff, save 10 points for Resolute Defense also (I personally wish it was not in the game, so I do not use it).
3- More strength doesn't equate to more damage in game although it does on paper. I see TONS of offensive full strength tanks do no damage because they are always dead and have poor rotation. Its important to understand that going from 500 to 1000 strength won'T double your damage for numerous reason : a) a good chunk of it comes from Auto-attack which scale poorly of strength, b) your 2 biggest damage dealer (Earthshatter and Punishing Blow) don'T scale of strength at all.

As for armor, I only recently tried armor talis, so I could move out the Armor tactic to use Seen it all Before instead. I also tried full resist talis, full strength, full toughness, full WS. I have no clear answer on what works best. All have advantages and drawbacks. Ideally I want full defensive armor with strength talisman but introduction of the new sets made it very hard to obtain BiS defensive armor. So for now I mess around. When I get 5-6 pieces of conqueror, I will definitely go back to full defensive armor + strength talis. Will probably happen around Christmas lol
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#94 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:36 am

Volko, any advice how high should I stack ini and with what exactly? I know about The Winds Impervious, but what more and how? I'm thinking about running in 2 ani (with shoulders reducing the crit in me), 2 dominator with belt and rest beastlord.

Also, another itemization question - which 2h weapons do you recommend?

Ofc suggestions from other people are welcome :).

Eathisword

Post#95 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:24 am

Hargrim wrote:Volko, any advice how high should I stack ini and with what exactly? I know about The Winds Impervious, but what more and how? I'm thinking about running in 2 ani (with shoulders reducing the crit in me), 2 dominator with belt and rest beastlord.

Also, another itemization question - which 2h weapons do you recommend?

Ofc suggestions from other people are welcome :).
I don't know much about initiative stack. I ran 99% of my RoR time without thinking about it at all, with roughly 15-18% chance to be crit. Only recently have I start running 250+ intiative. I get most of it from Winds jewels set (+32 i think) and rest from Earthsplit (+29 ?). It is imo the best weapon. The +10% avoidance proc is awesome. Scen weapons is best for damage, with crit and AP. Then if i want more ini, i use 1-2 talis or renown. I have never used Crit reduction much, so I dont know about that. I am also not so sure I like ''wasting'' stuff on initiative yet. Just testing for the moment.

There is a million gear combo now. Pretty much everything can work. I personally like having 4 pieces dominator atm for the 7% reduce chance to be parried which helps a lot since IB has no way to debuff avoidance on enemy.

Also, when running with a knight, the genesis jewels are more useful imo than Winds since resist are taken care of. With 3 genesis, you can have a total of 10% reduced chance to be parried, = initiave with the +36 ini genesis piece and much more strength/melee power.

I'd also like some ideas from others. I know Kegan runs a very different spec/gear than I do and puts it to good use.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

TenTonHammer

Post#96 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:13 pm

So ive been tryin to decide if i want to go 2H or SnB spec, the problem is i dont really know how to spec for SnB besides GnM, earthshatter and the initiative+ parry buff is their anything else i need?

What tactic do i use?

nocturnalguest

Post#97 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:26 pm

For SnB
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
Pretty much this, a starter pack. At more rr level you take Runic Shield, Punishing Knock.
For tactics i dont know, i run full def

TenTonHammer

Post#98 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:54 pm

nocturnalguest wrote:For SnB
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
Pretty much this, a starter pack. At more rr level you take Runic Shield, Punishing Knock.
For tactics i dont know, i run full def

I was always told that oathstone was a bad ability

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#99 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 pm

I ran that spec for a while and can assure you that:
- uptime is ok.
- no grudge for its use, so can be activated right before you engage.
- block becomes almost as m2 (cant remember numbers, as i log ill post).
The only cons is damage, this ability is a save button, not a damage one. Randomness and mitigation from this makes its damage affect completly useless. So i used it only than i needed that block incease not paying attention to the level of grudges

krocik

Help for newbie

Post#100 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am

Hello guys, i recently starded play on RoR as an IB. Since i am new to this game, i dont have much info about nearly anything. So as i said, i pick up IB, cause i like the lore and look of dwarves. I would like, if someone helpfull could provide me with "basic guide" to this class. I found lots of builds here (i prefere 2H), so this is not problem at all, but i dont know which gear to get (and when), which talismans use, rotation, and things like that, anything come up to your minds. So if sombeody could sumarize this to me, i will be glad, and perhaps any new IB player ;) Maybe this guide is somwhere already...in that case, just point me there and ignore this. Many thanks :)