Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eathisword

Re: Help for newbie

Post#101 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 am

krocik wrote:Hello guys, i recently starded play on RoR as an IB. Since i am new to this game, i dont have much info about nearly anything. So as i said, i pick up IB, cause i like the lore and look of dwarves. I would like, if someone helpfull could provide me with "basic guide" to this class. I found lots of builds here (i prefere 2H), so this is not problem at all, but i dont know which gear to get (and when), which talismans use, rotation, and things like that, anything come up to your minds. So if sombeody could sumarize this to me, i will be glad, and perhaps any new IB player ;) Maybe this guide is somwhere already...in that case, just point me there and ignore this. Many thanks :)
I have numerous guides for 2H IB on my youtube channel. You can find the last one here :
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
krocik

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#102 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 am

Thanks mate, this is exactly what i was looking for ;)

g2knee

Post#103 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:19 pm

I see over and over builds for defensive S&B IBs, and offensive/DPS 2h builds -- but is there a space for a balanced Ironbreaker? One that is decently survivable but able to do at least mediocre damage and bother enemies?

1. What would happen if you were to try and balance stats (wounds, toughness, WS, Str)...would you be able to handle any situation decently, or just suck at everything?

2. Is there any place for a viable 2h IB that specs for defense and survivability? (so you do OK damage weapon-wise, but are hard to kill) or is there space for a shield-toting IB that stacks STR and offensive stats (so you get the benefit of a block and the shield abilities, but can hit hard with your weapon?)

Eathisword

Post#104 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 pm

g2knee wrote:I see over and over builds for defensive S&B IBs, and offensive/DPS 2h builds -- but is there a space for a balanced Ironbreaker? One that is decently survivable but able to do at least mediocre damage and bother enemies?

1. What would happen if you were to try and balance stats (wounds, toughness, WS, Str)...would you be able to handle any situation decently, or just suck at everything?

2. Is there any place for a viable 2h IB that specs for defense and survivability? (so you do OK damage weapon-wise, but are hard to kill) or is there space for a shield-toting IB that stacks STR and offensive stats (so you get the benefit of a block and the shield abilities, but can hit hard with your weapon?)
A good 2H spec should have you somewhat difficult to kill. Going retarded offensive doesn'T work very well for IB. I tried it with fluffyplatypus (1050 strength, max crit), it sucked really bad. Whether you go 2H or SnB, for balance you want roughly = strength and toughness, big resists, lots of parry/block and lots of dodge/disrupt. For more defense, lower strength and get reduce chance to be crit.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

TenTonHammer

Post#105 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

@Earthisword

What destro class gives you the most trouble?

Eathisword

Post#106 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:36 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:@Earthisword

What destro class gives you the most trouble?
In which context?

In 1vX, I ´d say it is not class specific. I have trouble vs better player than me, and there are a lot. I ´ve been beat 1v1 by every class except maybe zealot.

In group fights, Def Chosen are the hardest: they have access to their CC faster, they have better cc, mainly punt, and they have very high avoidance, so they are tough to cc.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

g2knee

Post#107 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Need advice for tanky tank. I just turned lv 30, and quickly realized I can't completely ignore STR..because my abilities are blocked and parried way too often! How to combat so many mdps stacking parry and such? Just add Str?

Also, for tactics I am running Ancestral Inheritance, Rugged, and Rising Anger. Question is, if I choose to swap something, which is more important to keep: Ancestral Inheritance or Rugged? (armor or toughness?)

Lastly, need good build for low 30's once I hit T4. I know that its hard for low lv tanks in T4, so I want to be as tough as possible. Right now I just took GnM (since it seems neat) and Earthshatter in brotherhood. I'm thinking I go up the other tree instead and grab that +Parry ability and "shield mastery", but it means I have to swap one of my tactics that I love! (see above). Thoughts?

Volgograd, I love you vids and value your advice -- but please all other ppl with IB experience let me know your thoughts too.

Thanks!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#108 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Str won't affect parry or block from Renown Abilities or gear (like +1% parry or block), it affects only parry from WS and block from block ratio on shield.

Ads
g2knee

Post#109 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Hargrim wrote:Str won't affect parry or block from Renown Abilities or gear (like +1% parry or block), it affects only parry from WS and block from block ratio on shield.
Well that's interesting. It couldn't be easy, could it? :) I know a good portion of parry/block comes from Renown abilities, so adding more str CAN help, but not as much as I think. Any other suggestions for Mitigating a T3 marauder with 47% parry for example?

Any build advice for the previous post?

Eathisword

Post#110 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:23 am

Tbh, you will get parried and blocked a lot. IB is one of few tank (BO is same i think?) that has no mean of bypassing/reducing block or parry. We have no debuff/buff to help us in this regard. So, just try and position as much as possible outside the cone/arc of defense.

For tactic, I think Rugged is more valuable that Ancestral I, because 160 toughness is = to 7 x +24 toughness talis (or 2 x +80 toughness potion). While 660 armor, is = to only 4 x 180 armor talis (or 1 x 660 armor potion).

To be tough tough, ditch GnM. Respec in Path of stone and go for the parry buff and shield mastery tactic. If you want to drop a tactic to play a defensive IB, in the setup you describe with a shield, ditch Rising Anger. Possibly AI too. And use Seasoned Veteran and Shield Mastery (you can get it at 30).

Then as you level, you can regain the cool stuff in Brotherhood.

For stats, just go all in toughness. No point in mixing a bit of strength to go from 350 to 400 for example. Won'T help at all. From experience, you start seeing good return of investment in strength after you pass 650.

GL m8 !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.