Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#121 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 am

Crit defense stacking from futile strikes and the like is countered by ini debuffs

Additionally just becuase you have 0% chance to be crit dosnt mean 0 as the enemy player could have 10-30% chance to crit

So you know their are various factors like that to consider

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#122 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:36 am

Yes, getting ini and 0 chance to crit is key factor now.
By the way, talking about gear for SnB and what one should aim for: conq>2 conq + 2 anni + 2 rare>rare>2 anni+ 3 ruin>ruin.
CountTalabecland wrote:I think the 39/39 scen one is still preferable because of its flat 2% bonus to block and it has a comparable block rating.
That bonus is no longer "flat" one because its not 2% actually (depends on target hitting you) and Inf shield has got way higher stats, so i suppose its way better now than SC 39/39 shield
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CountTalabecland

Post#123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:42 pm

[/quote]That bonus is no longer "flat" one because its not 2% actually (depends on target hitting you) and Inf shield has got way higher stats, so i suppose its way better now than SC 39/39 shield[/quote]

This makes sense. So the only shields with higher block rating than the 39/39 would be subjagator, conq medallion shield, and the inf shield? Is there a pve/rare one that might be easier to get a hold of?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

nocturnalguest

Post#124 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:32 pm

Yes guess so, im testing inf shield and i feel tougher.
About other shields I don't know mate, some PvE 35-39 purple items should exist but i haven't seen them so i dont know whats the stats and are they viable.

DokB

Post#125 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 am

What are currently the best talis to run in a 2h IB for 6v6 or smallman roaming?

Has much changed with how you should specifically gear a 2h IB with the recent changes to how parry/block/dodge/disrupt is calculated or is it much the same? Obviously reduced chance to be crit is still essential but I'd like to hear from IB's who played pre and post patch.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

nocturnalguest

Post#126 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 am

God of min/max is Volgo, so check him on talis or search for his posts, he explained what stats to aim. Iirc ~650 toughness, close to 300 ini, soft cap resists, armor talis to remove 660 armor tactic.
Send a pm to Peter, he runs 6v6 with IB (Giggs)
Or do like me, get yourself your own excel file, copy there sets/items and make a stat doll to experiment between offensive / defensive stats and talis
Answering your question about formulas changes - I'd say for 2h nothing changed much, beside more parry from WS which is good, cause most mix domi and BL. Change hit hard on low RR deftard snb tanks who now can't lend a hit, for rest it's pretty much the same

nailinthehead

Post#127 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Personally I have a feeling that recent changes in dots calculation quite significantly diminished IBs damage output.

nocturnalguest

Post#128 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Well haven't been running 2h since change, but with snb I haven't seen any significant amount of parry on heavy blow. Heavy blow is very short duration, so it should not be that much of an issue.
Haven't noticed parry on Punishing blow too, feels strange, need some tests

Ads
Eathisword

Post#129 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:11 am

DokB wrote:What are currently the best talis to run in a 2h IB for 6v6 or smallman roaming?

Has much changed with how you should specifically gear a 2h IB with the recent changes to how parry/block/dodge/disrupt is calculated or is it much the same? Obviously reduced chance to be crit is still essential but I'd like to hear from IB's who played pre and post patch.
Blah, my 2 cents is : don't use my build for 6v6. It's design to fight multiple enemies alone. Imo, you have 2 decent choices : a full 6v6 build and a hybrid 6 man build.
In both case, this spec should work :
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker For RR60+, RR70 for full build.
If you have less than RR60, you can use a more offensive spec that lose on utility with
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Then, if 6 man with 2H IB, Imma asssume you have access to another tank and somekind of resist buff. If you're doing 6v6, get max parry and rest in reduce chance to be crit with renown points. No use in getting disrupt/dodge as there are just about 0 casters in 6v6. Get around 500-550 toughness and everything else in strength (aim for a 750/500 strength/toughness ratio for 6v6, the extra strength helps get through parry now). With crit tactic + 10% crit AF + scen weapon + gear (dom boots) you get at least a respectable +32% crit chance. With BeastLord 5 pieces, 20 renown in parry + Oathbound, should net you around 65% parry. And have you set good in 6v6.

For roaming, you need to get more defensive gear probably (I like 5 Beastlord and 4 conq). I'd shoot for an even 600-600 toughness/strength ratio. 20 renown in parry, 10 in deft defender (you can use 20 points here if you have them, but the willpower buff helps million since change), then rest in crit reduction stuff. The Epic weapon with the defensive proc is somewhat better in RvR than the scen weapon as the damage you take is more random and your own damage is less relevant. For scenario, definitely use scen weapon : the damage boost is noticeable.

As a side note, playing around with Avalanche tactic is really fun now, as dot tick disrupt proc it all the time and makes you be a charging juggernaut at random. Its pretty cool. Oh and no, I don'T feel that damage has gone down in relation to others. I still do the same relative damage I was doing vs the opponents i am used to fight against.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Dutchpower

Post#130 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

It seems that most SnB builds are not doable anymore (missing 1 mastery point for all of them) since I came back (haven't played in a year).

1. What is the go to mastery spec for SnB IB these days?
2. What should I spend renown on?
3. What gear should I get and where do I get it?