Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
g2knee

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#111 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks much! It clears things up. I'm only lv 30, but I would LOVE to have even 350 str. Right now it is an abysmal 157. I'm not sure if there is a "too low" but it seems pretty bad. For pure defensive (like I feel I need when I first go to T4) it probably doesn't matter though.

Ads
g2knee

Post#112 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm

It's me again. My tanky-tank build has worked well while I was just entering T4. You know, as a tank first entering T4, you are squishy as hell. The previous build advice helped me not suck horribly.

Now I need to evolve a little as I approach close to 40. I want to stay as SnB, because I like it, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I am hitting with a wiffle bat. If I am smacking a squishy destro, I want to at least force the healer on their team to stop and heal them a little. Know what I mean?

So -- is it as simple as stacking a bit more Str and switching out for some offensive tactics? There are 2 offensive tactics I know -- one adds 15% damage but takes away survivability. The other adds % to crit if over 50 grudge. Are one of these better than the other in your opinion?

I'm not terrible worried about being tough since as a SnB tank people usually ignore me until everyone else is dead. What other advice can be helpful to boost my threat to other players?

nocturnalguest

Post#113 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: block becomes almost as m2 (cant remember numbers, as i log ill post).
Tooltip says "almost guaranteed to block". In practice thats +800% to block.

Aehnur

Post#114 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 am

I'm currently doing the dwarf T4 epic quest and wondering which 1 hand i should take. Wrath stats seem nice but AP proc seems kinda useless with Grudge Unleashed. Which one would be better ?
ATM I'm only cr 36 with full Ruin, Sundered rings and 2 rings from The Divided set.

nocturnalguest

Post#115 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Get wind impervious jewelry, pretty mandatory as starter (it's tok unlock). Wrath is a good choice for orvr, for epic quests rewards pick 2h axe (earthsplit), cause it's on par even with top stuff. So basically that one is the only mandatory choice. I'm so sad I haven't pick Carnage for da looks...
A question for fellow ironbreakers:
With recent changes of formulas now t4 inf shield (emp) with 370 block rating and 35 toughness / wounds is much better than 39/39 SC one, correct?

CountTalabecland

Post#116 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:32 pm

I will have to look at it (though I think I salvaged that shield long ago :D), but I think the 39/39 scen one is still preferable because of its flat 2% bonus to block and it has a comparable block rating. Of course subjagator is the best rvr shield but good luck ever getting a bag.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#117 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm

On a related note, with x4 Defender, the 3% block jewel, shield master, and the 39/39 shield, my block rating in the character window is maxing at 30%. Is that a respectable amount of block? I am in half beastlord and half dominator but I still feel somewhat squishy (especially against mdps). I have 550 (unbuffed) toughness and soft capped resists (with the corp resist buff up).
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Eathisword

Post#118 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:51 pm

First, you need to look at ini and chance to be crit. IB is very bad at this. I needed to invest 40-45 renown points in those 2 things to get anything going. Around 250 ini and 0% chance to be crit feels like its worth it now (I didn't feel that way when anni was cap gear). Best defense investment at this point in the gear progression imo. I tested agasint full parry/dodge/disrupt... and I prefer reduce crit and ini by a mile. Vs melee we got parry buff + WS buff and Inspiring attack now buff disrupt by a significant amount since last defense formula change. + with SnB, you have access to HtL to save your ass vs rdps.

Then, 550 toughness for a SnB tank is laughable. Shield won't save you ever if you are getting crit for over 1k every 2-3 attack. I generally run 650 at least. Ideally (never happens cough cough) above 750.

And finally, big armor always help vs mdps regardless of what everyone says. Whenever I run below 5k (with buff), I hate my life.

My 2 cents. Block and parry, even if lower, will do their job decently regardless, mainly saving you from guard damage.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Britainnicus

Post#119 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 am

Is crit reduction even working? I have ran with 0% chance to be crit and get crit attacks constantly. Survivability is way down as opposed to dispel/block/parry build, at least for me.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#120 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:38 am

Britainnicus wrote:Is crit reduction even working? I have ran with 0% chance to be crit and get crit attacks constantly. Survivability is way down as opposed to dispel/block/parry build, at least for me.
For order probably it is, but destruction facing all those order crit chances ability bumps order has... i doubt it.