Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#181 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Asherdoom wrote:so basically no knock back for AOE snare? and healdebuff isn't something BW and lions should put on target instead of us? so we can take also dwarf racial increased armor )so we benefit from armor+though tactics)
My bad. The aoe punt tactic isnt that great. Maybe for orvr it isnt terrible, but Earthshatter is far better if you want an aoe snare.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Eathisword

Post#182 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Asherdoom wrote:so basically no knock back for AOE snare? and healdebuff isn't something BW and lions should put on target instead of us? so we can take also dwarf racial increased armor )so we benefit from armor+though tactics)
bloodi and Godless are right. The AoE KB+snare is garbage. Earthshatter is much better + does more damage. Then Bloodi is right for PK (heal debuff) as a game changer in PuG scen. You can even roll on average premade with it alone. I would go with something like this, though, available at rank 40, no renown required :
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Now you can change tactic based on what's going on. For example, you can ditch Armor tactic for avalanche if you fight lots of casters. Swap out Punihsing knock (heal debuff) and use Seen it All before for WB play, where mobility might be better than close range heal debuff... You can also ditch Rugged when you're geared out proper and sit at 750-800 toughness without it. And so on.

Since the defensive check change, I would never spec without Avalanche nowadays. It gives you incredible mobility to follow your dps around or jump in and out of tight spots to land a KD or a punt. Its really is a glorious tactic now for open RvR and scen vs magus, sorc and pewpew sham.

I would also never drop Runic Shield personally, as it is one of the best defensive buff you can add to your oathfriend. 1k (basically 2k if you guard them) magic protection every 10s is a super winner. I am not a fan of the AP tactic (Told ya So!), as you will not crit a lot as a def tank so it won't proc much. + other classes can bring better AP stuff, for examples Engie, knights and RP.

GL !
The Russian from Soviet Quebecistan.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Asherdoom

Post#183 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 pm

thats why nowaday i see LOAD of enemy casters around and having a bubble to mitigate damageon me and on my friend is a nice thing vs nuke casters especially around the zerg. Using points to make ppl regain 25 action points i dont see much usefgul due to the fact that load of other classes do it already.

what you think about Powered Etchings? is knockback in enemy players good?

Eathisword

Post#184 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 am

Asherdoom wrote: what you think about Powered Etchings? is knockback in enemy players good?
Best way to know is to try. Personally, I would not use a tactic slot for that. The knock-back is very bad and short. The snare effect might be worth it if your WB needs it. At the group scale, it is utterly pointless, as it gives free immunity to every enemy all the time for basically no effect.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Osred

Post#185 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 am

I'm beginning to appreciate Kneecapper more. It seems in solo roaming smallscale stuff you can cover your ass from the high chance to be crit with it. Popping it on healers too, ass it reduces their heal crit.

Also for the discussion above just go earthshatter.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Darosh
Banned

Post#186 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 am

Eathisword wrote: bloodi and Godless are right. The AoE KB+snare is garbage [...]
Its quite fancy for ORvR roaming in zones with alot of verticality, other than in these very limited situations... yeah. I'd fancy it, if it was handled like the Zealot winds (I'd trade the snare for it, it'd make a really useful tool to reset engagments/break meleetrains off a squishy), but I guess its out of question that it'll never get changed in this manner. :(
Eathisword wrote: Since the defensive check change, I would never spec without Avalanche nowadays. It gives you incredible mobility to follow your dps around or jump in and out of tight spots to land a KD or a punt. Its really is a glorious tactic now for open RvR and scen vs magus, sorc and pewpew sham.
^ so much this, Avalanche is undoubtly the best tool you can pick up if you plan on guarding an mdps (WLs specfically). Aside from the plain obvious edge in mobility, it allows you to actually keep your dpsbot in your HtL arc at all times, which is gold if you roll about as SnB guardbot - its a tiny thing but can have such a huge impact.

Yumyum.

nocturnalguest

Post#187 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 am

@Asherdoom
For WB play Powered Etchings is not that bad as people say, but you better ask the one who forms groups if its needed or not.
Use of this tactic is situational and normally this role is covered by SM.
If your WB suffer from coordinated razes - go for it.

Asherdoom

Post#188 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm

nocturnalguest wrote:@Asherdoom
For WB play Powered Etchings is not that bad as people say, but you better ask the one who forms groups if its needed or not.
Use of this tactic is situational and normally this role is covered by SM.
If your WB suffer from coordinated razes - go for it.
i see your point well i pondered about it especially in scenarios where you can toss ppl away from objective or impede orb capping :)

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#189 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Okay mate, but talking about scenarios i share the same opinion as others. It will just give free immunes, so better not spec it and your group should put CC smartly.
This tactic is for WB play. There are better ways to impede orb capping or toss ppl away.

gilgono

Post#190 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Trying different IB specs is one of my favorite things to do in this game. My guildies can attest to how much gold I've wasted on it ;) . IB brings much more to a group than most people realize. They are the kings of control and anti burst for the order tanks imo.

My favorite organized group build
40/40 RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
40/70 RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

I rarely drop aoe knockback tactic. There are a 1,000,001 places to aoe punt that can turn a fight. Amazing against melee trains and double/triple WE ganks. I won't 3/2/1 tank without it. I understand it can be garbage with pugs. It's fantastic with an organized group though.

Avalanche always for RvR. Overprotective can put out decent aoe dmg during zerg fights. Guard a frontline slayer. or pull engi, or even another tank. It negates toughness so it really does help breaking through tank walls. Also fun to pair with a 2 hand thorns build knight. You can watch melee eat themselves alive.
Ironbowls