Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: [Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Post#41 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:03 am

consider one thing: i would love some changes to engi like in this topic (check my signature which explain which is my dream XD )

Ads
biotek

Post#42 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Glorian wrote:Interesting Summary Biotek. But what is your point? Apart from stating information every Engi already knows?

Pressure class the Engi was, but without the burst is it all fluff damage.
They asked for our vision of the class. That's all it is.

Everyone seems to want Engineer to be a bursty class that can get killing blows all the time. That's not how they worked in retail and I'm okay with them not doing so here. However, engi relied too much on UF to do any real damage, the removal of which somewhat relieved by turret buffs. Engi gets support and defense skills, the burst classes get mechanics that put themselves at risk. Seems a little unfair that engi should also get good burst. Call it fluff damage if you want, it's still heals going to waste that others can capitalize on.

As a grenadier engi I've always seen it as my job to keep pressure on the enemy healers via mass dots. When I played rifleman my job was to pressure specific opponents while getting fairly regular killing blows. I never really played heavy tinkerer so I won't say anything further - I just remember them being used as magnet bots.

Once again I'll disclaimer that my views may not necessarily match up with the changes made to RoR. I'll just reiterate that I never felt weak during retail and so far I don't in RoR either (though I do miss the big UF numbers).

I'm not asking for the class to be stagnant and go unchanged.

Asherdoom

Post#43 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 pm

i think the problem is not engi but overall game design. way tooo much burst in both heal and dps.
Engi so far looks good i am testing kegsniper and in one rotation i down enemy caster ithout many issues unless a healer babysit them.

The idea i love to see materialize is engi grenadier being a debuf class which is NOT DPS but maybe grenades giving little dot damge and for example, reduce armors or stats or resistances. This would open a whole new perspective on grenadier engi.

Nameless

Post#44 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:28 pm

unfortunatly damage is everything. Only plain stats debuff wont do the job. It should be some unique debuffs that only engi got or are quite rare among the classes. Shamans and AMs got plenty of range aoe debuffs and noone pick them about that. Most ppl dont even use all that
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz