Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: [Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Post#11 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:49 pm

You can't ask for a nerf of global heal to up a class.

actually all community thinks shamans healers are overpowered especially in low levels not just me lol

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Asherdoom wrote:

actually all community thinks shamans healers are overpowered especially in low levels not just me lol
Maybe you're right , but it's easier to balance game and class at T4 than low tier .

If you think healer are OP , make a thread about it , but don't think balancing grenadier path would solve that .

If you have troubles to find a path or need advice to kill healer , you better ask in this thread viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10707 a lot of good engineer share their tips and advices .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Asherdoom

Post#13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:

Maybe you're right , but it's easier to balance game and class at T4 than low tier .

If you think healer are OP , make a thread about it , but don't think balancing grenadier path would solve that .

If you have troubles to find a path or need advice to kill healer , you better ask in this thread viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10707 a lot of good engineer share their tips and advices .
i did not mean that.

what i was menaing is engineer (like magus) and like sorcerer/BW aoe dot path got issues on performance on t4 why? heals and dispels spammable and wway too big.
balance a class is not easy task ofc and i believe first step should be taken by us engi aswell, not pretending damage buff but a "equalization of performance" which makes us unique vs other trees. a grenade speced engineer, as i personally like to see it, is a AOE AND DOT path (when i say engi i mean magus aswell, follow my concept please) but the issue that makes this path ridiculous is :
lack of susrvivability (i can understand this as ranged caster)
lack of solid damage : as said many times over we cannt kill anyone in t4 unless hes afking lol

I personally like your reconcept of strafing run, it would make engi grenadier quite a solid groupmate to carry but more than that i would not introducenew spells or rewrite existing ones, just convert the healer coefficent to a more sensed level.

Glorian

Post#14 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm

With the balance forum up again I think we could go on here before starting a proposal.

Concerning all the above points.

Don't touch keg and turret.
Both have been through a lot of discussions and are currently fine.
For the turrets I think a dev said once in Chat that they will stay like this for a long time. So don't waste your Energy there is my suggestion.

Points I would like to address first:

-Frag Grenade being not corp damage.
-Sticky Bomb is useless
-snipe back to 5secs (already a proposal up)
-turret cast on the move, or instacast activated into the engineer career.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#15 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:59 pm

I like turret / deamon cast on move! It gives you a Bit more mobility.
Stikky bombs are a fluff generator that need another Effekt But iam not Sure wich one
Snipe should be on 5 sec in my eyes its The Main ability for every burst Rotation. You have alrdy Fight with get tower Stacks and so on
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Woatan

Post#16 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:00 pm

While at it, I'd like to propose that Napalm Grenade gets a snare within its radius also. And yes, it should trigger everytime someone sets foot in it, as long as it burns.
Stone and Steel

Yardy

Post#17 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Woatan wrote:While at it, I'd like to propose that Napalm Grenade gets a snare within its radius also. And yes, it should trigger everytime someone sets foot in it, as long as it burns.
Hell no, so much snare in this game already, play a tank, you will see Juggernaut is pathetic on a 1 min cooldown and no immunities, the perma snares going around is insane
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Woatan

Post#18 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:15 pm

It's a suiting proposal in line with the role of a ranged utillity class. The high cost also validates the request even further.

Sidenote: I've always been a strong advocate of tanks, as the only class, having a snare. That may be another discussion though.
Last edited by Woatan on Mon May 22, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone and Steel

Ads
Osred

Post#19 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm

No to any changes on Strafing Run. It has incredible utility when paired with a flame turret in RvR with the capability to punt entire warbands.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

GROTRUK

Post#20 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Hey ! this is me i want my epic mount!
Grunbag wrote:Here a video of warlock engineer using doomrocket : (exemple at 1m05)
https://youtu.be/ffRobAxl9hw
Grunbag wrote: You can see here how powerful Death Globe is compared to napalm https://youtu.be/L8itJVccXWA look at yellow bubbling warpfluid